PDA

View Full Version : Isabella crappie from shore finally!

Fishin Magician
06-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Conditions have been excelent for a while now. the only thing missing were the fish. With my time limited to only an hour this morning, I knew I would have to maximize my efforts. Going on a hunch I avoided the obvious crowded spots and hit up one of my favorite reserve areas. I arrived on the water at 9. Later than i would like to. the morning bite is almost always better. Tied on my favorite white jig and got to work. Two casts later I was rewarded with my first fish a standard 12 inch model just under a pound. Good start I thought. Next cast and was on again. Starting to look good. Kept on working the same area for the rest of the hour and finished up with a dozen landed and a few missed hits. All were quality keeper fish with no dinks. Toped it off with one of the jumbo models going right around two pounds, my best of the season so far. Don't want to see my spot get over crowded with all the lurkers who take from this site and never contribute so PM me and I will give you the info. I would expect all the usual spots to start producing as well with excellent weather forcasted for the weeks to come. All fish were released and waiting for you.
My first of the day
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx291/kingofthekern/07d1b508.jpg
A strange Knot head fish
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx291/kingofthekern/93ddc70d.jpg
Best of the day and personal best of the year
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx291/kingofthekern/c414737c.jpg
Tight Lines,
FM

flytyingreloader
06-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Great way to spend an hour, FM! They're tasty, but I C&R most of my crappie. Barring hook injuries, most of my freshwater fish get the C&R. Now, YT or halibut--different story. If they're legal, they stay in the boat.

christainmetalhead909
06-18-2011, 02:15 PM
nice slabs man!!!

Fishin Magician
06-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Great way to spend an hour, FM! They're tasty, but I C&R most of my crappie. Barring hook injuries, most of my freshwater fish get the C&R. Now, YT or halibut--different story. If they're legal, they stay in the boat.
These fish were lucky I only had an hour and no time to clean them. my kids love crappie and we eat a lot of them. They have a high mortality rate (80%) and you actually do the population a favor by removing some.

MarkyMark
06-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Nice fish!!

MM

Bassnman Mike
06-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Great job John! Its about time the big uns start cooperating.

Fishin Magician
06-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Great job John! Its about time the big uns start cooperating.
Tell me about it. you know how hard we have been fishing with only moderate results. I can't take the boat out every day and sometimes like today there just isn't enough time.

Fishin Magician
06-19-2011, 12:42 PM
hit it again this morning and found the fish were still cooperating. Did 10 fish in an hour. a couple smaller fish but most were keepers. Happy fathers day to me!

Bassnman Mike
06-19-2011, 03:44 PM
hit it again this morning and found the fish were still cooperating. Did 10 fish in an hour. a couple smaller fish but most were keepers. Happy fathers day to me!

Great job, I need to talk the wife into letting me buy a place up there so I'll be able to fish the lake more often.

Beeracuda211
06-19-2011, 10:46 PM
1-888-dfg-caltip

lol :Big Grin:

Fishin Magician
06-20-2011, 06:22 AM
I know you have that number on speed dial. Coming from the king poacher I'll take that as compliment. So are you gonna talk or you gonna fish. LOL!