PDA

View Full Version : late report sat 8-307 newport harbor

pipelayer5150
08-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey whats happenin went out to a favorite spot of mine for an hour of late evening fishin in newport harbor caught alot of smallish spotties and then a double hook up of these two nicer ones all fish caught on 2inch chartruse and yellow fire belly swinbaits with uni butter.

Peace out
The pipe layer

RUSSO
08-09-2007, 05:31 PM
You killed them?

pipelayer5150
08-09-2007, 06:04 PM
No they were safely released into the harbor just used the wet concrete as a spot to take the pic of both together since there was no one else to take the pic .

RUSSO
08-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Right on Pipe Layer, I knew you were cool!

smokehound
08-09-2007, 07:51 PM
That response makes me want to eat a few and email this guy the aftermath. :lol:

Nice spots.

pipelayer5150
08-09-2007, 08:06 PM
hey smoke hound theyre good fighting fish and i can definately see them as a resource for sport fishing but if someones gonna eat it which i dont reccomend (i ate one a few years ago kinda tough and chewy) i see no prob with keeping one or two fish for food. I think some of the people need to relax about some one taking a fish or two maybe we should stop keeping yellows and tuna too . I dont see this having a huge impact on the fishery ... just one mans humble opinion.

fish4keep
08-09-2007, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't eat spottie as they spend all thier live in the bay/harbor. I've caught some that would throw up and create grease slick as they were coming up. YUCK....

flyngby
08-11-2007, 08:01 PM
A Double hook up on the swim bait? Does it have a trailer hook? I have caught the doubles (see my last Post) but with 2 separate hooks with non-plastic bait.

Or u must use a very large hook for those 2 nice Spotties to get the same Hook!!!!!

Smells Fishey to Me.

All Mine Are CPR'D

flyngby
08-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Some of my Doubles!!!!

flyngby
08-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Sorry More doubles

pipelayer5150
08-12-2007, 02:54 PM
no my buddy and i were both fishing together and hooked up at the same time. and hey flying by if youre worried about the fishes safety you prob shouldnt fling them up and lay them on the dry dock or hold the sharks upside down by the tail its unsafe and unhealthy for them especially when the dock is hot during the day!!!! hope to see you at that dock so i can show you the proper way..... Ps keep your pics to your own post dont try to hijack others pretty rude.

spiceguy
08-17-2007, 02:24 PM
no my buddy and i were both fishing together and hooked up at the same time. and hey flying by if youre worried about the fishes safety you prob shouldnt fling them up and lay them on the dry dock or hold the sharks upside down by the tail its unsafe and unhealthy for them especially when the dock is hot during the day!!!! hope to see you at that dock so i can show you the proper way..... Ps keep your pics to your own post dont try to hijack others pretty rude.

Heh heh, I agree with ya p/l. I've seen lots of his pics mishandling the fish in my backyard...

POSTAL
08-17-2007, 06:21 PM
no my buddy and i were both fishing together and hooked up at the same time. and hey flying by if youre worried about the fishes safety you prob shouldnt fling them up and lay them on the dry dock or hold the sharks upside down by the tail its unsafe and unhealthy for them especially when the dock is hot during the day!!!! hope to see you at that dock so i can show you the proper way..... Ps keep your pics to your own post dont try to hijack others pretty rude.very tru, whats that expression ..pot calling the kettle black

pipelayer5150
08-17-2007, 08:44 PM
theres another word that explains it pretty well i believe its hippocrat .