PDA

View Full Version : The bako boys/san antonio recon,,,,ITS ONNNNNN,,,,,

trail blazer
06-17-2011, 08:50 AM
We had soo much fun. Ended up only landing one striper, lost 3 {all were 10 lbs}. Had catfish all night long. Got home in time to cook up my wife some catfish for dinner.

We had chick scratching and clawing to get to us.

It all started at the gate with the two 20 something year olds wanting to inspect our mussels Then on the way home we were literally stopped {no joke} on the highway by a real nice cougar, Says she was "asking for directions" But we know what she was really wanting...:Confused:

All these girls are lucky I and CUT BAIT are family men and loyal to our wives.

I found out CB suffers sleep apnea and stops breathing for 30 seconds at a time then catches his breath with huffing and puffing snores.. TB slept good.. CUT BAIT? not so much.

Now to the Striper stories.. Fellas... everything your about to hear is true.. I acknowledge I am a Bullshitter of the first order and if I exaggerate any of the following I shall take the wrath of God's punishment.

So after all afternoon blanking, we start the morning in the same area.. {MISTAKE}
Waste 2hrs of prime time looking for something going on the part of the lake we've had our best luck at. Finally called it quits around 7 am.. Talked to a hardcore boil chaser, he had binoculars and all.. I am serious, this dude did not throw one bait in the 30 minutes or so we talked/saw him... just sat there looking, with his 250 hp engine in idle in wait of boils spotted..

Make a move by a suggestion to the otherside of the lake on suggestion by a striper slaying buddy.TROUT ONLY. We get into this spot change maybe 30 mins and BOOM,, a 40 fish boil blows up. All fish over 10 lbs {San Antonio schoolies}

We get to the boil a bit late and CUT BAIT throws a waxwing and get boiled right at the boat, fish missed.. By this time the boil broke up into 4 seperate boils. We chase one and it flutters out and nothing happes.. Keep in mind the chaos CB and I have with "boil casting" nervous condition.. All the time we are looking at DD fish breezing with there backs out of the water.

I spot the last boil 300 yds away and we haul ***... get there and the fish goes nuts on surface. CB and I both make casts like a *** LMB tournament fisherman.. I reel in first and cut CB off, fish was behind the boat now and CUT BAIT gets slammed!!! NOOOOO.. no hook-up. He says piss on the waxwing, they need a bellyhook!!!

And just like that, all the boils are gone.

We go back on the troll, 20 mins in and I hook up... YEAH!!!

real all rods in, slight problems with crossing fish with the line.. I get the fish to the boat, I size it up,, thought I had a good chance... ERRRRRR

CUT BAIT gets the 10-12 lb fish head into my 15 inch throat, 2 ft long handle net when the fish was still 4 ft from the boat... http://outcastanglers.com/forums/images/smilies/more/sCo_hmmthink.gif

Not too bright Cutbait.... Fish only gets in half way and flops out,,, Panic sets in, he even took a swipe at netting from the tail!! WTF CUTBAIT? I regroup, realizing I was giving a class in noob netting.

Fish is still 4 ft from the boat, finally ready to be netted. Keep in mind the net is 3.5 ft long.. Then while he is on his side gives a head shake and we watch the 1/2 ounce jig pop out and still this fish spends 5 secs floating side up 4 ft from the boat. HE CANT REACH IT...

GONE!

I took it well, never said a word but laughed. Then I start cussing up a storm, I had a broken leader.. Meaning I had two fish on.

I was hooked up on a double, DD digit hookup.. [fairly common at SA]

I'm not going to post the vid cause I am chicken.

Now I am backing away from the God's wrath statement from this point forward in the post.

Heres the 5 lb class striper we got while baiting down that night in between dark and daylight,,,,,,,,,,,I told cutbait that he looks a little weird<THE FISH>but it was decided that it must be a result of the high water there

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2011-06-10_07-38-01_150.jpg

Cooler shot

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2011-06-10_07-38-38_145.jpg

a few pics of the day

Heres 1,,,,,,,loaded for a 24hr marathon

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2011-06-09_15-34-26_680.jpg

the inhabitants
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2011-06-09_18-43-29_907-1.jpg

Notice the net in the background,,,,,,,,,,,WOOPS,,,We forgot the bigole striper net!:Rolls Eyes:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2011-06-09_19-51-21_737.jpg
Sorry for the late post,,,,,,,,,,,,

TRAIL BLAZER

TheAsianGuy
06-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Holy crap captain. What's up with the arsenal of rods there? I thought it was a bamboo forest growing on your boat.

If you haven't notice, but women are getting quite horny (especially cougars and single mothers near and during Father's day). They are even more so during the family holidays. Don't ask. Danish University turned the report in a wee bit back.

What is up the with the cat with stripes? Is it trying to be like a tiger shark?

trail blazer
06-17-2011, 10:44 AM
C,MON A,GUY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOOK,,,,Its got stripes,,,,,,,,,,,S T R I P E R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wingnut
06-17-2011, 10:58 AM
TB, what a fun report to read... you guys crack me up. :Big Smile:
I've witnessed a school of 10lb plus Stripers boiling up there... insane! :Shocked:
Looks like it has begun... kinda. :Wink:
Thanks for the update. :Cool:

As for the netting mishap, I was guilty of making that same mistake at Castaic on Bob's boat while trying to net my buddy's huge DD Striper. :mad: Bob didn't talk to me for the rest of the trip. :LOL:

MustHuntAndFish
06-17-2011, 11:02 AM
First of all.... Like TB said.... Thats not a Cat with Stripes A/Guy! It's a Striper with wiskers! I believe those fish are native to San Antonio :Confused:

You guys are hilarious! Is that your PB WiskerStriper CB?

I've never fished S/A but have always wanted to. This report seals the deal. I want some of that action.... Striper, WiskerStriper, and CougarFish on the road? I wanna go for that Trifecta!

trail blazer
06-17-2011, 11:15 AM
We was only on the fish for abought 2 hrs before we absolutely had to load up and go,,,,,,,,,,,,SUCK,D TOO!!

But,,,we had our chance and blew it,,,,,,,,,,NEXT TIME THEY WILL PAY!

TRAIL BLAZER

TheAsianGuy
06-17-2011, 12:35 PM
C,MON A,GUY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOOK,,,,Its got stripes,,,,,,,,,,,S T R I P E R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ROFL: Okay..okay..let's call it a hybrid.

Shock
06-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Nice going up there!!!

Hopefully I get up there on Sunday, it all depends on how my pops is feeling. He had back surgery 6 weeks ago. Might end up at the Mid...

cutbait
06-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Nice going up there!!!

Hopefully I get up there on Sunday, it all depends on how my pops is feeling. He had back surgery 6 weeks ago. Might end up at the Mid...

Shock, fish are not in normal areas.

They are in center of lake from general store north.

Good post TB. Seems like Cutbait drew most of the heat here.....

Where's the beer stories? You noticeably left them out...

Or how bout your sleepy arse makin me land my own fish cause you were too lazy to get up!

Hmmm. Makes a guy think about your DD striper and the "net job" I put on it as payback

trail blazer
06-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Shock, fish are not in normal areas.

They are in center of lake from general store north.

Good post TB. Seems like Cutbait drew most of the heat here.....

Where's the beer stories? You noticeably left them out...

Or how bout your sleepy arse makin me land my own fish cause you were too lazy to get up!

Hmmm. Makes a guy think about your DD striper and the "net job" I put on it as payback

YA,,,,I know but I WROTE IT,,,NOT YOU!!LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,So i left out the part where YOU forgot the T,P and had to use your underwear for that duty,,,,,,,,,,,and the part where you got SCEERD when the pigs were snorting and rooting in the next cove over no more then a 100 feet away,,,,,,,,,,I can still hear it now<<<<scott,,,,SCOTT!!!!!!! Wake up,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,can still hear you murmering <FREEKING GREAT!!!!!!LOLLOLLOL

Cutbait that trip was a BLAST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,We need to do that again soon,,,,,,,,,,,,,maby get some more FNNers camping lakeside with us,,,,,,,,,,,,THAT PLACE IS A BLAST,,,,,,,,,,Park the boat ANYWHERE you want for the night and have a great time catfishing and popping tops,,,,,,,,,,,,PRICELESS!

TRAIL BLAZER

fishinone
06-17-2011, 03:19 PM
LOL, you guys crack me up! That's not a striper! It's a tabby.

Thanks for the recon.

I have to get out to San Antonio soon.

I was doing a similar landing, little net long fish, recently with a Barracuda. I gave lipping it some thought, but decided against it.

TroutOnly
06-17-2011, 09:18 PM
The bloodfest at the san ant is comin,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Shock
06-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Made it!!! Havent metered s*** on the north end...How far past tgat floating restroom were you talkin about?

trail blazer
06-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Mostly between the n,shore C,grounds and the floating out house ,,,,,,,,,,,,Posted up over 50 feet of water abought 20 to 30 feet deep,,,,,,,,,,,Not past the outhouse but between the bouys and the outhouse shock,,,,,,,,,,,

We also meterd ALOT of bait over by white chalk cliffs,,,,,,,,,,THE N,SHORE LAUNCH<<-----------BUT NO FISH,,,

PM Sent shock

cutbait
06-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Starting from the general store to just shy of the outhouse.

Check your PM. I'll send you my phone number

MikesOcean
06-19-2011, 03:15 PM
You guys are AWESOME!!! IT was prolly like beavis and buuuuutheeead!!!!!
Who's beavis?? Haha

I would have loved to have been there with u guys and some tequila.

Count me in next time. Plan a sat night til Mon night

Helll lets round someething up with fellow brothers and cougers. Hahahahahaha

Geraldlim
06-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Sounds like it was awesome!
The ramps are closed at night now right? Can you still hand launch small boats at night?

trail blazer
06-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Sounds like it was awesome!
The ramps are closed at night now right? Can you still hand launch small boats at night?

All vessels must be mussel inspected before entering the water,,,,,,,,,,,SUCKS!

Shock
06-20-2011, 09:19 PM
All vessels must be mussel inspected before entering the water,,,,,,,,,,,SUCKS!

Hey TB, when I left the lake I had them put a band on my rig. You know what that means....muaaaahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!

trail blazer
06-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Yaaaaaa,,,,Was going to get 1 myself but i knew my next trip would be the mid here in a few days,,

But i still wiched id got 1 myself cause you never know

SDDave
06-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Nice job Bako boys... you guys could do your own Jimmy Big Time Type show, I watch that why over watching Bill D. for the comedy it must have been out there, 10 pound stripers in a 2 pound net... lol... lip that pig damm it.. I remember a few years back when fish like that would boil at Castaic... I might just make a run up there myself, where's the closest Hilton?

tacklejunkie
06-22-2011, 12:20 PM
I laughed! I cried!
Hysterical!
Great read.