PDA

View Full Version : Tube fins?

bassman909
06-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Im in need of new fins i wear a 10.5 size shoe not really sure what to buy dont want to spend a fortune would like something i can wear with bare feet or water socks can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

That Dang Guy
06-18-2011, 12:23 AM
I must admit that I am probably the least experienced and probably should not be giving you advice. Others have mentioned that Forcefins are the best way to go and I found a pair to try. I have only went out one other time and used a buddy's scubapro split fins. Compared to that, the forcefins are a dream. You're able to walk forward with them and their lighter. Since the fins are shorter and very little thrust on the downstroke, it becomes much easier to manevuer the tube. The primarily thrust comes from the upstroke, extending your leg, but it has quite a kick. Compared to the scuba fins, theres no doubt that I was going faster with less effort.

I know the price for forcefins are quite high, but roll into your local Sport Chalet and ask them to look for a size that fits you in their network. If they have them, they'll ship it to their store for you to pick up. At $60.00 + tax, it's hard to beat for the price.

If you're looking on ebay, beware of counterfeit forcefins. They will not have a large lion logo on each of the fins and do no work the same. The real forcefins are quite flexible while the counterfits are very stiff.

The strap on the forcefins felt very stable. I was worried about them slipping off, so i went to tighten them through out the day, but found that no adjustments were necessary.

GL with your search.

Nessie Hunter
06-18-2011, 08:10 AM
My 2 cents.......

Hot Spots, Hands down the best Tube Fins out there...
Weightless (they float)... Designed by a Tuber (Fat Albert FNN) for Tubers...

Size 10 1/2 would be a Med (like mine) for Stocking foot waders and Aqua Socks or barefoot...

mytyt
06-22-2011, 07:17 AM
Hot Spots for me also. I have wide feet and got the XL for my size 11's and no pain that other brands all gave me. Tubing has become even better for me. No pain and they float which makes them seem lighter