PDA

View Full Version : Casitas Multi Day Report

BuckBishop
06-16-2011, 08:44 AM
This report covers multiple anglers over multiple days from June 9 thru June 13 at Lake Casitas.

Angler #1 June 9, under gray skies caught 18 lbs. by 8:30 AM on 6-8' crankbaits and dropshot on sunken isalnd and main lake points culling to 20 lbs. by noon.
Angler #1 June 10, under similar conditions caught significanly less fish using same patterns but still caught fish.

Angler #2 June 11, under gray skies and slight wind, used zara spooks along reed lines and landed three fish with a few missed blow ups. Back seat hooked a nice fish on a spook and busted off. Bite was slow in general. Top water bite cooled while dropshot produced a few small fish in coves and along reed lines.
Angler #2 June 12, under gray skies blanked for the day. This angler is well rounded and attempted many presentations and couldn't buy a bite.

Angler #3 June 13 (me with Angler #1) Fog in the AM, clearing to blue bird skies with slight to moderate wind, temps 69-71. Fishing sunken island by 6 AM my first fish came on a spinnerbait skin hooked on the outside of bottom lip with trailer hook, just shy of 2 lbs. Always use a trailer hook! Angler #1 using a crankbait = 0.

Moved to main lake point and I landed two on a chigger craw biggest going 3 lbs. Angler #1 using a dropshot started putting fish in the boat as my chigger craw bite cooled. Hitting primarily main lake points and shore line angler #1 continued to land shorties and keepers on the dropshot. I managed 1 on a dropshot. Final score me 4 and angler #1 12 with his biggest going 3.2 lbs.

Lets hear how you did on Lake Casitas!

Rabbito
06-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Fellow Casitas fisher here. Fished the team tourney this weekend 6-18, I caught 3, largest 3.25, one on a crank the other 2 on a bobber and basstrix, dont laugh it works better than a drop shot right now, I missed 2 others on my bobber deal and a couple of lookers. My partner landed one keeper and one dink, the keeper on a 4" senko.

Winners said they pounded the banks with white spinners in wadliegh arm. Tough fishing was had by all. Winners only had 15 pounds. There were plenty of good teams that only brought in 2 fish.