PDA

View Full Version : 6/15 Irvine bassn (pics of mussels?..zebra?)

whopperstopper
06-15-2011, 04:53 PM
We'll fishin was a lil tougher than past weeks... water's bout 74.. water level starting to drop a few feet.. I got six ...still tons of fry all over gettin devoured.. lots of jumper's in the morning here's pic of the first and biggest of the day... also buddy pulled up this branch with mussels all over it tried to a good close up pic but wouldnt focus.. some did have some stripes on em.. dont know if u can see...gonna sprinkle some these on boats in line @ Dvl Lol :Cool:... i know that's not funny..lol

whopperstopper
06-15-2011, 05:14 PM
I just saw that Irvine is on the list of lake with quagga mussels.. so no biggie... Too bad they dont have bearded clams...lol

Josh
06-15-2011, 06:39 PM
this past weekend I actually hooked one of those (mussels) when i was reeling in off a snag.

hooks
06-15-2011, 08:13 PM
The water level hasn't dropped in last 3 weeks at least. It must have been a while since you last visited.
:Confused:

Rooster
06-15-2011, 09:56 PM
I must be hungry, Looks like a nice piece of Almond Roca to me :LOL: Nice bass

karalm
06-16-2011, 05:36 AM
Whopper continues the slaying streak!! Thanks for the report and pics. Did you do the green weinies again??

fish.n.stein
06-16-2011, 07:16 AM
I saw the exact thing when fishing el cap.. You would hook a fish.in the brush and you get the fish to the boat and almost have to re tie after every fish beacause of those mussels. Nice report though goodquality fish. Ill see you on the water soon

karalm
06-16-2011, 07:32 AM
mussels link for california - may be quagga in lieu of zebra's!!
http://resources.ca.gov/quagga/docs/quagga_factsheet.pdf

FISHJUNKIE4446
06-16-2011, 08:53 PM
I have seen :Shocked: plenty. I have a under water camara. They have been there for quite awile, I saw them more than 4 years ago. Wash your boat with bleach really good after fishing there. I found some small ones like these on my sump pump!!!! Check your belge guys......Tight lines

TroutOnly
06-23-2011, 08:09 AM
They should be checking the boats coming out of there,like they do at skinner,making sure all the water is out of the boat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

troutdog
06-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Chunky greenie, nice catch!

I must be hungry, Looks like a nice piece of Almond Roca to me :LOL: Nice bass

You're great Rob :LOL:

TD