PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day battle of the Bay

HESBROS
06-15-2011, 12:50 PM
As many of you know, I may have posted some comments regarding the "Bass Widow" that may have appeared as me challenging the "Spotted Fever" in some spottie action. It appears my words have been accepted as a challenge, and the battle lines have been drawn for June 19, 2011.

As of now, the teams are as follows:

Team Spotted Fever: AKA Old Timers?
1. Steve
2. Arthur
3. Allen (Steves Brother)

Team Bass Widow:
1. Eddie
2. Anthony
3. Little Aaron (AKA Spottie Slayer)

I look forward to our "Father's Day Battle In The Bay".......But we need to establish some rules.....or maybe the FNN'ers should establish the rules! Here are my thoughts:

Entry Fee's:

$30 per team for overall
$15 Per Team for Big Fish

2 Ways to win! Spotties only.....Possible side challenge for Hali's?

1. Heaviest team bag (5 fish max)
2. 1 big fish weighed per team

The rules:
1. Spotties must be 13 Inch minimum to qualify.
2. 5 Alive total bag limit per boat/team. (If you guys can get 5). Dead fish will not be weighed and -.50 lb per dead fish will be deducted from total bag (and a flogging).
3. Fish will be weighed at a predetermoned location on the water in a plastic type grocery basket with digi scale.
4. Tourny hours will be from 0530-1430. Starting point will be PCH Bridge. (I know that my be a little early for you and your team).
5. Artificial baits only.
6. Team Spotted Fever may not fish on the west side of the harbor from 15th street south to Newport Yacht Club or the entire Bay Island itslef.
7. Drop Trolling will not be permitted. (Arthur)

Any to add or negotiate?

Eddie!

smokehound
06-15-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm a little confused as to why they arent permitted to fish the island??

Wingnut
06-15-2011, 12:57 PM
You gotta include the Flatties Eddie... :Wink: :Twisted: :Envious:

Get it right, it's troll-shotting! :ROFL:

HESBROS
06-15-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm a little confused as to why they arent permitted to fish the island??

Because it is their favorite place.

HESBROS
06-15-2011, 01:52 PM
You gotta include the Flatties Eddie... :Wink: :Twisted: :Envious:

Get it right, it's troll-shotting! :ROFL:

That's right, troll shotting!

You figure out the halibut side of it.......Biggest legal? Biggest overall with documented pic?

HESBROS
06-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Any other fellow FNN'ers up forthe battle?

klocked
06-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Ha!! Someone's gonna lose and it aint gonna be me!! j/k

I'm spending fathers day with my dad and am going to take him to the range.
His favorite thing to do in the whole wide world!

Have fun out there guys, keep it clean!

Jaysuuun
06-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Sounds like it's gonna be fun. Can't wait to see that report. Tess and I would love to join, but we got somewhere to be at greylight. :Twisted:

Maybe we'll head down afterwards for the weigh-in/results. Let us know where and when. :Cool:

HESBROS
06-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Sounds like it's gonna be fun. Can't wait to see that report. Tess and I would love to join, but we got somewhere to be at greylight. :Twisted:

Maybe we'll head down afterwards for the weigh-in/results. Let us know where and when. :Cool:

Going for Ghosts?

HESBROS
06-16-2011, 06:16 PM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/images/icons/icon1.png Fathers Day battle of the Bay

As many of you know, I may have posted some comments regarding the "Bass Widow" that may have appeared as me challenging the "Spotted Fever" in some spottie action. It appears my words have been accepted as a challenge, and the battle lines have been drawn for June 19, 2011.

As of now, the teams are as follows:

Team Spotted Fever: AKA Old Timers?
1. Steve
2. Arthur
3. Allen (Steves Brother)

Team Bass Widow:
1. Eddie
2. Anthony
3. Little Aaron (AKA Spottie Slayer)

I look forward to our "Father's Day Battle In The Bay".......But we need to establish some rules.....or maybe the FNN'ers should establish the rules! Here are my thoughts:

Entry Fee's:

$30 per team for overall
$15 Per Team for Big Fish

3 Ways to win! Spotties only.....Possible side challenge for Hali's?

1. Heaviest team bag (Spottties only 5 fish max)
2. 1 big fish (Spottie Only) weighed per team
3. Heaviest Halibut per team? Or longest Halibut?

The rules:
1. Spotties must be 13 Inch minimum to qualify.
2. 5 Alive total bag limit per boat/team. (If you guys can get 5). Dead fish will not be weighed and -.50 lb per dead fish will be deducted from total bag (and a flogging).
3. Fish will be weighed at a predetermoned location on the water in a plastic type grocery basket with digi scale.
4. Tourny hours will be from 0530-1430. Starting point will be PCH Bridge. (I know that my be a little early for you and your team).
5. Artificial baits only.
6. Team Spotted Fever may not fish on the west side of the harbor from 15th street south to Newport Yacht Club or the entire Bay Island itslef.
8. Team Spotted Fever may only use 4lb line.
9. Team Spotted Fever may launch the boat, but may NOT untie from the dock.
10. Team Spotted Fever may fish from the launch ramp docks.
11. Team Spotted Fever will have 1lb deducted from total weight for each matching clothing article that Arthur may wear.

Any to add or negotiate?

Eddie!

Wingnut
06-16-2011, 09:54 PM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/images/icons/icon1.png Fathers Day battle of the Bay

8. Team Spotted Fever may only use 4lb line.
9. Team Spotted Fever may launch the boat, but may NOT untie from the dock.
10. Team Spotted Fever may fish from the launch ramp docks.
11. Team Spotted Fever will have 1lb deducted from total weight for each matching clothing article that Arthur may wear.

Any to add or negotiate?

Eddie!

Eddie, are you SURE these handicap rules are enough to slow down the Spotted Fever?!? :ROFL:
I'll be sure to mis-match my clothes... :LOL:

Which Way Out
06-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Arthur just to make if fair you should also only use a cane pole. JK.. I can't wait to see the report. Please take lots of pic's. Throw in some good old fashion fooling with each other.
Have fun and good luck to all teams.

Happy Fathers Day to everyone.