PDA

View Full Version : Isabella crappie 6/14

661Bass'n
06-15-2011, 08:03 AM
Well, went home sick on Monday, then woke up at 4am on Tuesday, still feeking sick, so called off work.

Then about 5:30am, my wife was like why are you still in bed. I told her I am sick, but do you want to go to Isabella, if the wind is good. We filled up with gas by 6:45 and made the long drive from Lancaster. Got onto the lake about 9:15 and made a run, the spot I wanted to fish was taken up by about 6 boats, so I hit some trees near by and bang! Landed my first crappie at Isabella!! I was stoked no skunk and the drive is now officially worth it..lol Moved from that tree to another, but in the process my son decided not to hold his pole, and with my trolling motor on 50%, it yanked my favorite little ultra light in the water..I was not quick enough to snag it, so it's down 25ft under. I am frustrated now...about 30 mins later a few boats leave and I motor over and grab a spot...we stay about 3 1/2 more hours in all between my wife and I we land 11 Crappie. Not a bad day, and my wife was happy to catch her first few Crappie ever!!

Fishin Magician
06-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Nice job on the slabs. We were out there that morning also. We managed about 20 in a couple hours. They would have bit better but the full moon slowed the bite down. Great to see your wife got her first crappie. Wait till she tastes them and she'll be the one asking you to go to the lake.
Tight Lines,
FM

Bassnman Mike
06-16-2011, 07:14 AM
Congrats to ya!

Gotta LOVE them tasty crappie!

Hey John, did you try that spot I told you about?

661Bass'n
06-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Thanks Guys, yes it was great to catch multiple fish and she can't wait to get back up there soon.

Alex

jayman
06-16-2011, 03:35 PM
my son decided not to hold his pole, and with my trolling motor on 50%, it yanked my favorite little ultra light in the water..I was not quick enough to snag it, so it's down 25ft under

This reminded me of when we were little, my uncle took me and my sister (can't remember who else was there) out on his boat for some mackerel. She had a little barbie or something like that combo pole that she wasn't holding. Its a fishing story, so i'm sure it was a monster of a fish, but it pulled her pole out of the boat. She started crying, and being the loving big brother I am, I laughed until I got yelled at for laughing at my little sister.
Ok, maybe not the same as loosing your favorite ultra light. I'd be pretty upset too. But, made me think of it. Good job on the slabs out there and thanks for the report.