PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood Sunday 6/12/11

Adam_B.
06-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Sorry no pics. I'll try to post them later.

Anyway... it's been at least a year since I have fished from my float tube and decided I would take it into Miller Canyon and do some trout fishing. Haven't been back there since the water was waaaaaay down back in Feb.-March. I love fishing Silverwood and I forget how beautiful Miller Canyon is in the Spring. Water was way way up from the last time I was there. Not a cloud in the sky and slightly breezy not too bad though. By the time I got back to where I wanted to be and launched it was about 8am. Fished trout worms and night crawlers and had my limit of good size trout by 10am. I found some trout worms at Big 5 made by Eagle Claw. Color was Nightcrawler with red flakes. Didn't know Eagle Claw made trout worms. They looked great so I bought them and they ended up being the hot bait for me. I landed my biggest trout on the first cast. Went a solid 2-3 lbs. I was fishing them on a 1/32 jig head and 4lb P-line (I REALLY NEED 2lb).

Probably my best day of fishing ever at the wood. I hardly limit out, let alone in 2 hours. If I didn't have to leave by eleven I probably would of had a ton more. To anyone that likes using trout worms, I highly recommend the Eagle Claw worms. Nightcrawler with red flake. Did me good!

christainmetalhead909
06-14-2011, 01:49 PM
i cant wait to get some time off to get the tube out there. i wanna try for stripers mostly but thanks for the trout info i love fishing with trout worms from a tube. did you see any boild going on yet?

Adam_B.
06-14-2011, 02:55 PM
I was looking and didn't see any. I can't wait to get on some striper action myself. I think they tast better than trout.

christainmetalhead909
06-14-2011, 03:14 PM
I was looking and didn't see any. I can't wait to get on some striper action myself. I think they tast better than trout.

ya i thnik so too. did you have to get the tube inspected before launching it? what is the fee for launching there?

Adam_B.
06-15-2011, 10:51 AM
No fee. No inspection. Just pay the $7 day pass to get in and you can launch your tube anywhere you want to. That's why I love it. Plus its a beautiful lake. Gets hot in the summer. Sometimes the wind can be out of control though. Thats really the only thing bad about the lake.

dirtstyles1
06-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Adam b I think it's been a while since you have been the fee is 10 dollars now and they do want to inspect your tube and kayak if you didn't use it there or Perris last

Adam_B.
06-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Your right it is $10 now. Didn't know they needed to inspect my tube though. Thanks I'll remember next time. I don't feel too bad since it was siting in my garage for a year or so. Oh well....