tadavis09
06-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Well this is

Hooked Up
06-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Nice report! A limit in less than 3 1/2 hrs? What took so long! LOL

P.A.W.
06-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Boy, you must have looked like a hero returning to camp with a limit! Great info on the 'stoning. The lake did need it.

Slater
06-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the heads-up on the blue-stoning, was going to go this morning until I read your report last night. I just called lake skinner for clarification on if the lake was going to be closed to fishing for any additional days. She said the lake is open to fish as of today, but the blue-stoning upsets the fishs' stomachs and puts the bite off. Anybody know anything about this??? Either way I think I am going to try and get out there wed or thurs morning.

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-14-2011, 10:06 AM
nice taco sized stringer! haha what did you use for bait? were you just fly lining it?

christainmetalhead909
06-14-2011, 10:43 AM
nice report man, welcome!!

Fishbrains
06-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Was planning on fishing wed but not sure due to the blue-stoning, never fished after one, any info if this affects fishing?

tadavis09
06-14-2011, 01:46 PM
nice taco sized stringer! haha what did you use for bait? were you just fly lining it?

haha thanks. Foster farms chicken livers were the way to go out there. Stop at staters and pick up a couple containers of chicken livers. Freeze em overnight and you will be good to go in the morning. I actually soaked one of the containers in a s*** ton of garlic salt and the striper were hittin em like crazy. I would recommend heading towards the dam. Pop open a beer and enjoy urself. If they start hittin like crazy then stick to just one pole. I dont have a fish finder but just found a spot where they were schooling I guess. I need to invest in a cheap ff.

P.A.W.
06-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Did you see anything thrashing or boiling in the AM?

Slater
06-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Back to the blue-stoning Q's...I read some old post on other forums, And it seemed like guys were getting bit, though to what extent it doesnt say. Im heading out in the morning (troll and look for surface boils) and we will see if I get bent. Will report back...

tadavis09
06-14-2011, 11:06 PM

No sir... I was lookin

Slater
06-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Hit the lake for a quick paddle; Super foggy - no wind - But a little fishy. Picked 3 stripey off the surface and 1 enormous bluegill on my trolling rod. In my opinion, the striper are not chewing like they were pre-Blue-stoning. Last friday the boiling fish had my rod bent like a kid in a candy shop... today not quite as exciting. By the way nice tacos tadavis... And may suggest instead of a trolling motor / pick up a kayak instead for the same price!!! Got mine customized with rod holders / ff / bendo

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-15-2011, 11:41 AM
haha thanks. Foster farms chicken livers were the way to go out there. Stop at staters and pick up a couple containers of chicken livers. Freeze em overnight and you will be good to go in the morning. I actually soaked one of the containers in a s*** ton of garlic salt and the striper were hittin em like crazy. I would recommend heading towards the dam. Pop open a beer and enjoy urself. If they start hittin like crazy then stick to just one pole. I dont have a fish finder but just found a spot where they were schooling I guess. I need to invest in a cheap ff.
do you have a hard time keeeping em on ur hook once they thaw out?

tadavis09
06-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Hit the lake for a quick paddle; Super foggy - no wind - But a little fishy. Picked 3 stripey off the surface and 1 enormous bluegill on my trolling rod. In my opinion, the striper are not chewing like they were pre-Blue-stoning. Last friday the boiling fish had my rod bent like a kid in a candy shop... today not quite as exciting. By the way nice tacos tadavis... And may suggest instead of a trolling motor / pick up a kayak instead for the same price!!! Got mine customized with rod holders / ff / bendo

Yeah I had a feeling they wouldnt be hittin as hard... Did you see any boils?? You just get a kayak put the rods in the holders and troll that way?? that sounds very interesting

tadavis09
06-15-2011, 01:02 PM
do you have a hard time keeeping em on ur hook once they thaw out?

ya its harder to keep em on but get some sewing thread and wrap it around the bait and hook... theres all kinds of ways to keep the **** on but i just use sewing thread.. people will tell you to use old pantyhose and chessecloth or whatever but just wrap and tie some sewing thread around it.. dont pull it too tight tho bc it will just cut through the livers...

tadavis09
06-15-2011, 01:48 PM

I see that you fish skinner a lot... I love that lake but never had real good luck with the topwater action... I would way rather fish the topwater than baitin and waitin and was wondering what your favorite lures were for topwater at skinner? I dunno if ur against sharing that kind of stuff but i was jw

Slater
06-15-2011, 01:50 PM
I troll one rod down deep with a baitfish immitation and cruz the lake looking for surface boils. I have my other rod with a lure ready to be launched into the boils...has produced most of my fish and it keeps me on the move, covering a lot of ground, and helps locate were schools are hanging out.
But hey wide open bait and wait...I would take that anyday.... I just like the rush when im rippin a lure across the surface and it gets hammered...love it.

Slater
06-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Few boils this morning, very early, tough to follow bc of fog. Once fog lifted nothing on the surface but big brown carp.
PM me and i will share the lures I use and how I fish them.

P.A.W.
06-15-2011, 09:04 PM
I see that you fish skinner a lot... I love that lake but never had real good luck with the topwater action... I would way rather fish the topwater than baitin and waitin and was wondering what your favorite lures were for topwater at skinner? I dunno if ur against sharing that kind of stuff but i was jw

Sending a PM now