PDA

View Full Version : Did someone rip you off here?

smokehound
06-13-2011, 08:56 PM
I felt this was a good idea, to put shady individuals on blast in a sticky-thread, so people who were stung before can keep an eye out for others.

I've seen this crap happen at arachnoboards, someone ran around ripping people off, made new screen-names, and this ONE person screwed a bunch of people!

I've never been ripped off here, because i've never bought anything here. I just felt this would help.

evosamurai
06-13-2011, 09:36 PM
thanx i think one of the fraudulent peeps is mike ock

gupppy
06-14-2011, 06:21 AM
thanx i think one of the fraudulent peeps is mike ock

please post supporting evidence/your story/classified thread instead of just a name.

DarkShadow
06-14-2011, 09:32 AM
please post supporting evidence/your story/classified thread instead of just a name.

LOL!

Um, I think you missed his joke.

But yes, I think we need evidence of Mike Ock screwing people over. Hopefully not photographic evidence.

That Dang Guy
06-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Lol! You can just hear Bart cracking up on the other side of the phone!

I've done probably two dozen transactions here and haven't had an issue. Everyone has been great.

People just need to be cautious when it comes to buying or selling to people posting items with only a handful of posts under there belts.

DarkShadow
06-14-2011, 09:51 AM
http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/104/1047990/line-o-rama-the-simpsons-moe-szyslak-20091119034437788-000.jpg

"I need Amanda Hugnkiss!"

smokehound
06-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Yeah, post evidence. =P forgot to advise that.

Swank909
06-14-2011, 03:27 PM
In over 2 years that i've been selling / buying / trading stuff on this forum the only bad experience i've seen or heard of is that Jiggaman dude and his on going issue with an Abu someone bought in April. We've been pretty lucky to have an outstanding group of individuals on this board.

marshhawk
06-14-2011, 03:35 PM
I've bought and sold equipment several times on FNN, met some nice people, and everything was exactly as represented. Marshhawk

thomasfishing
06-14-2011, 04:51 PM
In over 2 years that i've been selling / buying / trading stuff on this forum the only bad experience i've seen or heard of is that Jiggaman dude and his on going issue with an Abu someone bought in April. We've been pretty lucky to have an outstanding group of individuals on this board.

I have to agree with swank Jiggaman. he been trying to sell these red abu garcia combo along with these penn slammer combo. great price but problem was he would flake or make up excuses and then jack up the price once we meet up.

heydaad
06-14-2011, 09:04 PM
I've both bought and sold on this board (even bartered a little too). No problems, honest people, and no flakes at all. It should be noted I have used some of the other boards for the same, and the integrity here is very good considering how fast one person can screw a bunch of people given the chance. I hope the people I have done business with feel the same ...
Ferg

MAVERICK27
06-15-2011, 07:23 AM
I have bought and sold dozens of items here over the years and have had VERY good experiences. I always try and sweeten the deal when someone drives to see the item.

The only issue i've ever had is high maintenance buyers and/or not educating themselves before they make a buying decision. My advice is, GOOGLE is free. Make sure you know what you are purchasing, what it fits, what it needs and what it is worth before you go look. Otherwise, keep in mind that the seller still just wants to his item gone. They may not be the best source of information for you. Be an educated buyer!

FNN has been awesome to me! Thanks for great dealings and let's all keep it up!!

tacklejunkie
06-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Had one issue with a guy not showing up while I waited in the parking lot.
LASTCAST or something like that.
Just make sure you guys have made phone contact before you go out to meet and sell items and do it in very public places like walmart or best buy parking lot with lots of people. Never know when some bozo hates you because of some 3 year old report you wrote at "their" lake.

Don't take candy from strangers and don't forget your toothbrush either.
Tooth Fairy and Sandy Claws won't be happy.

Sticky this B*tch. Good thread.
Hold some accountability to these usernames.

tree
06-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Hey since it seems that you guys are all in the dark about heatware...
I'll post it up here.: http://www.heatware.com/

That site pretty much works as a feedback website for all buying and selling on forums.
There are known trolls that jack people throughout multiple forums, and all their multiple aliases are tracked.

I myself have already been registered and have ~10 positive feedback comments.

4g63power
06-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Lokey low balled and flaked on me.

tree
06-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Lokey low balled and flaked on me.
Was money ever traded hands? if not, then it's not a scam, and is simply bad communication. (or lokey being a flake)

In all honesty, Heatware works. Communication, speed of payment, ease of business all matter when dealing with people online. Nobody wants to buy something and then wait 3 weeks for the seller to ship it.

bsp
06-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Just make sure you guys have made phone contact before you go out to meet and sell items and do it in very public places like walmart or best buy parking lot with lots of people. Never know when some bozo hates you because of some 3 year old report you wrote at "their" lake.

x2

Bring a friend while you're at it. Makes the waiting go faster too.

vanillagurilla
06-15-2011, 08:36 PM
i like to bring 2 friends, smith and wesson, lol jk only 1, sam colt :)

angelsfan951
06-15-2011, 11:39 PM

I agree to this as i was the one that had the problem with him. He told me it was new so i didnt bother cheking the reel, well to my surprise when i get home its broken! I txted him imidiatly and he said he would replace it. He was jus BSn and everyday i would text him or pm him he would have a diff excuse. Till this day today he neva replaced it. He is a person to wAtch out for

angelsfan951
06-15-2011, 11:42 PM
And yes i know its my fault for taking someones word but what really pissed me off is that he lied that he would replace it and neva did. NOT A MAN OF HIS WORD!! One last thing another guy had a problem with him heres a messege he wrote to me askng to see if i had any info on jiggaman

CritrGitr
jigga is a piece of work
Looks like you got problems with this guy too. i purchased two reels from him long distance (I'm in Oregon). He had a friend cash my check and has given me a ton of excuses for not sending my money back or the reels. I've been hunting him down on various sites - his phone # is 951-378-7257. Have you got any other contact information ?

smokehound
06-17-2011, 04:27 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100604231440/callofduty/images/4/48/Bump.gif

fishtales
06-17-2011, 06:31 PM
I felt this was a good idea, to put shady individuals on blast in a sticky-thread, so people who were stung before can keep an eye out for others.

I've seen this crap happen at arachnoboards, someone ran around ripping people off, made new screen-names, and this ONE person screwed a bunch of people!

I've never been ripped off here, because i've never bought anything here. I just felt this would help.

I've both bought and sold on this site. I have never had a problem. I've also bought and sold on Craigslist in state and out of state and have never had a problem.

I saw this post a couple of weeks ago when I was in a mad rush to go to the Sierras. I happened to see it again and this time to respond to it, especially since I have just posted an ad for my pontoon boat, I felt it was useful to give others on this board my experience.

I think we all know this sort of stuff happens 'cause it's one of the things the news media likes to harp on to get people scared. I'm not sure how restating this sort of thing is useful. I'm sure you won't like what I've said and sorry to offend your ego. However, for most of us who are honest, I think your statement hinders buyers and sellers who want to engage in a transaction that benefit each other.

GeordyBass
06-17-2011, 07:26 PM
This is pointless, starting up old drama... wow guys we're all grown up here, its stupid putting people on blast now.

cutbait
06-17-2011, 07:45 PM
I had a bad experience with a FNN transaction...

Was told that I was purchasing the top notch spotted bay bass, calico and sand bass "swimbaits".. been winning all sorts of these so called tourneys down in so cal..

Drove 2 hrs to some **** hole called sun valley or some ****.. ended up just being ******* gulp!

I voiced my opinion and displeasure with the kid, and he was clueless.

Member was geordybass...

What a tool!

GeordyBass
06-17-2011, 09:54 PM

Was told that I was purchasing the top notch spotted bay bass, calico and sand bass "swimbaits".. been winning all sorts of these so called tourneys down in so cal..

Drove 2 hrs to some **** hole called sun valley or some ****.. ended up just being ******* gulp!

Member was geordybass...

What a tool!
Hahahahahahhaahaha that works stinkbait!!!!

Liteweight
06-17-2011, 10:43 PM

Member was geordybass...

What a tool!

Was this before or after "StriperFest" last year? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
LW.

smokehound
06-17-2011, 10:53 PM
I've both bought and sold on this site. I have never had a problem. I've also bought and sold on Craigslist in state and out of state and have never had a problem.

I saw this post a couple of weeks ago when I was in a mad rush to go to the Sierras. I happened to see it again and this time to respond to it, especially since I have just posted an ad for my pontoon boat, I felt it was useful to give others on this board my experience.

I think we all know this sort of stuff happens 'cause it's one of the things the news media likes to harp on to get people scared. I'm not sure how restating this sort of thing is useful. I'm sure you won't like what I've said and sorry to offend your ego. However, for most of us who are honest, I think your statement hinders buyers and sellers who want to engage in a transaction that benefit each other. I like how you decided to randomly throw in the corporate media. At any rate, I seriously doubt this will put off transactions at ALL. I'm not sensationalizing this, I merely wish to help. Dont worry about hurting my ego, I'm using hax.

fish-o-haulic
06-18-2011, 08:37 PM
I like how you decided to randomly throw in the corporate media. At any rate, I seriously doubt this will put off transactions at ALL. I'm not sensationalizing this, I merely wish to help. Dont worry about hurting my ego, I'm using hax.

I think this is just helping make people aware of whats going on this site. It helps let people know who to trust and who not to. Because obviously if someone puts the name of a user on here when he/she tries to sell again more people are gonna be on there toes about that sell because they heard of this persons bad rep.

fishtales
06-22-2011, 09:37 PM
I like how you decided to randomly throw in the corporate media. At any rate, I seriously doubt this will put off transactions at ALL. I'm not sensationalizing this, I merely wish to help. Dont worry about hurting my ego, I'm using hax.

My mentioning the corporate media was not random. I was put off by your post especially since you were not talking about a specific person who burned you rather you made it a general statement which I interpreted as including everyone on internet boards such as this one.

In reading another post about Jiggaman and how he has apparently scammed some members on this board and other boards out of money, I am in agreement with you. I think a section ought to be assigned for people who are stealing from other members.

JohnMarino
06-30-2011, 01:22 AM
I got ripped off by a member named "captainwhitie" on westernbass classifieds. He might be selling here too.

Just thought I would put this out there for you fellow fisherman, no I am not anyone to talk any trash about anyone, I just thought I would let everyone know I got burned from this guy for $120 worth of baits and I gave him $360 total

I ordered 800 baits from him and let me tell you, he took forever to make them when he said they were going to be done ASAP. The first order I gave him $100 for $60 worth of baits and told him to keep the extra $40 as a deposit for my next order took him a month and a half or so later to make baits for me. When I met him there was a box full of baits and he said they may be a FEW baits missing and he said whatevers missing he will make them for me, So I got home and opened the box and seen there was over 310 baits missing! Some of the baits I got were poorly made.

He ignores all of my phone calls and text messages, he sends me BS text messages so im just letting everyone what kind of experience I had with this guy, BELIEVE ME took me a long time to even think about posting this about anyone but I hate for someone else to get burned and his baits aint all that great anyway not worth the money. Dont trust him Buyer BEWARE. And this was over 3 Months ago!!

smokehound
06-30-2011, 02:04 AM
I got ripped off by a member named "captainwhitie" on westernbass classifieds. He might be selling here too.

Just thought I would put this out there for you fellow fisherman, no I am not anyone to talk any trash about anyone, I just thought I would let everyone know I got burned from this guy for $120 worth of baits and I gave him $360 total

I ordered 800 baits from him and let me tell you, he took forever to make them when he said they were going to be done ASAP. The first order I gave him $100 for $60 worth of baits and told him to keep the extra $40 as a deposit for my next order took him a month and a half or so later to make baits for me. When I met him there was a box full of baits and he said they may be a FEW baits missing and he said whatevers missing he will make them for me, So I got home and opened the box and seen there was over 310 baits missing! Some of the baits I got were poorly made.

He ignores all of my phone calls and text messages, he sends me BS text messages so im just letting everyone what kind of experience I had with this guy, BELIEVE ME took me a long time to even think about posting this about anyone but I hate for someone else to get burned and his baits aint all that great anyway not worth the money. Dont trust him Buyer BEWARE. And this was over 3 Months ago!!This is exactly why I posted this thread. I cant believe there are some that cannot see the benefit of this? Now more people are warned. IMO, only a crooked person wouldnt like this thread. >=D

Cangler
06-30-2011, 02:28 PM
CD stole my Sasquatch

Wingnut steals my YFC

DS wants to steal my PB

DarkShadow
06-30-2011, 03:00 PM
CD stole my Sasquatch

Wingnut steals my YFC

DS wants to steal my PB

That jar of PowerBait™ that fell outta your tackle box at SARL?

Finders keepers.

And CityDad is still mad that I stole his bag of anchovies at the duct.

casting call
08-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Had one issue with a guy not showing up while I waited in the parking lot.
LASTCAST or something like that.

Don't take candy from strangers and don't forget your toothbrush either.
Tooth Fairy and Sandy Claws won't be happy.

Sticky this B*tch. Good thread.
Hold some accountability to these usernames.

Just to make it clear, the name mentioned above is NOT me! :)