PDA

View Full Version : 6/13 trip

hooks
06-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Hey Viners,
Thought I'd try to redeem myself after that slow night session on Friday. Arrived at 5 to find Ed all by himself. By 6 there were maybe 10 cars. The air was 59* and water was 67*. The water was like glass, I decided to troll. After several laps and no luck, the lead core gets hit. A fire tiger rap. gets a 3 pound bow. Soon after it gets hit again but I farm it about 8ft. behind the boat. I marked alot of big fish on the dam bouy line, about 35 ft. down. After another pass, I headed back up the creek to try for some cats. Way back up in there, it comes up to about 4 ft. and the skeg on my motor is hitting mud. I stopped and baited down for awhile. About 20 minutes in, the line is ripping out on a shrimp pole. I land a cat that was about 3 pounds (it felt alot a bigger). I got an 8 pound wiper on the same pole on Fri. nite on shrimp also. By now the sun is blazing down. At about 12, I decided to troll some more. I didn't get anymore bites as the water temp. jumped to 72*. Down by the dam, I seen a swirl in front of my boat. I jumped up on the front seat and just caught a glimpse of at trout was close to 3ft. long. :EyePop: This was the biggest trout I've seen in the lake this year. Of course it dropped down and went back behind the bouyline but it was right on the surface?. I also noticed large schools of what looked like fish fry in the area there.
Til' friday night,
tight lines....:Cool:

karalm
06-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Good post and info Hooks. Is way back up in the creek shallow a good spot for the kitties??
Never been back there as it looked too shallow but if they are there then I am game. Did you see any surface action on Bass or bait balls and crappie back on the flats??

hooks
06-13-2011, 09:03 PM
The magic man fishes even farther up the creek and has done it in a pontoon? There were a couple guys back there that were catching bass. The birds were feasting on the shad back there everywhere. I did see fry schools by the dam.