PDA

View Full Version : Heading to the sierras tomorrow (14th-16th)

Moedog
06-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Hello! I'm new to posting here but I check out these forums on a regular basis to catch up on the fishing! I will be heading to the Bishop area tomorrow with some high school buddies and if the bite's good I'll post back!

But I do have a quick question. The plan as of now is to tent it at the Intake II Walk in site, I was wondering if this is a smart move considering the elevation and time of year? Any idea on how cold we can expect the nights to be?!

Thanks! :Big Grin:

cpt_majestic
06-13-2011, 06:00 PM
hey i planned on tenting at 4 jefferys thurs,fri,and sat. The intake 2 site is kind of small so i always have trouble getting in, four jefferys is huge....if you goto parchers website they have a weather link to aspen dale i think it's going be in the mid 30's at night....if you see someone with a mastiff pup that will be me and rox.

Moedog
06-13-2011, 06:06 PM
awesome ill be on the look out! Are the sites themselves small? Or do you mean the amount of sites? i know it only includes 4 or 5 spots.

cpt_majestic
06-13-2011, 06:09 PM
ya i meant the amount of sites, i think it's only 10 or so....four jefferys has like a 100...Although going up on Tuesday you might be ok

Moedog
06-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Oh ok, the only thing that worries me is the night temp. A couple of my friends may not take kindly to the cold..

cpt_majestic
06-13-2011, 06:17 PM
explain to them thats what blankets are for...haha good luck

Which Way Out
06-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Snuggle up:Shocked::Wink:

Karyn
06-13-2011, 06:33 PM
I just got back from a great trip up to Bishop. We went to Intake II and did some fishing- caught out limit in about 3-4 hrs. Then we went back to the hotel (priceline $50 per night 2.5 star).

When we left the lake, at about 7:30pm, it was pleasant outside. Not tooo cold, but not warm. Once the sun goes down, it can get a little chilly. At about 7 or so, I put on a pair of sweats over my jeans and a wind breaker over my sweatshirt and I also wore a beanie. If we were going to stay longer, I might have put on two pairs of socks. It was warmer than Big Bear- that's for sure! I am usually cold; however, I had not complaints. I was able to warm up.

Intake II is a nice little lake. Everyone was catching on plastic worms (like Drew's worms) and yellow powerbait with salmon eggs. Also the Gulp big brown worms were a hot item with the fish. We caught a 23 incher and a 21 incher and the rest were small. I suggest you go to Walmart and pick them up; the local shops were all out of both the power bait and the worms. Oh! They were biting at the little dam area. A short little walk. OH! I caught the most beautiful brook trout. It was orange near the belly and the fins were a darker orange. Caught a brown, steel head, and the rest I think were rainbow.

Have fun! take a little drive up about 10 minutes to Lake Sabrina. The views are amazing!

Moedog
06-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the update! Sounds like Intake 2 should be a good choice to tent a few nights and show some of my friends who haven't been camping much how it's done! :Big Grin:

Karyn
06-13-2011, 06:57 PM
If your friends are wimps, have them get sleeping bags that are rated for cold. Also, tell them to put on a beanie and wear socks. They should be okay. If not, you will have a visitor sharing your sleeping bag!

Crawler
06-16-2011, 04:38 PM
If they get too cold make sure they have plenty of gasoline and just sleep in the truck with the heater on. :LOL: