PDA

View Full Version : S.W.A.T. Couple Encore Surf Session 6/12

Jaysuuun
06-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Tess and I had such a great time yesterday, we just had to get back out for another surf session. Got to the spot at 0500 and figured that it was just gonna be the both of us today since we decided last minute to take this trip. (Sorry to those that got the late pm notice.)

Conditions looked pretty good on arrival, minimal salad, calm surf, and no wind. We hit the first hole and after my 3rd cast I get HAMMERED. :Shocked: Sweet! I knew I had a good fish on. :Twisted:

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/Surf%20Fishing/June%2012%202011/DSC00433.jpg

Tess finally gets a visual of the fish and yells "LEGAL".

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/Surf%20Fishing/June%2012%202011/DSC00434.jpg

Being careful not to pop my LC loose, I finally work the big girl onto the sand and get a measurement. YESSS!! :Dancing Banana::High Five::Dancing Banana:

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/Surf%20Fishing/June%2012%202011/DSC00436.jpg

Being careful not to get stuck from excitement.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/Surf%20Fishing/June%2012%202011/DSC00437.jpg

A 27in BUTT AND MY NEW PB! :Big Smile:

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/Surf%20Fishing/June%2012%202011/DSC00438.jpg

Awesome first fish of the morning! We were both pumped! :Razz:
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/Surf%20Fishing/June%2012%202011/DSC00440.jpg

And of course following the S.W.A.T. code, always release your PB. :Cool:

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/Surf%20Fishing/June%2012%202011/DSC00441.jpg

After some "WOOO HOO's" and high fives, we get back to fishing. Tess hooks up almost immediately, but whatever it was gets farmed in the surf. :mad:

A few casts later and Tess is on with a major bendo. :Shocked: Here we go again, Tess is gonna top my catch. :Rolls Eyes:

We were thinking she had a monster butt, but it turned out to be a flattie of the wrong kind. Not the flattie we had in mind, but a new species for Tess. :Thumbs Up:

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/Surf%20Fishing/June%2012%202011/DSC00445.jpg

There was no way Tess was gonna get near this thing with tail and wings flapping everywhere. She said it looks like a baby alien. :LOL:
Oh c'mon, no kissy pic for the bat ray!? :ROFL:

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/Surf%20Fishing/June%2012%202011/DSC00446.jpg

Another few casts and Tess hooks up with a hard fighting YFC.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/Surf%20Fishing/June%2012%202011/DSC00448.jpg

We were having such a hot bite when the conditions started to change. :Neutral: Salad was starting to show up on every cast and the swells started to pick up. We continue to work the stretch looking for cleaner water and run into Ulua1 (Jason) and friend (sorry we didn't catch your name). It was nice seeing you out there again and hope you guys found some clean water to work.

Shortly after, I hook up with the last fish of the day.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/Surf%20Fishing/June%2012%202011/DSC00449.jpg

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/Surf%20Fishing/June%2012%202011/DSC00452.jpg

A short flattie. :Cool:

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/Surf%20Fishing/June%2012%202011/DSC00454.jpg

Oh, and a new species for me! :LOL:

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/Surf%20Fishing/June%2012%202011/DSC00455.jpg

We work our way back without a single bite and decide to call it a day. We expected the action to be a little more consistent after a hot grey light bite, but we're not complaining. We got what we came for...well, I got what I came for anyways. :Wink: :LOL:

Sorry honey, no outfishing the boys today. :Neener Neener: Your streak had to end sooner or later. :Twisted: :Dancing Banana:

Tight Lines
Jason

Tesserz
06-12-2011, 09:00 PM
I only have one thing to say to that... :Finger:

I WAS gonna congratulate you but forget it, it's on. :Twisted:

Wingnut
06-12-2011, 09:01 PM
So it was around 5:30am this morning...
I was snoring away and dreaming about a 40" Flattie when my wishful dream was interrupted by the loud incoming message notification from my Blackberry. :Tired:
I hit the view button and a picture of Jason holding his PB Hali with the biggest grin on his face pops up on the screen... :Shocked:
Now, Jason is a good looking guy, but seeing some dude's smiling face when I first wake up in the morming isn't my cup of tea. :LOL: Thanks for the wake up call buddy. :ROFL:
A pat on the back for your PB Flattie and an extra "atta boy" for the release. :Thumbs Up:
You do know the only reason you got that fish is because Tess "allowed" you to catch it right...? :Big Smile:
Chalk one up for da Boyz!!! :Dancing Banana:

You guys make me proud... period. :Cool:

Oh yeah, one more thing... Here's something to stimulate some more friendly competition between S.W.A.T. members. :Twisted:

I will give a DOZEN LC's to the S.W.A.T. member who catches the biggest Halibut out of the surf this year!

I'm actually in the lead with a 30" this year, but I don't qualify. :LOL: :Envious:

bones
06-12-2011, 09:14 PM
DAMN......Look at you two just barely out of boot camp. Representing the SWAT team with pride.
I'm starting to believe you are both special ops "Sleeper Cells" !!
Some code phrase has unleashed all of your killer instincts in the surf. :ROFL:

The first bendo pic kinda made me get a small anxiety rush for you Jason.....I know the feeling.
Great job on putting your PB on the sand.
Tess....What can I say......The batray thing really had me fooled too especially when mine jumped and I saw a flash of white belly for a sec.Catching them on the tip of the wing also produces a feeling of head shakes....Damn snot monsters.Why didn't you hold up your snotty catch ?
At least you didn't do what I did. I pulled my hand off my baitcaster for just a second to whistle at Arthur and when I put my hand back on my reel my finger went into the level wind while the batray was running....Pinched the crap out of my finger between the level wind and the reel body.....LOL
Still kinda sore today !

Great job you two representing the TEAM......SWAT style!

Looking forward to many more reports from you two........You have what it takes...simple as that!

PONTOON
06-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Jaysuuun,

Congratulations on your PB halibut!:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

Great report and I hope to see more from you two......As soon as you get out of the dog house ........:LOL:

Bait Fish
06-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Awesome Report. Congrats on the PB!

bones
06-12-2011, 09:16 PM

OH BOY.....This is going to be fun to see!

sidified
06-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Great report and another example why greylight can make all the difference in how the day plays out...cudos to you both!
Cheers,
Sid

Newfishsmell
06-12-2011, 10:33 PM
From the bay to the surf , you two keep catchin'em ... wtg

Wingnut
06-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Frank got a 30" but he well......wasn't officially a SWAT member until after that. So who IS in the lead if you don't qualify?How big was Mikey's up north?
Doesn't mater....I'm glad you didn't say legal count. I just want to know exactly what the number is! Your good at the research....it makes my brain hurt....LOL

Mike, Frank caught his 30" on the last day of December 2010. Mikey caught his 30" in October 2010. Both were caught last year... :Wink:

bones
06-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Mike, Frank caught his 30" on the last day of December 2010. Mikey caught his 30" in October 2010. Both were caught last year... :Wink:

Duhhh....That's why I deleted my question...my sometimerrrs kicked in with NYquil.....Go to bed damit and stop stalking :ROFL:

I'm still pullin for Mikey since those fools stole his stuff!

Tesserz
06-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Oh yeah, one more thing... Here's something to stimulate some more friendly competition between S.W.A.T. members. :Twisted:

I will give a DOZEN LC's to the S.W.A.T. member who catches the biggest Halibut out of the surf this year!

I'm actually in the lead with a 30" this year, but I don't qualify. :LOL: :Envious:

WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Tess....What can I say......The batray thing really had me fooled too especially when mine jumped and I saw a flash of white belly for a sec.Catching them on the tip of the wing also produces a feeling of head shakes....Damn snot monsters.Why didn't you hold up your snotty catch ?
At least you didn't do what I did. I pulled my hand off my baitcaster for just a second to whistle at Arthur and when I put my hand back on my reel my finger went into the level wind while the batray was running....Pinched the crap out of my finger between the level wind and the reel body.....LOL
Still kinda sore today !

Looking forward to many more reports from you two........You have what it takes...simple as that!
No thanks to touching a "snotty catch". :LOL: Ouch ouch, I didn't know you pinched your finger in your reel. :Sad: As much as I want to learn how to use a baitcaster, they kinda intimidate me... and that happening to your finger just adds to my intimidation. :Confused:

Can't wait to get back out on the sand... esp. after this report. :Wink: We'll be out there next chance we get. :Cool:

Wingnut
06-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Duhhh....That's why I deleted my question...my sometimerrrs kicked in with NYquil.....Go to bed damit and stop stalking :ROFL:

I'm still pullin for Mikey since those fools stole his stuff!

I think this is the current stats for the S.W.A.T. Hali leaderboard... pending verifications. :Wink:
I will keep a running list.

Wingnut = 30" (not qualified) :Envious:
Sidified = 28"
Murrieta Angler = 28"
Jason = 27"

DockRat
06-13-2011, 06:47 AM

:Applause:

Oh Yah, Congrats Jason :Rolls Eyes:
DR

ryryk
06-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Congrats Jay! Nice fish.
I need to get down in that area and throw some hardbaits. I'm in this weird funk, id rather catch fish, than get frustrated throwing the LC. I still have all summer though I guess

Thanks for the on going motivation SWAT and SWAT couple!

smokehound
06-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Congrats on the bean clam! LMFAO

man nice halis left and right.. i gotta get out there ASAP!

Which Way Out
06-13-2011, 08:53 AM
I don't think I would want to wake anyone up that early, but with a catch like how could you not. Besides I am surprised he wasn't out there himself.

Congrats on your successful outing the both of you.:Thumbs Up:

The game is on now. With the Throw down by Arthur, this means take no prisoners ! The surf is gonna be abuzz with SWAT members all summer long.:Wink:

blackwater
06-13-2011, 03:37 PM

Awwww man... now only if I get to fish, haven't hit the surf once this year. :Sad:
Who will be the first to knock Wingnut off his 30" Hali leaderboard?!? :Twisted:
Nice job Jason, redeeming yourself for the boys! :LOL:

BabyKiller
06-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Great going Jaysuuun. You have a fire in your belly that can only be quenched by legal sized halibuts. That dandy 27" fish is awesome!

Ulua1
06-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Congrats on the legal and the new PB Jaysuun! Nice seeing you an d Tess out there!

Conditions were pretty bad out there but you guys did awesome! Started to clean up a little later on the dowward tide, finally got a chance to throw the LC w/out hooking salad.

FishinLBC
06-13-2011, 10:27 PM

I'm actually in the lead with a 30" this year, but I don't qualify. :LOL: :Envious:[/QUOTE]

my biggest this year is a 32" :Wink: too bad im nat a swat guy i guess i will have to start driving up there lol. nice fish

What size rod and action do u prefer for surf?

iLLest
06-14-2011, 12:56 AM
Jason, good stuff bro, way to show Tess who's boss. :Cool::Envious:
Nice PB hali, I bet you were stocked. I couldnt believe my eyes when I caught my PB. I was more shocked and quiet than excited because I couldnt believe it. :LOL:

ahhh crap, thats right, I caught my 30" on the LAST day of 2010. lol that would definitely be my luck. :Crying: This friendly competition should be fun, we have some pretty high numbers up on the board as it is, time to get to work. Im going to have to go see if my buddy is still by that boiler :Secret:

Jaysuuun
06-14-2011, 01:21 AM

Uh oh, someone's been drinkin some Haterade. :Food: :ROFL:

So it was around 5:30am this morning...
I was snoring away and dreaming about a 40" Flattie when my wishful dream was interrupted by the loud incoming message notification from my Blackberry. :Tired:
I hit the view button and a picture of Jason holding his PB Hali with the biggest grin on his face pops up on the screen... :Shocked:
Now, Jason is a good looking guy, but seeing some dude's smiling face when I first wake up in the morming isn't my cup of tea. :LOL: Thanks for the wake up call buddy. :ROFL:
A pat on the back for your PB Flattie and an extra "atta boy" for the release. :Thumbs Up:
You do know the only reason you got that fish is because Tess "allowed" you to catch it right...? :Big Smile:
Chalk one up for da Boyz!!! :Dancing Banana:

You guys make me proud... period. :Cool:

Sorry dude, I completely lost sense of everything after landing that PB. :Envious: I'll be a little more mindful the next time I get a too excited out there. :LOL:

Let the games begin! :Twisted: Will you be putting up your "Deadly Dozen" LC's as the winning prize? What are the rules? LC's only?

Looks like someone would have to land a 30"+ to seal the deal. Arthur, if I happen to break the 30" mark expect another wakeup message notification. :LOL:

DAMN......Look at you two just barely out of boot camp. Representing the SWAT team with pride.
I'm starting to believe you are both special ops "Sleeper Cells" !!
Some code phrase has unleashed all of your killer instincts in the surf. :ROFL:

The first bendo pic kinda made me get a small anxiety rush for you Jason.....I know the feeling.
Great job on putting your PB on the sand.
Still kinda sore today !

Mike, sorry to hear about the thumb. That must have sucked. It's almost impossible to stop a batray when it decides to run. :Neutral:

I would have to say our epic day with Robert released our killer surf fishing instincts. Since then we've been at it ever since. It showed just how deadly the LC can be at the right time and place. :Twisted:

We're glad we can represent the team in SWAT fashion and hope to put up more reports soon, especially with this little competition that Arthur has put together. The SWAT crew is gonna all up and down the coastline this year. :Twisted:

Jaysuuun,

Congratulations on your PB halibut!:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

Great report and I hope to see more from you two......As soon as you get out of the dog house ........:LOL:

Thanks PONTOON. I just have to let her outfish me again and I'll be out of the dog house. :LOL:

Awesome Report. Congrats on the PB!

Thanks Bait Fish.

Great report and another example why greylight can make all the difference in how the day plays out...cudos to you both!
Cheers,
Sid

Thanks Sid. You're right about the greylight. I kinda felt there was at least one more legal to be caught if we got there maybe just a half hour earlier.

From the bay to the surf , you two keep catchin'em ... wtg

LOL the spotties will always have a place in our hearts, but this surf fishing is starting to get really addicting. We caught 3 legal flatties within 2.5 years of fishing the harbor. Tess and I have already racked up 4 legals this year with 2 of them being PB's and the year is still young. :Twisted:

:Applause:

Oh Yah, Congrats Jason :Rolls Eyes:
DR

LOL thanks DR. If I catch a bean on the LC will you cheer for me then? :Cool:

Congrats Jay! Nice fish.
I need to get down in that area and throw some hardbaits. I'm in this weird funk, id rather catch fish, than get frustrated throwing the LC. I still have all summer though I guess

Thanks for the on going motivation SWAT and SWAT couple!

Thanks Ryan. You'll have a change of heart when you catch your first fish on the LC. Stay persistent and you'll be rewarded. :Cool:

Congrats on the bean clam! LMFAO

man nice halis left and right.. i gotta get out there ASAP!

LOL Thanks. Tess actually had one too, but it fell off before she could snap a pic.

I don't think I would want to wake anyone up that early, but with a catch like how could you not. Besides I am surprised he wasn't out there himself.

Congrats on your successful outing the both of you.:Thumbs Up:

The game is on now. With the Throw down by Arthur, this means take no prisoners ! The surf is gonna be abuzz with SWAT members all summer long.:Wink:

Thanks Which Way. I was too fricken excited when I sent that message out. Wasn't thinking. :LOL:

This is gonna be a fun little competition and I can't wait to see who ends up with the biggest butt. Hope to see you out there. :Cool:

Awwww man... now only if I get to fish, haven't hit the surf once this year. :Sad:
Who will be the first to knock Wingnut off his 30" Hali leaderboard?!? :Twisted:
Nice job Jason, redeeming yourself for the boys! :LOL:

blackwater, if you can get out there at least once before the year ends that may be all you need to top the leaderboard. Looking forward to fishing with you sometime.

Great going Jaysuuun. You have a fire in your belly that can only be quenched by legal sized halibuts. That dandy 27" fish is awesome!

Thanks BabyKiller. I'm hoping my next PB will come soon. :Twisted: Looking forward to more surf reports from you.

Congrats on the legal and the new PB Jaysuun! Nice seeing you an d Tess out there!

Conditions were pretty bad out there but you guys did awesome! Started to clean up a little later on the dowward tide, finally got a chance to throw the LC w/out hooking salad.

Jason, nice seeing you out there again. We also noticed the water starting to clear up when the tide was going out, but by then we were already at the end of our stretch. Salad sucks! :mad: Glad to see that you guys were able pick off some fish. Nice going.

DockRat
06-14-2011, 07:21 AM
LOL thanks DR. If I catch a bean on the LC will you cheer for me then? :Cool:

NO !

Maybe, we will see.
DR

murrieta angler
06-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Jason,
When I saw the text it put a huge smile on my face...:Big Grin:
You two are tearing it up out there, keep it up and those 30"s will come sure enough...:Wink:
Tess, if you keep waisting all that energy on those two fingers (:Finger:), how will you be able to cast your LC...:ROFL:
Take Care You Two,
Robert
<><

bsp
06-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Jason,
How great is that to stick a legal flattie (and your new PB!) only a few minutes into your session! Congrats! You and Tess have been on a roll lately knocking down PBs left and right in the surf. This year has been a good one for SWAT, and the fishing should only keep improving. I appreciated the PM, but already had plans for the day. Otherwise I would have been down there with you guys. Next time I'll try to get out.

Tess,
Nice croaker and congrats on the new species! Rays will trick you into thinking you've got a monster flatty fairly often, and it's pretty annoying to see your 30in+ halibut turn into one. Your new halibut PB is just around the corner though, and with Arthur's contest I'm sure it will be a contender!

Tight lines,

Marc

Wingnut
06-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Sorry dude, I completely lost sense of everything after landing that PB. :Envious: I'll be a little more mindful the next time I get a too excited out there. :LOL:

Let the games begin! :Twisted: Will you be putting up your "Deadly Dozen" LC's as the winning prize? What are the rules? LC's only?

Looks like someone would have to land a 30"+ to seal the deal. Arthur, if I happen to break the 30" mark expect another wakeup message notification. :LOL:

You can text me at anytime of the day or night for a PB Jason. :Big Grin:

Maybe I'll throw in a couple of the WN custom "Weapons of Mass Destruction" models with the dozen as a bonus. :Twisted:

As for the rules, "any" artificials only! :Cool:

Good luck TEAM!

BabyKiller
06-14-2011, 07:05 PM
oh man, you swat guys are hardcore. a dozen lc? i can see it now. custom airbrushed jdm tackle. the quest for the $100 jerkbait!

klocked
06-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Well done Jason!! who's in the dog house!!! doodoo doo doo doodoo!!
I can hear Tess sayin' "Oh no, :Evil:you:Twisted: didn't just do that!"
What's up Corbina whisperer! Nice job on your fishies too!:Cool:

saltman
06-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Jaysuun, Congrats on your PB Hallibut look like you two are hook on hunting for the big halibuts to nice job.
Did I here right from arthur dozon LC lures, count me in..

Saltman...

jerryG
06-15-2011, 12:37 AM
Great idea to do a follow up trip. No suspects left behind..LOL. Jason busts a high profile suspect to start things off.. Well done. Keep up the good work out there.

JerryG

HESBROS
06-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Wow Tess and Jason. Very nice PB Jason and you too Tess! Nice couple days of fishing for you both. So how am I going to convert all of you back to the boat fishing? You can be a S.W.A.B? Salt Water Attack Boat? Lemme know when you want a ride!

Eddie

Tesserz
06-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Wow Tess and Jason. Very nice PB Jason and you too Tess! Nice couple days of fishing for you both. So how am I going to convert all of you back to the boat fishing? You can be a S.W.A.B? Salt Water Attack Boat? Lemme know when you want a ride!

Eddie

S.W.A.B.!!! :ROFL: :ROFL: Too funny!!!! :Razz:

We miss you, Eddie! Ya, we haven't been to the harbor in a while... been hooked on the surf. But we definitely want to check out your new boat sometime... maybe you and Jason can set something up. Oh and let us know when and where you're weighing in on Sunday and we'll try to meet up with you guys. :Cool: