PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 6-11-2011 BLUEGILL!!!!

fish4anything
06-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Got to the lake around 9AM today. Setup for some striper action but nada. I did farm a nice catfish but I was using 4lb test so you know how that went ;) Around 4PM, the sun was starting to move so I figure it's a good time to try for some gills. Setup my bobber, No. 10 hook, and a mealworm and WFO!! Went through all 40 of my mealworms. I lost some nice gills. Those suckers broke off so many times! Well, here's some pics. Take care.

F4A

SDDave
06-12-2011, 08:35 PM
thanks for the 411, sounds like you had fun, Pyramid has been the place to fish as of late, notice you got a trout, we've been catching lots of trout while bass fishing, those trout are crazy, there'll hit anything...

fish4anything
06-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Dave, you're absolutely right about the trout! He hit my mealworm!! I was surprised that it was that close to shore in June!!!!! It put up a good fight, as almost all of them do. Thanks!!

Hooked Up
06-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Lucky for the Gills you ran out of bait! LOL Nice rebound from zero to as many as you want! Fun! Fun!

M@M
06-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Gotta love those Panfish!! Tasty way to end the day!

fish4anything
06-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Gotta love those Panfish!! Tasty way to end the day!
This Friday!! Fsih-fry with fried oysters and tatertots!!!

Lucky for the Gills you ran out of bait! LOL Nice rebound from zero to as many as you want! Fun! Fun!

Thanks! I had redworms but the gills weren't interested at all!!

TheAsianGuy
06-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Very nice! Never just have one type of worm in your arsenal. Always carry two or more types of live baits. Crickets-mealworms. Mealworms-redworms. Redworms-nightcrawlers. Or combination. They are freaking picky eaters. They may eat one type like mad in one hour, they then switch to a different type of bait another hour.

acquadigio626
06-15-2011, 09:43 PM
goood job curt...this is marcus...

i see you braggin ;)

Hitts0n
06-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh yeah ! Just like a ninja..thanks for the invite? Naw lol...I work mon-fri anyways!
I'll be up there this sunday coming up for revenge on mr stripey! Oh yeah the cats are still around..
You gotta love Pyramid.Most of the fish hang by the rocks.I cought a trout on a chovie...smh
Congrats !!

fish4anything
06-16-2011, 10:00 AM
goood job curt...this is marcus...

i see you braggin ;)

Thanks, foo!

fish4anything
06-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Oh yeah ! Just like a ninja..thanks for the invite? Naw lol...I work mon-fri anyways!
I'll be up there this sunday coming up for revenge on mr stripey! Oh yeah the cats are still around..
You gotta love Pyramid.Most of the fish hang by the rocks.I cought a trout on a chovie...smh
Congrats !!

I'm thinking about Piru this Sunday. Yeah, I'll hit you up after I get back from Vegas.