PDA

View Full Version : 6/7 and 6/8

Ulua1
06-12-2011, 06:51 PM
6/11 Saturday
Got to the surf at around 6:30 (late start, forgot the camera, oh well need to fish). Luckily I already had the LC tied up so I could just head straight in at least 1 thing went right now to make things happen.
Worked my way down a bit and ran into Klocked (john) and said hi, talked for a short while about how much salad there was then proceeded working my way down, I ran into wingnut a little ways down, said hi and chatted for a bit. Showed me a huge Corbina that Tess caught a bit earlier that morning. Man that thing was huge. Proceeded on and a few cast later, Short Hali. Luckily Wingnut got a pic and posted up in the
"The First SWAT Couple Hits the Surf! 6/11" thread.

Thanks Wingnut!

I worked my way down a bit said hi to Jason, Tess, and Bones and said congrats to Tess for that Monster Corbina.
Worked my way down a bit further and got another short, really short probably 10 inches. worked it for another hour and that was it.

6/12 Sunday
This time Camera in hand and out the door by 4am. Met up w/ my buddy Eric and headed to the surf. Worked it for a bit for nadda. Seen Tess and Jason out again this morning, stopped by and talked for a bit. Found out Jason Got a Leagal! Nice! Congrats Jason!

Proceeded on but the Salad was alot thicker today, No bites yet for me and my buddy but its only been about 45 mins to an hour and a legal came up so theres hope yet.

Next couple hours nothing but salad and on every cast, started getting a mental block and took a break. Noticed the sand crabs were a bit bigger than last time. Found some 8lb flouro in my bag and tied up a carolina rig. After having fun with some perch for about an hour I get tapped, I think to myself, another perch, yeah gotta be, I set the hook and he takes off, what do ya know, Corbina, Nice.

After the stick, pic and release of the Corbina, I feel a bit more energized, I realize w/ the downward tide the salad cleaned up a bit, I switch to the LC and its back to work, about 15 casts later, I am awarded w/ a short 19inch hali, shot a pic and sent him back on his way.

Started to get hungry and called it a day. It was a long day and yes I know the dates in my thread title are incorrect, the dates in the post are correct.

JapanRon
06-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Hi Ulua1,

Nice job .... all those other guys on the beach must put some major pressure on a given stretch !! I sure as heck wouldn't want to follow behind them !!

JapanRon

Wingnut
06-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Good seeing you out there Jason, I still haven't crack a legal at that location yet. :Neutral:
9 short Flatties in 2 sessions... I'm about due. :Wink:
I'm sure I'll see you & Eric back out there again soon. :Cool:

bones
06-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Hey Jason......Sorry for not being very social yesterday since I was caught up in fever,chills,sore throat and a pinched finger. Pretty much was having a rough one but it was good to see you beach a flattie right in the spot where I just hammered it with 100 casts....LOL
Very nice multi species report!
Looking forward to more from you.

Which Way Out
06-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks for posting and sharing the weekends events. I only wish I had stayed home this weekend and fished. Looks like everyone did well.
Looking forward to reading more reports all summer long.

Ulua1
06-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Hi Ulua1,

Nice job .... all those other guys on the beach must put some major pressure on a given stretch !! I sure as heck wouldn't want to follow behind them !!

JapanRon
Thanks Japan Ron! Yeah those guys definitely hit it hard.

Good seeing you out there Jason, I still haven't crack a legal at that location yet. :Neutral:
9 short Flatties in 2 sessions... I'm about due. :Wink:
I'm sure I'll see you & Eric back out there again soon. :Cool:

Always a pleasure seeing you guys out there Arthur. You'll get him soon, I wouldn't be surprised if he came up on your next trip out there, so many shorts comming up there, there's gotta be more legals to be had.

I'm sure we'll see each other again soon in the surf! Thanks again for the pic on Saturday!

Hey Jason......Sorry for not being very social yesterday since I was caught up in fever,chills,sore throat and a pinched finger. Pretty much was having a rough one but it was good to see you beach a flattie right in the spot where I just hammered it with 100 casts....LOL
Very nice multi species report!
Looking forward to more from you.

Thanks Mike and no problem! Man you definitely roughed it out that day, symptoms like that I probably would have been home in bed but then again, great to get out and get some fresh air, not to mention, thinking that fish are there waiting to be caught, oh boy, makes me want to head out right now.

Thanks for posting and sharing the weekends events. I only wish I had stayed home this weekend and fished. Looks like everyone did well.
Looking forward to reading more reports all summer long.

Thanks Wich Way Out! Definitely more reports to come!

Jaysuuun
06-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Ulua, it's good to see that you guys found some fish. We also noticed the cleaner water on the outgoing tide. Hope to see you out there again soon.

Ulua1
06-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Thx Jaysuun, we'll definitely be out there, getting some new LCs this week and looking to try them out, my last one that I'm currently on is thrashed. Still works though

klocked
06-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Good job on the fish Jason, we'll see you out there again soon!

DockRat
06-15-2011, 07:02 AM
Cool, That Beans Central Spot really produces.
Thanks for the report.
DR

Ulua1
06-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Good job on the fish Jason, we'll see you out there again soon!

Thanks John! Just got some new LCs in, We'll be out there again this weekend! We'll see you guys on there again soon!

Cool, That Beans Central Spot really produces.
Thanks for the report.
DR

Thanks DR! The Spots been Phenomenal! Hoping it lasts though, too many skunks ealier on this year for me.