PDA

View Full Version : Barracuda Fishing 6/10/11

Newfishsmell
06-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Short report here guys.

Fished aboard the Enterprise Fri. 6/10 for some fast action on the Barracuda.
From the very first stop until around noon , the Barries kept coming over the
rail .... THUD , THUMP ! as they hit the deck .

The jigs were flying ! and after i bagged about 4 on the iron i decided to give the
plastics a try .......... yes the plastics JR ... lol

Had my set up all ready - penn 955 mounted on a GF 800xl w/15lb mono. Tied
on a 6in black & white blam with a 3/4 ounce lead head. And 1st cast, fish on ... YEAH !
After the Deckie gaffed it , i take out the hook, check my line and cast again ... BAM ! FISH ON :Big Grin:.

Cuda tore up my bait and line, so i had to re-tie. Soon after i get a major birds nest
and had to retire the 955 for the day, so back to the iron.

All in all it was a great trip for everybody on board.
Until next time , good luck to all !

Cuda on the Blam .

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/everycast/Cudas/CudaontheBlam.jpg

JapanRon
06-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Hi newfishsmell,

Atta Boy !!! Those Black back and pearl-silver belly blams are a killer !! Ouch .. I wasted a couple of 6-inchers on the cuda too !! Next time, down-size to a 4-1/2 inch and you'll not get some many tail bite-offs or tore up as much or shortbites !!

I'm proud of ya buddy !! With the 30lb test braid like I use .... I can throw a 3/4 or 1 ounce leadhead just as far as most folks can toss a jig when I use my custom 9' Bass rod so ..... no excuse to not throw the rubber guys !!! Sure you can do the same or maybe even better than when throwing the small surface jigs huh !!

Get short-bit a lot ? I sure did and got my pants pulled down nearly every cast if I didn't hook up !! Another question ...... any doggie problems ?

Thanks ..... great report !!

JapanRon

Newfishsmell
06-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi newfishsmell,

Atta Boy !!! Those Black back and pearl-silver belly blams are a killer !! Ouch .. I wasted a couple of 6-inchers on the cuda too !! Next time, down-size to a 4-1/2 inch and you'll not get some many tail bite-offs or tore up as much or shortbites !!

I'm proud of ya buddy !! With the 30lb test braid like I use .... I can throw a 3/4 or 1 ounce leadhead just as far as most folks can toss a jig when I use my custom 9' Bass rod so ..... no excuse to not throw the rubber guys !!! Sure you can do the same or maybe even better than when throwing the small surface jigs huh !!

Get short-bit a lot ? I sure did and got my pants pulled down nearly every cast if I didn't hook up !! Another question ...... any doggie problems ?

Thanks ..... great report !!

JapanRon

Hi Ron , and thanks !

The Sea Lions did come around but not to bad. I did miss quite a few , one minute
fish on , the next GONE ! ... lol

No probs casting the blam on the 3/4 ounce lead head , and the 4/0 hook stuck'em good ! I didn't get to fish the plastics as long as i wanted - due to a very Professional Overrun ... lol

Barries on the plastic , i like it.