PDA

View Full Version : Dana Pt. 6-11-11, afternoon incoming high tide Float Tube

abovi001
06-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Check the accuracy of my new nixon superhero tide watch yesterday afternoon to fish the high tide ...

arrived around 4pm to some lively water seal and birds crashing all over. launched from the gas dock jetty and kicked around draggin some plastics for awhile... few hits and one small spotty...

switched it up with a nice scoop of some of the best chovies of the year from the bait barge... lively and perfect size... didn't wanna mess with scrap fish around the barge as i had one goal in mind a legal hali'

one wide lap of the barge for a short grab, then i feel the whack of the right kind... let her run for a few seconds click in gear and its on.. nice fight with some screaming runs on my 10lb test daiwa... after getting her to the boat twice and getting a tail soaking i finally get it in the tube... jaws snapping and all ... measured on the lap ruler at 24 and 1/2'' ...

kicked over to the railing in front of wind and sea and put on a show for the people eating and walking for about an hour slow kicking back and forth.. = 4 more short hali, 2 calico, 5 spotted bay bass, and a mystery fish on for about 30 seconds screaming drag and brought up a chovie with only the head left bit clean off...

thinkin ill be out there again next saturday on the incoming tide if anyones interested. I know harbor pretty well

murrieta angler
06-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Nice job out there.
Don't see too many Dana Harbor reports.
Thanks,
Robert
<><

Ulua1
06-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Congrats on hitting your goal on the legal. Man sounded like a great outing!

JapanRon
06-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi abovi001,

Congrats on the legal. Showing off huh ! Why not !!

JapanRon

Jaysuuun
06-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Nice work tubing Dana. Been wanting one of those tide watches. Are they pretty accurate?