PDA

View Full Version : Balboa Beach

Richard72
06-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Going to Balboa tomorrow with the family so I figure since I'll be there I might as well do some fishing. I've been there many of times but never have fished there. We always set up by the walkway that leads up to the rocks. I'm looking for some info on what to expect and what kind of set up to use. I figure I will take out the bass poles with 8 & 10lb line. Any info would really help. :Big Grin:
Thanks Richard

smokehound
06-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Going to Balboa tomorrow with the family so I figure since I'll be there I might as well do some fishing. I've been there many of times but never have fished there. We always set up by the walkway that leads up to the rocks. I'm looking for some info on what to expect and what kind of set up to use. I figure I will take out the bass poles with 8 & 10lb line. Any info would really help. :Big Grin:
Thanks RichardIm guessing by "walkway that leads up to the rocks" you mean by the wedge? In that case, you shouldnt fish there, as it's considered "Jetty view Park" and fishing is not allowed there.

If I can remember correctly (someone correct me if I'm wrong), You must pass the shoreline of the beach to the right until the water is on BOTH sides of you. Are you going to toss lures? Bait-n-wait?

Fish Dog
06-14-2011, 09:23 PM
West jetty view park is no fishing but that only includes the area with grass adjacent to it. As soon as you pass the end of the grass you can fish. There's signs posted. You do need a license to fish there until you get out on the jetty and that might be what you're thinking about for the water on both sides. Its not a jetty until you have water on both sides.

Richard72
06-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks Guys and my dumb *****$ got Balboa & Corona Del Mar mixed up lol. Anyways we fished the pier and only got a couple of super small macks. Oh well good family day at the beach anyways.