PDA

View Full Version : hitting silverwood tomorrow morning.

kingfish2
06-11-2011, 06:43 PM
im hitting the wood tomorrow morning. throwing lures from shore. hopeing to catch a bass of some sort. any tips would be great. ill post an update tomorrow when i get back.

TheAsianGuy
06-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Haven't hit Silverwood in a while..especially offshore. Depending on what kind of cash you have on hand for float lures, but Rapala X-Rap blue-green-gold with slow sink is always perfect. Otherwise, rubber crawdad with Berkeley attractant works well. I saw a few frogs and minnow rubber bait works well. Other than that, shads in the bag from the local bait shop. Works wonder. Nightcrawlers and crickets during morning hours with a float is a 70/30 chance. Good hit on the nightcrawlers, but they can be pretty smart in picking of the worms off the hooks.

Seal may have some good tricks up his sleeves. Spill it man! This is your area!

kingfish2
06-11-2011, 07:12 PM
thanks for the info. running low on cash and i dont have the rapala x rap in my arsenal, but up a couple crank baits yesterday a squarebill and a rattle trap., maybe i should have posted for help before i went and bought the lures. ha has anyone heard of any topwater action early?

TheAsianGuy
06-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Make sure it's really early. I think the park opens at 6am. I used to park near the outskirt of the lake along the Mesa campsite, walked in (15 minutes), fished roughly around 4:45am to 9am to the point where the action was dead, moved my car from the outside to the parking lot inside, and kept on moving along the shore line until the day ran dark. But, that may not be the case for parking any more since it may have gotten stricter. Once again, wait until Seal gives you some clues to where to park for ultra early topwater action without getting into trouble. Don't want you to get a $48 parking ticket.

kingfish2
06-11-2011, 07:41 PM
i was thinking about going out to the damn and parking there it doesnt close. theres also a viewing area ive been too and hiked down before. i dont need any tickets so if there ticketing there let me know. i wanna be casting before the sun comes up so hopefully thats early enough.

M@M
06-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Dam is open 24/7 use the parking lot.

kingfish2
06-12-2011, 05:37 PM
well i couldnt find a person to fish with so i slept in. maybe next week ill get someone to go and i can post a report. sorry guys. i may hit up the duct during the week after work and see if i can get exremly lucky.

M@M
06-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Good luck at the Duct. I might get out there a couple times this week also. Maybe I'll see you there.

seal
06-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Topwater is still a ways off up here, you might get an occasional but the striper group boils will be a little later I think due to cooler water temp.

The fry are getting pretty thick in the shallows in places, this should turn on the reacation bite so the Rattletraps and cranks should start getting good if you can keep it out of the inevitable weedbeds that are starting up.

Another month should really see the stripers spreading out and getting more active on the surface, I hope.