PDA

View Full Version : Perris 6/11 Pretty good fishing

TheAsianGuy
06-11-2011, 04:39 PM
can't believe how many people were out there so early in the morning. I hit the water at 6:45am, Bernasconi Rd ramp, and headed towards the dam. Three boats were already in the water, and the sonar were in full blast. Schools and schools of bluegills or redears reported swimming back and forth along the stretch.

The day was overcasted until 11am. Major game for everyone due to the nice shade. Water temp was 55 at 6am (and my captain retreated into my body in my shorts), then got a lot warmer around 10am..around 62 degrees about 2 feet deep. When the sun hit the surface, the temperature raised up to a nice comfy 74.

Between 6:15am (report by the anglers on boat) to 8:45am, bluegills were hit the lines like sharks on a dead whale. No red ear report in. One or two 12 inch basses or shorter was reported in by boaters and yakers.

12:52pm, a family of hispanics landed a 10in and a 19in bass. Surprise surpise, they kept the 10in as well. I wanted to get the photo, but they already hauled butts back to their vehicles.

Tested my rig for the oars on the tube. Work very nicely. Not as fast as pontoons or the yakers due to the drags from the u-boat design and the legs in the water. However, it did add a substantial amount of propulsion for me to get from point A to point B in 1/3 of the time it takes me to use my fins. A few slight modification will increase the power delivery even more by pushing the oars forward a bit.

Anchor was a freaking blessing today. Tons of boats creating hell of waves, and the wind didn't help either. 3.5lbs anchor down, and I was like a buoy anchored in the water.

Pretty good day today. Landed 18 gills. Let the small and the eggs loaded ones go. Held onto the remaining 7. The missus love my fresh fish tacos I made just an hour ago..

Ifishtoolittle
06-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Nice work on the Gills, sucks about the poaching, and mmmm fish tacos!!!!

fishmounter
06-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Good catch Leo, but where's the pics? Was there any size to your fish?

The Lone Fisherman
06-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Were you the tuber I spoke to at rock climbers cove? I was on the sand colored kayak.

Sublime-Steve
06-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Nice report.. sad to hear about the bass.. and im sure that happens everyday which is why I practice CPR on all bass even if it is of the right size. If you wanna eat a large mouth go to ranch 99 and buy 1 im sure there a lot better for you 2

TheAsianGuy
06-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Here are the photos. Was busy with the family trying to get lunch and dinner going. Daddy did the cooking after the entire morning spent fishing. I guess that's my payback? :Rolls Eyes: Gill after gill..larger ones measure between 9 to 12 inches. Average about 1/2 to 3/4 lb.

TheAsianGuy
06-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Were you the tuber I spoke to at rock climbers cove? I was on the sand colored kayak.

Ah! So it was you. Good to see you there. You missed out on the major action after you left the input feed of the aqueduct near the dam. Major bass and gills popping everywhere.

fishmounter
06-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Nice photos. Man do you have enough stuff on your float tube? Where's your fish finder? Looks like you caught some nice male BGs. I think out of the 35 plus fish I caught, I had only a couple male BGs. Most of my fish were REs. But those REs can sure pull out the drag when they take off!

TheAsianGuy
06-11-2011, 10:29 PM
That tube is in the process of getting a nice Humminbird FishFinder 728. Still waiting on the pontoon to come in first before investing in the FishFinder. I know..I know..a bit backward, but hey..too much gear can land me in the bottom of the lake.

Among the fishes, I have a female. Didn't know she was carrying eggs until I ripped her open A small little sack the size of my pinky. If I would have known, I would have released her.