PDA

View Full Version : More Isabella Crappie friday 6-10

Fishin Magician
06-11-2011, 02:50 PM
With the bite really going off at the cages, and the weekend crowds on the way, I loaded up the family and made another quick morning trip. Pulled up and took my spot with all the other boats and float tubes. had a great 3 hours with the kids and wife. We caught probably 40 between us. 80% keeper 1 pound fish. Kept 13 good ones for dinner letting the others go to continue their spawn. All fish were caught on the jig with white being the best color. Crappie nibbles were added just for good measure. The strait jig and jig bobber combo both worked equally well. All other boats and tubers were doing just as good. With the continued warm weather i would expect the shore bite to be picking up any day. Here's a couple shots of the family with their fish.
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx291/kingofthekern/99db6818.jpg
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx291/kingofthekern/874b5e1e.jpg
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx291/kingofthekern/9a8e5efc.jpg
Tight Lines
FM

Bassnman Mike
06-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Great job, nice to see the crappie are still biting. I was up there on Thursday bass fishing with a couple friends from San Diego, the bass are starting to cooperate!

fishfinder
06-11-2011, 09:27 PM
wow john, your kids have grown so much since i fished with you at french gulch marina. but i guess so have mine.

Fishin Magician
06-12-2011, 06:38 AM
Thanks fishfinder. They are growing like crappie. Must be all the fish we eat. My boy is only about 2 inches shorter than me and will probably pass me up soon.
Keep watching my my posts for when the shore bite takes off then we can all fish together again. should be any day now. Water temps have been over 64 and rising. There is obviously a great grade of fish this year. The way they have bit in certain areas it should be a good season. The lake is high again with lots of flooded brush. Catfish have also been on the chew and should bite just as well. Big bass are everywhere and I have been seeing huge schools of shad on the meeter and along the shorelines.

IN2DEEP
06-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the continued reports and updates from your area

What cove are the cages in?

Do those orange buoys mark the location of each cage?

...And, can you tie up to the buoys?

Thanks a bunch

Fishin Magician
06-12-2011, 07:49 PM
The cages are in jaughins/Kissack cove. They do mark the locations. You can and everyone does tie up to them. Makes it real easy to fish in the right location. They are easily accessible from shore if you are in a tube or kayak.

Krazyhops87
06-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Was out there this weekend on a little boat....caught quite a few crappie on the same set up. Most of the fish seemed to be around 5 to 6'. Suspended my red/white jig under a small bobber and the fish were biting!

661Bass'n
06-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Great job on the Crappie and report...!!

Fishin Magician
06-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Most of the fish seemed to be around 5 to 6'.
Wow! 5-6 foot crappie. mine were only about a foot. LOL!
Glad you did well. should continue for a while now that we have good weather.
Tight Lines,
FM

Krazyhops87
06-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Wow! 5-6 foot crappie. mine were only about a foot. LOL!
Glad you did well. should continue for a while now that we have good weather.
Tight Lines,
FM

haha i wish they were 5'...meant to say depth*** Great job on the fish and thanks for the advice :) Maybe see you out there soon enough