PDA

View Full Version : Pudd Post (lots o' fish in that lake)

Cartman
06-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Went to the Pudd today around 11:30. Stayed till about 8:00. Must've caught over 100 gills, redears, and crappie. Fishing with a pole and light tackle from the East Shore and from another spot I like. Most of the fish were really small, but I could've filleted maybe a dozen or so. There are a lot of fish in that lake, and with the weather warming up, they're biting. I just wish they'd bring out the mommy and daddy fishes. :Confused:

lwang0202
06-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Went to the Pudd today around 11:30. Stayed till about 8:00. Must've caught over 100 gills, redears, and crappie. Fishing with a pole and light tackle from the East Shore and from another spot I like. Most of the fish were really small, but I could've filleted maybe a dozen or so. There are a lot of fish in that lake, and with the weather warming up, they're biting. I just wish they'd bring out the mommy and daddy fishes. :Confused:

if you dont mind, can you tell me the setup of the line and the bait you used? went there three weeks in a row and always caught the skunk =(

TheAsianGuy
06-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Ever try a small little sinker (1/16 or 1/32) in a drop shot, with 2 to 3 hooks in the leader, and use a small float at the top to hold the leader up?

How about a jig head hook with a very small red/white float at the top to dangle your bait about 18" below water. A major fish enticer..

lwang0202
06-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Ever try a small little sinker (1/16 or 1/32) in a drop shot, with 2 to 3 hooks in the leader, and use a small float at the top to hold the leader up?

How about a jig head hook with a very small red/white float at the top to dangle your bait about 18" below water. A major fish enticer..

ic. never tried that. what bait did u use? and are the hooks branched out from the line or tied onto the main line?

TheAsianGuy
06-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Mealworms, crickets, nightcrawlers, red wigglies, tiny piece of Velvetta cheeseballs, corn nibblets, small piece of hot dogs, and crappie yellow or green jigs.

lwang0202
06-11-2011, 09:53 PM
ic. but what about the part bout the hooks? will the hooks be attached to the main line? or will i need to make a looper knot then cut it so it kind of branches out from the line.

old pudd fisher
06-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Mealworms, crickets, nightcrawlers, red wigglies, tiny piece of Velvetta cheeseballs, corn nibblets, small piece of hot dogs, and crappie yellow or green jigs.

Yeah! I have had the best luck with mealworms, red worms and nightcrawler tidbits at the pudd with a # 8 size hook. Never had much luck with artificals on panfish there except for flyfishing. The key is use no more then 2lb test line.

TheAsianGuy
06-11-2011, 10:33 PM
ic. but what about the part bout the hooks? will the hooks be attached to the main line? or will i need to make a looper knot then cut it so it kind of branches out from the line.

Pretty easy with the hooks. Slap a #8 or #6 hook on the main line like the photos I've shown you earlier. Rather than doing a 1 to 2 inches branching off the main line, just slap it directly on the line. Two hooks, spacing out about 10 inches each, with the weight sits about 12 to 18 inches below the lowest hook, and the float sits about 10 to 12 inches above the highest hook. Here's a link for it if you like:

http://www.bassfishingusa.com/Rigging/drop_shot_rig.html

Better chance to hit both the upper and lower feeders.

Jeremy Wade Jr
06-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Mosquito hooks, 2-4lbs test line.. definitely mono.. wax worms are working pretty good with bobbers right now in puddingstone' I usually use about 2 feet of leader with a small split shot in between. Can't miss em'

lwang0202
06-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Mosquito hooks, 2-4lbs test line.. definitely mono.. wax worms are working pretty good with bobbers right now in puddingstone' I usually use about 2 feet of leader with a small split shot in between. Can't miss em'

alright gunna try this out probably this weekend. hopefully ill b able to get rid of my skunk =)