PDA

View Full Version : Irvine bassing 6/10

fongster
06-10-2011, 09:38 PM
I arrived at 5:30 am to find a very short line of cars. Dropped the boat and was fishing by 6:30 after a run to the flats. Got a couple on topwater but even with the heavy overcast (until 2 pm) and drizzle most of the morning, that bite never took off for me. I moved around a bit checking out Sierra Cove and got a couple. Then back to the east end...way back in the flats was super muddy from who knows what, maybe the grading trucks dumping their loads into the lake? Anyway, I ended up with 14 bass mostly on a mix of reactions baits. Water had dropped 1 foot since I was here two weeks ago. Water temps were cooler too--68.1 to 69.5. Met a nice guy on a Stratus bass boat. A couple of the usual insecure arrogant bass boat guys were there too, lol. Hey, no fish on worms like whopperstopper--diff patterns on diff days and locations I guess.

Cadillyak
06-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Sounds like a good day on the lake. Way to go!

karalm
06-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Fongster,
Thanks for the update and info. Getting 14 was a nice day of slaying!!

whopperstopper
06-11-2011, 10:02 PM
hey fongster I seen ya couple weeks ago @ docks i think pulling the boats out I was with barry the 7' tall guy... and I'm for sure not one those arrogant bass boat guy's...just a humble blue collar.. electrician... I got a 09 tracker to replace a 94 that was stolen ....what ever it takes to scratch that itch.. but I know the arrogance you speak of...lol i wasnt there 6/10 ...what kinda reaction baits you talkin bout

fongster
06-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Hi there. No, not you guys. The ones I was referring to were on a couple of Rangers and a Champion. You say hi and they think you're trying to jump their spot even though you were there first. I fished behind one of them and stuck two fish and they saw it and weren't happy, lol. Reaction baits: cranks, soft jerks, ripbaits. Spinners too but not working this session.

MAVERICK27
06-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Great job! Sorry that you had a bad experience with those guys. If you see me out there...be sure to waive and stop to shoot the stuff. Probably be on a red/blk/gry Ranger with a 200 merc on it. See ya on the water!

fongster
06-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Hey Mav! Par for the course, there or anywhere. Always been like that. No worries--I'm secure with who I am, lol. I'm in a 15 Gregor aluminum with stickers on the sides. See you out there!

TZ1
06-13-2011, 08:46 PM
I hope I'm not one of those arrogant bassers in the east end, wasnt at the lake until the afternoon. Honestly I think I could be perceived as one. My bass boat is my escape from fishing those cattle boats that I love so much and I think I might be a little more antisocial when fishing freshwater then I usually am elsewhere.

MAVERICK27
06-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Fongster....I've seen you out there...you put your time in!! Let's make it a point to bump into each other one day :)

TZ1...very cool of you to notice that possibility. Alot of us bass guys fall into that. Some are just concentrating and OVER thinking everything that we don't socialize as much as we did when we fished trout :) ...I can be guilty of that at times. I can promise you that if someone actually waves at me or talks to me..that we'll end up having a great conversation!! See ya out there

fongster
06-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Good points, Mav. I get into the concentration thing too. I'm talking about the reluctant reply to a hello or wave or the death stink eye that's given by some guys. See you guys out there soon!