PDA

View Full Version : big tujunga creek info?

mr. trout
06-10-2011, 11:47 AM
hey everyone. im an antelope valley resident and am always looking for new fishing spots. I have seen reports from big tujunga creek in the past, and I was thinking about making a little day trip to the creek. Can anyone tell me anything about the creek, or any tips to fishing it? thanks!

dockboy
06-10-2011, 01:01 PM
just about every part of the Tujunga got hit hard by the Station fire. Lower and upper sections got burnt up good. I'd give a while to recover

teejay
06-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Yup, I also think that area is still closed. Better check with the Angeles National Forest before venturing out.

ScottyP
06-10-2011, 03:34 PM
I fished up there in February for nothing. Area was open, but no fish left in the river. Station fire did some serious damage to the area. Might take a little while to bounce back, but I'm sure it will.

TROUT MASTERS
06-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Big tujunga is dead,looked like a disaster zone in january,that was the last time
i was there,try piru creek.above the bridge,c&r only,but better than tujunga.
Good luck.
Trout masters :Cool:

dockboy
06-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Big Rock is still open also, and doing fairly well, minus the usual abuse. Jackson up in Wrightwood reacts well to stocks, and if you hit it early after a stock it is usually good up there.