PDA

View Full Version : BBL 06-09-2011: Beautiful Mid-Week in the Tube

etaggart
06-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Hit the water about 5:30am by the big red house at the west-end just in time to watch the sun rise. Worked the north shore near the 5mph markers all the way down to the floating SS Relief. Had a couple of taps and finally landed a 14" trout about 6:45 (pictured below) just a hair over 1lb and gave a fast hard hit high in the water only about 10 ft away.

Picked up another one about 7:30 - same size - almost 15", fairly high in the water again. Surprised I wasn't getting many hits down lower. Both were caught on a dark olive wooly bugger.

Typical BBL wind pattern, but not too bad. No more hits and about 11am I was getting tired and started to head back in. Lake Patrol came by to check my permit - I asked if they had stocked for the upcoming tournament. He said they just finished stocking at the west ramp at 10am.

I packed up quickly and buzzed over there and relaunched for a bit. Hit the first in about 5 minutes. Typical small stocker (pic below). Picked up 3 more - all same size. Very windy over there so I stopped about 12:30.

I'm gonna hit Windy Point and the mouth of Grout Bay tomorrow morning per Kelster's recommendation. Lots of people shore fishing there.

When I zipped away from the big red house to the west launch, someone waived at me. If that was someone on the boards, holler back!

Cheers,

Eric

Ya think they just stocked?

Cameron
06-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Wow my reply discapeared . Anyway Glad to see ya get a couple decent ones sorry it wasnt better for ya.The wife & I are heading out after we drop off the kids for a couple hours.If I see ya I will yell. Good Luck.

Sublime-Steve
06-09-2011, 08:06 PM
OoOo nice man... im going up monday and gonna hit boulder bay early like usual. anyone know if the crappie are @ the dam yet?

rabbit77
06-09-2011, 08:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZRu9AuBb7M&feature=related

idk where this is at some where in Big Bear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhUsvC8e4ug

Kelster
06-10-2011, 06:54 AM
Good luck. I will be up there later today and out on the lake tomorrow on a pontoon. I will try the late bite today before my fishing companions come up and I have to baby sit them tomorrow. Staying by Boulder Bay so probably will try there this afternoon. Let me know if the bite is still there at Windy point or if it has moved.

Cameron
06-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Good luck. I will be up there later today and out on the lake tomorrow on a pontoon. I will try the late bite today before my fishing companions come up and I have to baby sit them tomorrow. Staying by Boulder Bay so probably will try there this afternoon. Let me know if the bite is still there at Windy point or if it has moved.

Try the mouth of metcalf to the mouth of boulder u should hook up. May see ya from shore.

mytyt
06-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Are you trolling the bugger from your tube? Sinking line? At BBL once you get your permit can you launch anywhere you want?

Which Way Out
06-10-2011, 12:51 PM
I'll be at the Moose lodge in Fawnskin Sat afternoon (4:30)after doing a Jeep poker run Sat AM.

BBQ cook off going on. Its open to the public at a small fee I think. If your hungry swing by. :Beer Toast::Food:

I always have some sort of FNN gear on, either a Team 57 shirt or the FNN shirt. Say hi and let me know where to fish on Sun. morning and I'll give you extra BBQ.:Secret:

FYI this is NOT a sponsored FNN or Team 57 event, just the local Moose lodge that I belong to.

fish-o-haulic
06-10-2011, 01:05 PM
at least no skunk good job.

etaggart
06-10-2011, 03:36 PM
I was stripping a bugger - trolling sometimes, but generally toss it out, let is sink and strip it up through the column to see where it will get his.

And, yes you can launch a tube or kayak anywhere you can find an opening. Be mindful of private property. Let me know if you want some launching location suggestions.

Eric