PDA

View Full Version : Heartwell Park in Long Beach. Any Bass there?

Surfer
06-09-2011, 06:40 PM
In August my family and I are leaving our tiny apartment in Torrance and moving to a house in Lakewood. While in Torrance my regular fishing hole was Alondra so now I'm looking for new spots near Lakewood. Of course I know of El Dorado but I hear there is a little known park in Long Beach with a small fishing pond called Heartwell. I searched online and haven't found much info as to what type of fish are in this pond. I have also heard of a golf course in Lakewood with some ponds. I fish for bass. Any info is appreciated.

vortec_cruiser
06-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Heartwell is anything but a little-known park. It stretches for miles along Carson Street. I really can't shed any light on Heartwell Lake, but you should just walk around the lake and see if anyone is fishing. The other lakes are at Lakewood Country Club, and is probably only accessible to ninja fishermen.

Zhazi
06-10-2011, 01:36 AM
I'll try to fish it and see what comes up. Cheers!

shy_boxer
06-10-2011, 01:48 PM
It's a small pond but heartwell does have lmb. Watch out for the underwater structure you may loose a few lures. Generally plastics do well but nothing beats a reaction bait bite. Oh yeah, maybe a top water bite is the ultimate IMHO!

Surfer
06-10-2011, 07:24 PM
My go to bait is the dropshot. How does it do there?

Lightning
06-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the 'hood! Your better off hitting El Dorado,
only 5-10 min away.Good luck.

catfishhunter
06-10-2011, 08:34 PM
drop shot purple plastics

Surfer
06-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Welcome to the 'hood! Your better off hitting El Dorado,
only 5-10 min away.Good luck.

Hood? Alondra is hood. That place is infested with crackheads, gangsters, community service workers and there was a robbery in the bathroom a month ago.

Surfer
06-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Stopped by Heartwell today and was amazed at how small and shallow it is. It is about 1/3rd the size of Alondra if not a little smaller.

Bradakas
06-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Its usually VERY blue stoned and full of turtles.

bman90278
06-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Hood? Alondra is hood. That place is infested with crackheads, gangsters, community service workers and there was a robbery in the bathroom a month ago.

Surfer is correct...Alondra has really gotten worse recently! It's do bad now they keep the restrooms locked most of the time. Even the bass are laying low so the don't get robbed, raped, or thrown in a bucket.

shy_boxer
06-21-2011, 12:12 AM
Try throwing shallow running cranks, jerkbaits, and poppers.
If you are throwing plastics you may try crawdad imitations baits such as a ika, chigger craw, or small finesse jigs. Cast towards the middle of the lake or cast parallel with the bank.

There is a decent amount of bass in that lake. You just got to figure out what the pattern is to catch them: