PDA

View Full Version : Saw a DD @ one of my spots = Swimbait Fish

KILLA
06-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Ok, so long story short: Fish one of my spots with my gf. Spot is only known for catching small lmb's until last week. At 1st I thought I saw a shadow of a Big Cat, but as I got closer I couldn't believe what I was seeing, DD lmb. I started shaking right away. I tossed everything but live bait for a good 30 min as she kept coming in and out of the scene. After 45 min, Some guy come's up with his saltwater rod and has no Idea that the DD was there. Kid you not, he start's fishing off the dock i've been casting towards for a 1/2 hr. ( 5 ft away from where im fishing ) I asked politely " excuse me sir, can you please give me some space, I've been trying to catch a little guy under that dock. " He ignore's me, tosses out a nightcrawler and hooks into a small bass. I knew it, the DD ate his small bass, he had no idea until his rod doubled over. ( drag wasn't set ) My gf knew how upset I was as I was walking away shaking my head. I was praying it would snap him off and god answered my prayers. I was surprise he didn't catch it with his saltwater set up with 20lb. I called it a day in frustration.

So since then I've been throwing all BBZ's 8in. slowsink, and 6in. JR. floater, I caught my 1st fish on my bbz jr, and man was it awesome. Wasn't at the same place but It was some thing i've been looking forward to

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/poachn/1157.jpg

Cameron
06-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Great story sorry it happened to ya tho just sucks when it happens.Thanks for sharing the pic of ur fatty & hope u get a shot at that DD soon.

Bass-N-Fever
06-09-2011, 06:51 PM
nice catch! bought myself a bbz jr swimbait about 4 month ago but have not yet work for me.

stocker
06-10-2011, 01:10 AM
Now that's karma. The fishng gods don't take kindly to the roust. I'm almost as stoked as you that the guy lost that fish. More importantly, way to break in tha bbz jr. I've got one myself that needs to be de-virginized!

tacklejunkie
06-10-2011, 01:35 AM
Nice job w/ the swimmy dude!
The addiction has just begun.

Bummer on the DD.
You'll get it back.

DrePSP
06-18-2011, 12:16 PM
ok, so I am newbie. what a DD