PDA

View Full Version : Little Newbie Help Please

breadman
06-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Hey guys been on the site for a few years mostly on the freshwater side, new to So Cal ocean fishing, just bought a 35 footer in a slip at peters landing and would like some general info on the area, still rigging the boat so im limited on electronics to whats on the boat, Im taken her out on here maiden voyage on saturday and would like some general area info, What I would like to do is find a spot to do and little sand bass, calico, or butt c&r not heading out to far just a short putt to get to know the boat, anyway any help would be greatly appreciated,, Thanks

Jackpot Jimmy
06-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Peter's Landing is in Huntington Beach, right? Then if so, you're close to the Huntington Flats - the barracuda fishing was pretty good there today. Or you can try Izor's Reef or the Federal Breakwater for some bass. All are pretty close by.

murrieta angler
06-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Howdy Breadman,
First off, Congrats on your boat!
There are a number of places to fish close to Petes Landing.
Jimmy mentioned a few.
There are books you can buy or look on the internet for GPS spots.
BUT, most importantly is to be safe. Check out conditions the day before, such as swell, winds, rain....

Be safe before having fun.

GOOD LUCK,
Robert
<><

breadman
06-09-2011, 03:28 PM
thanks for the advice guys,it looks like water temp is on a upswing and think I going to stick close by, so im guessing I will start with the flats, throwing swimbaits anyways appreciate the help and advice....D

DockRat
06-10-2011, 06:51 AM
I'm sure some guy like Cory or Japan Ron would show you some spots and methods.
Shoot them a PM.
DR