PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Sierra-Cabin Rentals

peterl
06-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi All,

I am looking to head to the Eastern Sierras in late July. We are taking the whole family (7 people) we normally stay at Lake Front Cabins at June Lake, but they are booked.

Looking for suggestions on a place to rent a cabin that is family friendly (5 kids) reasonably priced, and either in the loop, Twin Lakes area, or maybe even the Convict lake area.

I found Twin Lakes resort, way too much money. Also found Annetts Mono Village, but the reviews are mixed.

Would appreciate some suggestions.

We also looked into renting a trailer from the folks that drop it at a campsite, but they cost about the same as a cabin :-)

thanks

Pete

stallion21
06-07-2011, 08:47 PM
try rainbow ridge realty in June Lake. They have a number of places that will fit your needs. We go up every summer (two families of four) and they always have a place to accommodate us. Getting late tho, so look quick!

TROUT MASTERS
06-07-2011, 09:28 PM
try view poiny candos @ mammoyh lakes.$735.00 for 7 nights,out the door,1bedroom with loft
i have 4 kids,so i a big family as well,i stay there every year for last 8 years,
760-934-3132

IncredibleHuck
06-07-2011, 10:37 PM
If you don't mind a little more south, there is always Parchers in the bishop creek canyon area.

But if you up further north, we always stay at Snow Creek in Mammoth. The condos are very very very clean too. http://www.snowcreekresort.com/reservations/search.htm

MexicanPistachio
06-08-2011, 01:52 AM
mammothsierraonline.com is a great booking site for condos in mammoth. for the past 4 years i have used them for our annual Memorial trip. i usually pay between $430 to $470 for the 3 night holiday weekend. the condos i get sleep 6-8 and have 2 baths. St. Moritz, Woodlands and Discovery 4 are my favorite so far, Discovery 4 for the deer viewing. Later in the season I go on vrbo and offer cash up front and try my luck. I let them know what I'm willing to pay and go from there. I think this is the only good thing about this economy, money talks! Last year I got a 3bed/2bath condo at the Woodlands for $500.

Oban
06-08-2011, 03:32 AM
Annett's is really nice, has taken care of my family several times in the past (always gone near opener or closer time). The problem is that the minimum rental period for a cabin is one week from mid June - Labor day. Going for 4 days/3 nights with my family in two weeks, but had to rent two motel rooms instead of a cabin. Motel rooms have no kitchen or firepit, but were clean and nice last time we stayed. Area is beautiful and was full of wildlife. Oh, and of course great fishing. Cafe had great food, and boat rentals were pretty cheap.

sierraslam
06-08-2011, 08:36 AM
I'd look into the cabins at Rock Creek Lake Resort. They're close to the lake, creek, and Mosquito Flats for great day hikes. I know the folks who run it are great people too. If you want to stay in Mammoth, I just booked a condo that sleeps 7 for Aug. 5-8 for $530.00. That includes a cleaning fee, tax, everything. That's about $176.00 per night. We have 6 going up for Bluesapalooza, so that breaks down to about 30 bucks each per night. Not too bad. Cabins are gona get you closer to the water, and a way more rustic feel though. Depends on want. P.s. If anyone wants the website to book condos in Mammoth I can pm it to you.

MexicanPistachio
06-08-2011, 09:30 AM
I'd look into the cabins at Rock Creek Lake Resort. They're close to the lake, creek, and Mosquito Flats for great day hikes. I know the folks who run it are great people too. If you want to stay in Mammoth, I just booked a condo that sleeps 7 for Aug. 5-8 for $530.00. That includes a cleaning fee, tax, everything. That's about $176.00 per night. We have 6 going up for Bluesapalooza, so that breaks down to about 30 bucks each per night. Not too bad. Cabins are gona get you closer to the water, and a way more rustic feel though. Depends on want. P.s. If anyone wants the website to book condos in Mammoth I can pm it to you.

Ill be up the same time as you. Pm sent