PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Lake Perris carps' location(s)

TheAsianGuy
06-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Hey guys. I tend to hit cats, gills, sunfishes, crappies, trouts and occasional basses. But, where the heck do you guys hammer those carps? I search all over the eastern marsh area during the early morning and late day, but could never spot those carps anywhere. Once in a blue moon, I see them jump out of the water near the shore grabbing those water bugs, but to find them for some fun..can anyone help? Would love to catch a few and test out some of the German's recipes that my wife used to enjoyed.

By the way, any one want to venture this Sat at Perris?

fishmounter
06-07-2011, 05:39 PM
"Once in a blue moon"? Almost every time I go out in the early morning, I see lots of large carp jumping and slapping the water, especially in the east side of LP. Don't think these big guys are after little water bugs on the surface with all the food for them down in the water. Carp just jump for whatever reason. Maybe it's fun for them or they are trying to shake loose some parasites. I've seen carp take aquatic insects off the surface... they slurp them up. No splash or jumping.

bassgrabber1
06-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Plenty of Carp jumping everywhere in the Morning and Evening. Jeff is right that they don't eat aquatic insects by jumping after them. There is an abundant food source for them in the marshy areas like the east end. I see a lot of guys catching them on pac bait and corn meal dough at LOT11/12. Good lUck!!

TheAsianGuy
06-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks guy. You're lucky in seeing them. I haven't seen them that active at 6 to 9am. Must be my rotten luck. I'll pack some hot dogs, cornmeal dough, and a few other homemade carp's recipes. May need to haul some C4 with me too.

QB7940
06-07-2011, 09:56 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/QB7940/Carp.jpg

This was off a drop shot yamamoto senko @ bernasconi.

TheAsianGuy
06-07-2011, 10:10 PM
What the crap?! wait wait..What the carp?! That is some good piece of meat on that puppy. Man, I think I need to use a size 2 hook to a 2/0 to hunt for those puppies while searching for panfishes. Which patch of marsh did you hit and how deep?

fish-o-haulic
06-07-2011, 10:22 PM
What the crap?! wait wait..What the carp?! That is some good piece of meat on that puppy. Man, I think I need to use a size 2 hook to a 2/0 to hunt for those puppies while searching for panfishes. Which patch of marsh did you hit and how deep?

to bad its no good meat.

whopperstopper
06-07-2011, 10:24 PM
That's the new yamamoto corn color worm It owns on those Golden Bass ...lol

fishmounter
06-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Nice! I've had some giants like that jump right next to me while I'm floating along in my 'tube. Really startles you. They Look like a nice King Salmon jumping! Wish I could have my camera all ready to shoot. One of these days a big one like that is going to hit my jig/waxworm and 2 lb line. Yahoooo!...

QB7940
06-07-2011, 11:12 PM
@theasianguy
It was around the center of bernasconi, to the left of the underwater road if youre looking west. in 8-10ft of water. they're just fun for the fight but cleaning/eating is just a pain. Lake elsinore has a good carp bite. they also used to have an awesome crappie bite but...

@fishmounter
I'll call lake patrol to toll you in when I see you out in the middle of the lake where it'll break you off right before you land it :LOL:

TheAsianGuy
06-08-2011, 07:35 AM
All fishes are a pain to clean..carp has that freaking mud vein that you have to get rid of or it will taste like something died in your tongue. But hey, still good eating. Although, 70% of carp is wasted because of the bones and entrails.