PDA

View Full Version : man had licence for 6 months and only used it 3 times needs to change

JokerRw
06-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Ok I need more water time I am sitting at Newport and 32nd where can I fish. Also where can I launch a tube or kayak. Any help would be great

tree
06-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Wow You're in prime location for some surf fishing! Go to Newport beach, straight down from 32nd and hit up all the jetties that run along the beach. Use the standard "crack" (gulp bait) or throw LuckyCraft Flashminnow110's all day and catch halibut/big surf perch. Big Hammers also work.

As far as fishing on a tube or kayak, Newport Harbor is the opposite side of the Beach and I dont see anything wrong with launching @ Edgewater ave, just walking down the beach and into the water.

The Big Hammers and LC's will work in NPH as well.

smokehound
06-08-2011, 10:47 AM
You are only limited by your imagination. Use the lures you're good with.

I dont think launching from the beach is legal at newport, to my knowledge, only the Dory fishing fleet is allowed to do so. I could be wrong though. never seen someone launch a Yak from the surf there!

tree
06-08-2011, 11:03 AM
ah, well i didnt mean launching into the surf, but launching into NPH.

ive seen people paddle their kayaks right up onto shore to have a little beach fun, then slide the kayaks right back into the water and move on to the next spot.

smokehound
06-08-2011, 11:43 AM
from 15th street and beyond, there are tons of places to launch a yak.

Youve got all those storm drain areas to launch from, or you could launch at via lido.

But even on foot, you've got plenty of range to cover. Check google maps for a convenient area.

JokerRw
06-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks guys. Going to put advise to good use.

vanillagurilla
06-08-2011, 12:50 PM
another word to the wise is to check the tide and launch on the out going or incoming before the peak or lull so you can use the current to your advantage so your not kicking or paddling against it.