PDA

View Full Version : Lower lagoon tubi'n

BIGBASS MB
06-06-2011, 09:45 PM
First time out this year to the Lagoon for some LMB, got there early 6:45 water was very calm no wind skys were overcast with some drizzel for the mornong tought I was gonna get soaked but it quit by the time I was in the water, launched at the Paradise cove area and kicked over to the big tree fished every thing from robos to minnows, streamers and topwater plugs... and got the BIG NADA (SKUNK) did'nt see anyone out there fishing , had the whole lake to myself and I still couldnt get a fish...
OK NEXT time will be Better ...
Thats what I tell evereyone....
One thing I can say is that : I enjoyed every second of the time I was on the water...
woulden't be the first SKUNK.
MB

adriiiian
06-06-2011, 10:46 PM
yeahthe goon is pretty tough right now but it is a pretty cool place to fish for bass. Keep your hopes up theyll start biting soon.

TROUT MASTERS
06-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Hey brotherman,
at least you were up there and im sure you had fun.
As far as the skunk goes,you will beat the crap out of it next time.
Oh by the way,call me i know a great spot for tubing.

SDDave
06-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Hey Mike, we were there yesterday to, sure was some werid weather in the morning, I was ready to throw the rain gear on but then it cleared, there was only a couple other boats out and we were all in the back by the csun dock and the tules, water is super clear back there. Weeds are thick and lil pockets of open areas, we were tossing the flashtrixs in baby bass and a bluegill color, flylined with a nail weight incerted in the worm to get it to sink slowly.
We got a few on this bait, then I switched to the potbellied shad in the bluegill color an a big fish slammed it, I handed it off to my friend and he was only able to get a few cranks on the reel handle and it turned, we saw it's side and it was a big girl, it turned and bull dogged down into the weeds and snapped the line, the 6 pound test couldn't hold it.
After that I moved out to the clear bottom and soaked some dads for nada, I did get a small one later on a dad on a drift in open water.
Good day to be out fishing could have been better, not to offen to have the lake as empty as it was!

fish-o-haulic
06-07-2011, 10:04 AM
sorry about the skunk. i like fishing the lagoon. it feels comfortable fishing back there, just sitting back on shore catching trout, crappie and, gills. they have any catfish in the lagoon.

bassyakker
06-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I was there on sat on my yak and got the skunk too. Seen a few tubers sight fishing and landing a couple.

BassinChef
06-07-2011, 12:51 PM
I was one of the tubers out there on sat , I caught 3 decent ones all on the wacky rig senko. There is a good mix of fish there.