PDA

View Full Version : Sebile Magic Swimmer

Sublime-Steve
06-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Has ANYONE hooked up using this lure?? really curious!

tacklejunkie
06-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Skyler just showed me a lure that looks just about like the Se'bile MS but more like a trout and I think less pieces or something.

We've been discussing how this lure looks and works like a giant jerkbait.

I have had several very large striper bounce off it already. Only a matter of time.
$15 at Sports Authority for me. Credit due to Skyler. His thrifty mindset has found a few very good products lately for very low coin. More proof the dollar can't buy you a trophy fish!

Never tried the actual Se'bile (yet) but may be convinced now that I have seen the action of this Storm Kickin' Stick. Hooks would actually probably handle a 8-9lb fish but you might want to go higher for monsters. Decently sharp and mildy strong stock hooks though.
http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac106/reptilemantis/8inchkickinstick.png
Jerk away!

tacklejunkie
06-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Yeah dude the kickin' stick looks just like the Sebile Magic Swimmer trout.

I'm sure that lure will work. You gotta work it.

tacklejunkie
06-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Uhg I'm such a tackle monster.

Here's the man who made the lure on video.
He has a special edition Golden Trout Sebile that I want now. :Rolls Eyes:
I could slay some fish on that thing.
He doesn't know how to fish his own lure though. Too many jerk jerk jerks. doesn't look right.

he needs to jerk crank crank crank jerk jerk crank crank jerk crank crank crank, instead. Looks much better.
Do it FAST and do it SUBSURFACE with no wake.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/icast08.html?ccode=SEBMAGIC

P.A.W.
06-07-2011, 05:33 AM
I have the Magic swimmer in a silver grey shad color with a dark back. I have caught striper off it BUT only during a time when they were taking almost anything like white buzzbaits. I also have the trout shown in the pic which has neted me nothing so far.

Dr. MindBendo
06-07-2011, 07:40 AM
I've caught several LMB on 4" Holo Greenie. I even caught giant Bull Gill on it once. It's a great jerk bait that I think gives off the look of an injured bait fish. I would use it when you know the fish are feeding on shad or bass fry. I also have the 6" Natural Shiner color one but haven't caught anything on it yet.

Karyn
06-07-2011, 07:54 AM
MAN! This is a whole nother language!- Holo Greenie, Magic Swimmer, and Se'bile MS.. I have been writing down the key terms and looking on line to see what you guys are talking about. So crazy.

You all give great advice, in Greek! It's cool. I am just laughing at myself- outloud! In my line of work that shows that you are either crazy or confident. I guess I'm both.

Dr. MindBendo
06-07-2011, 09:41 AM
MAN! This is a whole nother language!- Holo Greenie, Magic Swimmer, and Se'bile MS.. I have been writing down the key terms and looking on line to see what you guys are talking about. So crazy.

You all give great advice, in Greek! It's cool. I am just laughing at myself- outloud! In my line of work that shows that you are either crazy or confident. I guess I'm both.

Nothing technical here Karyn. lol Here's a breakdown. Sebile - Brand/Lure maker, Magic Swimmer/MS - name of the lure, Holo Greenie is just one of the crazy color names for this lure.

Sublime-Steve
06-07-2011, 01:15 PM
OK, so LMB and striper.. but you guys are jerking it? ( lol ) when I do that the hook gets caught up on the line and doesn't swim in right. like tackle junkie said a good combo works but I find it to do the same thing when I just stop reeling and then reel in fast couple seconds later.

I haven't caught anything with it but have only fished it @ perris and NPH so we shall see. Thanks for your input and any pics with the swimmer and a fish would b kool... I wanna see where its hooked.

tacklejunkie
06-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Usually jerkbaits end up on the side of the mouth or on the outside of the head for some reason. I think its because they turn and swim away when they get hooked and the lure turns to the side of the head and gets stuck.

Sublime-Steve
06-07-2011, 04:17 PM
yea i agree.. you never had any probs with it gettin stuck on the line?

P.A.W.
06-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Yah Steve, I've had it happen, but just a couple of times when I was learning to use it. It can also happen on the cast just as the lure hits the water so to eliminate that possibility I now thumb brake just a tad early to make sure the lure lands ***-first.

BTW TJ I was also just at Sports Authority and picked up a new striper weapon. Won't say what it is yet, but if I catch anything on it I'll fess up. It's almost like women and shoes. OOOOOOH! look at those red ones! Gotta have it for my tackle box!

tacklejunkie
06-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Don't get me started.
I was sneaking out of my house at 3am when I was 7-8 years old and walking 10 miles down to 24 hour K-mart to steal crappie jigs. I Was certainly unaware of what they were or how to use them but the fact that they catch fish and looked like firecrackers for sale at the fireworks stand always fascinated me. The kid with the most firecrackers catches the fish! Well not really but they have the best show.

It's a sickness. :mad:
I knew I didn't need the Hard Bass but I bought it anyways and now I'm disappointed with the action.

Ps..
Steve it gets stuck on the line once or twice an outing.
Lures get fouled up. It happens. My punkers do it too more than the kickin' stick.
Just find a retrieve that looks fishy and stick to it near some cover and pin a dink for confidence.
you need to find some golf course ponds to learn how to work your lures. The fish will teach you.

Sublime-Steve
06-07-2011, 10:20 PM
lol im @ perris like 4 days out of the week

ahi
06-13-2011, 03:26 PM
On the other extreme...

The 228 size works well on BIG game...anglers in Australia use it for giant trevally/ulua fishing...they just re-rig the hooks as those fish rip lures apart. They use big Stellas or Saltigas, 8 foot moderate action rods, 80lb-100lb braid and 80-100lb shock leaders...and tight drags...something gonna give...

I can dream of that kind of fishing...

seal
06-13-2011, 08:01 PM
I like the Magic Swimmer because of the weedless rigging and it looks really good in the water, no I haven't caught anything on it, I have a lot of lures that look really good in the water but have yet to catch anything except me....