PDA

View Full Version : Any Skinner lake report?

MOON
06-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Thinking of hitting Skinner on Wed. or Thurs this week anyone have any recent report for fishing the stripers...BTW will be in a Green Crestliner say hi if you see us thanks...

Pete Marino
06-06-2011, 06:10 PM
My Brother in law went to Skinner this past weekend and said the bitre was "EXTREMELY Brutal".. His words..
DVL would be a much better choice for all species..

Pete

fish-o-haulic
06-06-2011, 06:45 PM
My Brother in law went to Skinner this past weekend and said the bitre was "EXTREMELY Brutal".. His words..

Pete

Ive been hearing real good things about dvl. Ive never been but the striper bite from what ive seen is epic. i wana get up there with my uncle and grandfather but i live like 2hrs away, and were the old school fisherman that wake up at like 4am and have to be at a lake at least by 6 or 6:30 or it just doesnt feel like a fishing day, haha.

P.A.W.
06-06-2011, 06:50 PM

Pete

Hmmm Odd. I was told by the rangers that Skinner would be closed to boats for the weekend of the baloon and wine festival June 4-5. The weekend before was pretty good fishing.

Pete Marino
06-06-2011, 07:36 PM
They camped and fished from shore...

Yeah the striper bite at DVL can be EPIC... bolis boils boils...Its coming!!!

Hooked Up
06-06-2011, 09:11 PM
I just got back from Skinner today @5pm. Was going to do a report but I guess this is as good a place as any. Haha Striper fishing good early till 8:30/9:00, (dinks to 2lbs.) Some anglers got there limits (though I didn't ) :( I didn't see any big fish but that doesn't mean there wasn't any caught? Saw 2 limits at the cleaning tables but nothing over 3 lbs. Oh yeah, and 1 nice trout about 2 1/2lbs. I only caught 2 (lost another at net) and my partner caught 5. Guys at the cleaning tables said they got most of theirs on lures. I was in a boat as were the guys with limits. Lots of salad, looks like a major algae bloom too. But a fun day anyway. :) Hope this helps!

P.A.W.
06-07-2011, 05:45 AM
They camped and fished from shore...

Yeah the striper bite at DVL can be EPIC... bolis boils boils...Its coming!!!

Yup, that explains it. The lmb are holding in BIG numbers along the north shore and stripers in deep water by the dam. Both not accessable for shore fishermen.

MOON
06-07-2011, 09:27 AM
Hey thanks for the the info.

hbar137
06-07-2011, 01:34 PM
I just got back from Skinner today @5pm. Was going to do a report but I guess this is as good a place as any. Haha Striper fishing good early till 8:30/9:00, (dinks to 2lbs.) Some anglers got there limits (though I didn't ) :( I didn't see any big fish but that doesn't mean there wasn't any caught? Saw 2 limits at the cleaning tables but nothing over 3 lbs. Oh yeah, and 1 nice trout about 2 1/2lbs. I only caught 2 (lost another at net) and my partner caught 5. Guys at the cleaning tables said they got most of theirs on lures. I was in a boat as were the guys with limits. Lots of salad, looks like a major algae bloom too. But a fun day anyway. :) Hope this helps!

First time fishing ... went with Hooked Up to skinner lake yesterday. Caught 5 stripers including one 20in :) It was a fun and great experience. Thank you to Hooked Up and the guys at the rental boat place!

Sublime-Steve
06-07-2011, 04:46 PM
guess its time for a skinner trip :-)

Slater
06-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Most likely going to head out to skinner in the am on my yak. Plan on the usual troll routine with the typical baitfish immitations. Curious how it looked out there today if anyone was out? Striper still showing up around the surface in the morning? Well see you guys out there...hopefully bendo on stripey!