PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys!

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-06-2011, 03:33 PM
..and gals. my name is david...and im a fishing addict....any who i mainly fish SARL and CORONA. Actually Ive never fished anywhere else in Socal. Since i dont have much luck at the above mentioned lakes, i was wondering if anyone could give me pointers on where to go (either salt water or freshwater) for a nice productive low budget fishing trip. Im down to catch anything ( ive only fished for LMB, cats, and trout). i have 3 spinning setups (two lightweight rigged with 8lb test, and one medium heavy with 20lb), and no boat. Help a broke college student out!!!!

-David.

P.S. i apologize in advance if this is the wrong thread.

christainmetalhead909
06-06-2011, 04:02 PM
im in the same boat man, im broke too thats why i dont like to pay 22 bucks to fish, i would rather spend the money on gas. I live in san bernardino and i like the local lakes gregory, silverwood, green valley lake, but my favorite is big bear i always of good luck there on trout and carp. the thing is that it is a drive up there. but do a overnight trip thats what i do. you can always try the regional parks i do well there too, yucaipa glen helan, prado, guasti. i never go to perris but i dont think it cost to much to go in and i think the fishing there is decent fromm shore. good luck oter people will give you better info but i figured i would help out a little.

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-06-2011, 04:44 PM
im in the same boat man, im broke too thats why i dont like to pay 22 bucks to fish, i would rather spend the money on gas. I live in san bernardino and i like the local lakes gregory, silverwood, green valley lake, but my favorite is big bear i always of good luck there on trout and carp. the thing is that it is a drive up there. but do a overnight trip thats what i do. you can always try the regional parks i do well there too, yucaipa glen helan, prado, guasti. i never go to perris but i dont think it cost to much to go in and i think the fishing there is decent fromm shore. good luck oter people will give you better info but i figured i would help out a little.

Oh yeah i forgot i live in Upland, Ca right by Ontario. I hear carp are pretty fun to catch! id totally be down to go for some. how much is it to get in at big bear? and is camping free? are there any local secluded farm ponds or something within an hour or so from ontario?

fish-o-haulic
06-06-2011, 06:50 PM
thers puddinstone res. farmont park and prado. Pudd is 21 mins from ontario, prado is 28mins. and fairmount is 27 mins away. i looked it up on google maps.

brad1
06-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Head out to newport and fish the bay bratha....I think there is a boat lounching fee but I foot it or tube it...good fishin though for sure

christainmetalhead909
06-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Oh yeah i forgot i live in Upland, Ca right by Ontario. I hear carp are pretty fun to catch! id totally be down to go for some. how much is it to get in at big bear? and is camping free? are there any local secluded farm ponds or something within an hour or so from ontario?

big bear is free gregory is free silverwood is free if you go to the dam area, and the local parks are like 5 bucks for parking and 5 or 7 per angler. look up guasti small little lake thats a county lake that gets planted every week. and its in ontario around the air port area.

christainmetalhead909
06-06-2011, 08:37 PM

oh ya big bear camping fees im not sure, i jsut find a spot and fish, i normally fish all night and maybe fall asleep for a bit in a sleeping bag under the stars.

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-06-2011, 10:22 PM
thers puddinstone res. farmont park and prado. Pudd is 21 mins from ontario, prado is 28mins. and fairmount is 27 mins away. i looked it up on google maps.

i heard prado and the pudd werent very productive spots from shore..but maybe i heard wrong.. thanks for the heads up ill look up some reports.

big bear is free gregory is free silverwood is free if you go to the dam area, and the local parks are like 5 bucks for parking and 5 or 7 per angler. look up guasti small little lake thats a county lake that gets planted every week. and its in ontario around the air port area.

wow talk about wasting money. i cant believe ive spent so much at sarl and corona when there are all these local free lakes.

oh ya big bear camping fees im not sure, i jsut find a spot and fish, i normally fish all night and maybe fall asleep for a bit in a sleeping bag under the stars.

id totally be down for an all nighter at bear. when you going up next? would you mind taggin me along? might need some pointers for my first time there.

christainmetalhead909
06-06-2011, 11:25 PM
id totally be down for an all nighter at bear. when you going up next? would you mind taggin me along? might need some pointers for my first time there.[/QUOTE]

ill be going up i hope some time the week after june 19th thats when i get out of school and after i graduate :) haha. ya man you can tag along no problem what days are you available to go? weekends are kinda outta the question for me i work fri sat and sun. i know for sure in the second week of july my brother a friend and i are going to do a jenks lake big bear grean valley arrowbear gregory and silverwood trip most likely around 3 to 4 days if you wanna come let me know you would have to drive as my mustang doesnt hold much or many people haha. just send me a pm and ill let you know when i head up. oh ya jenks is a free lake to fish also but would take a while for you to get to from ontario its up the back way to big bear.

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-07-2011, 04:49 PM
anyone have some secret pond type deals that people hardly fish??? like a farm pond that one could fish with no disturbance.

fish-o-haulic
06-07-2011, 06:17 PM
anyone have some secret pond type deals that people hardly fish??? like a farm pond that one could fish with no disturbance.

does that exist in california?

Booyah 2 Ya
06-07-2011, 06:51 PM
David - I live in Upland. Sneak out of work once a week for afternoon session. I see all the lakes suggested. For me, it's Diamond Valley. About an hour away, under 10 bucks to fish the shore. Best fishing in SoCA. Having been a broke college kid - way back when - I'll be willing to take you along on an afternoon trip - I know this lake very well. Going this Wednesday Saturday for sure and maybe Friday. Lots of dinks and a few 5 lbs plus last week. Let me know if you're interested and good luck for the next 10 years paying off your loans - Ha.