PDA

View Full Version : Hali Quest 6/4 & 6/5

Ulua1
06-06-2011, 09:31 AM
6/4
Hit the surf w/ my buddy Eric in search of some halibut on Saturday, got to the surf at 6am, weather was cloudy, waves were small, and tide was low. I told myself yes, this should be the day, been trying to get a hali since last year w/ no luck. about 20 mins in, fish on, feels small. Pulled up a 6 inch jack smelt (Skunk buster) sorry no pics on that little guy, oh well back to fishing. We seen Wingnut and crew a little later that day, quickly said hi and back to fishing, no more luck till 12pm. called it a day. Need redemption. Called up my buddy Eric that night to coordinate the plan of attack, done, ok were good to go.
6/5
Back out again, man do I feel lucky today. Got to the surf at 5:30am to see that the waves were WAY bigger, oh well we're already there, lets see what happens, in the waders and out in the surf, a few cast in and BAM, after a short fight, Yes, first Hali from the surf 19inch, not legal but hey, big accomplishment, they look so cool when you release them and see them up close.
I said to myself ok, I'm satisfied, but would be great if I got a legal. about 20 casts later it happens, bam, fish on, hey feels like my last fish (Head shakes), I tell eric, I think this might be the legal hali, we land and measure, yes its LEGAL!!

Bait Fish
06-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Congrats on the legal!

Ulua1
06-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Congrats on the legal!

Thanks! man I'm still stoked from yesterday

Wingnut
06-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Jason, congrats on the legal... nothing to it right? :Wink:
You will always remember your first and how & where you got it.
It was nice meeting you & Eric on the sand on Saturday. :Cool: I've only been to that beach a couple of times. Thanks for the PM and I wish you continued success in your quest for the next PB. :Big Grin:

Ulua1
06-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Jason, congrats on the legal... nothing to it right? :Wink:
You will always remember your first and how & where you got it.
It was nice meeting you & Eric on the sand on Saturday. :Cool: I've only been to that beach a couple of times. Thanks for the PM and I wish you continued success in your quest for the next PB. :Big Grin:

Thanks Wingnut! Yup nothing to it, most definitely a memorable moment!
It was awesome meeting you on our exploratory trip, it was actually our first time there on Saturday, pretty cool spot.
More PBs to come! Thanks again, we'll meet again!

Jaysuuun
06-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Congrats on the successful quest. Looking forward to more reports.

bones
06-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Very nice job out there !
Good to see that you stuck with it !
Keep up the hunt.....I see a big old legal in your near future!

DockRat
06-07-2011, 06:02 AM
WTG on the Legal Halibut. Now you got the fever!
DR

smidge
06-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Good job on the legal.

Ulua1
06-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Congrats on the successful quest. Looking forward to more reports.
Thanks Jaysuuun! Definitely more reports to come!

Very nice job out there !
Good to see that you stuck with it !
Keep up the hunt.....I see a big old legal in your near future!

Thanks Bones! Now the hunt is on for the 30in - New goal for me to achieved!

WTG on the Legal Halibut. Now you got the fever!
DR
Thx DocRat! Definitely go the fever, I've been itching to hit the surf since the week began, cant wait till the weekend!

Good job on the legal.
Thanks Smidge!!

iLLest
06-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Way to pull through and catching that legal hali.
I apologize for not introducing myself to ya on Saturday, I was "wired in" and focused on nailing a legal myself.
We'll meet again no worries :Cool:

Ulua1
06-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Way to pull through and catching that legal hali.
I apologize for not introducing myself to ya on Saturday, I was "wired in" and focused on nailing a legal myself.
We'll meet again no worries :Cool:

Thanks Illest! no appologies neccesary, I know what you mean by being wired in and focused, totally cool.
I'm sure we'll get to meet again on the water!

Take Care!

5150fishn
06-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Nice job bro. I haven't hit the surf in forever. Now I need to go. Thanks for the report.

sidified
06-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Way to succeed!
Cheers

Ulua1
06-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Nice job bro. I haven't hit the surf in forever. Now I need to go. Thanks for the report.

Way to succeed!
Cheers

Thanks guys!

ghetto dad
06-07-2011, 08:21 PM
GREAT job on the LEGALLLLLL!!!!!!!

thanks for the report!

GD

Ulua1
06-07-2011, 08:24 PM
GREAT job on the LEGALLLLLL!!!!!!!

thanks for the report!

GD

Thanks GD!

murrieta angler
06-09-2011, 07:37 AM
Ulua,
When I saw you there in the water and barely averting your attentiuon to us, as we came down the path, I knew you were on a mission.
Congrats with the legal and I hope you get that 30 soon, I still haven't been so lucky.
Robert
<><

Ulua1
06-09-2011, 08:27 AM
Ulua,
When I saw you there in the water and barely averting your attentiuon to us, as we came down the path, I knew you were on a mission.
Congrats with the legal and I hope you get that 30 soon, I still haven't been so lucky.
Robert
<><

Thanks Robert! I was 100% focused that day, kept telling myself, he wont elude me this time.

We'll both get that 30 soon, we just gotta keep at em!