PDA

View Full Version : Dear irvine, !!!!part 2..the vine repond.....

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-06-2011, 08:26 AM
We understand that some of you hardcore catfishermen love the 24 hr. fishing. With that said there is only a handful of you that would actually take advantage of the 24 hour fishing. I will propose to the board that we do a 24 hour fishing event for a "price" once per month. Here's the catch, in order to make it cost effective for Irvine Lake it will only be shore fishing. That way we don't have to pay dock workers, patrol on the water and we don't have to keep the store open. What do you think?

In addition to the 24 shore fishing. We can try to do a 24 hour fishing event for boaters. Once again for a "price" by reservation only. In short I would pre sell the event and see what we get. If I get enough people signed up and its cost effective for Irvine Lake then we will do it.

What do you think?

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-06-2011, 08:33 AM
We understand that some of you hardcore catfishermen love the 24 hr. fishing. With that said there is only a handful of you that would actually take advantage of the 24 hour fishing. I will propose to the board that we do a 24 hour fishing event for a "price" once per month. Here's the catch, in order to make it cost effective for Irvine Lake it will only be shore fishing. That way we don't have to pay dock workers, patrol on the water and we don't have to keep the store open. What do you think?

In addition to the 24 shore fishing. We can try to do a 24 hour fishing event for boaters. Once again for a "price" by reservation only. In short I would pre sell the event and see what we get. If I get enough people signed up and its cost effective for Irvine Lake then we will do it.

What do you think?
Thank you. that sound good to me. Like i said before i love fishing the vine its one of the better lakes. So to all that said they wouldnt well they did. Thats what makes them a great lake..They are willing to make there customer happy....THANK YOU AGAIN IRVINE LAKE!..So now its up to the fisherman to turn out in great numbers.

1.Perris bluegill chaser

hooks
06-06-2011, 09:20 AM
They ain't done it yet.
Not trying to stir the pot but many, like me have been fishing this place for years (30 for me). And nothing like this has happened b4 to my knowledge. If has been brought up many times in the past, you're not the 1st.
Now it's time to put up or shut up, and see if we care enough to make this happen.
tight lines...

PS - count me in !!!

TaperSteve
06-06-2011, 09:21 AM
I say nay.... all or nothing.

What about those who fish almost exclusively from a boat (I being one of them)? One of the best parts about catfish season at the Vine is being able to get out to those trees and underwater structure when it gets dark and anchor up for an evening under the stars.

Also like others said in the other thread, for the nighttime crappie anglers, the sun goes down, you put out your crappie lights and wait 60-90 mins for the bait ball to build up under your boat. If everything goes as planned then the bite starts to pick up by 10:30-11pm. With Jerry starting to chase everyone off the lake at 11:30pm that doesnt leave much time for the crappie anglers to take advantage of the nighttime bite. If the Vine decided to stay open longer for the shoreline anglers that kinda leaves the nighttime crappie anglers a**'d out.

I'd L0VE to see the Vine open for 24hr fishing but like I said above it should be all or nothing otherwise there might be alot of people raising their hand saying what about me?

TS

Big Daddy
06-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Thank you. that sound good to me. Like i said before i love fishing the vine its one of the better lakes. So to all that said they wouldnt well they did. Thats what makes them a great lake..They are willing to make there customer happy....THANK YOU AGAIN IRVINE LAKE!..So now its up to the fisherman to turn out in great numbers.

1.Perris bluegill chaser

1.Perris bluegill chaser
2. Big Daddy (if it is on a friday night on a boat) Thanks Irvine for the consideration of this

seal
06-06-2011, 09:42 AM

What do you think?

Do you think that maybe you should let Irvine generate a list when they are ready and not you? This post sounds like from your wording that you are asscociated with Irvine lake, you basically copied and pasted Vineline's text.

If you are taking a poll then you should generate a post with a poll question so you can then pass on those results to Irvine, this reads like a sign up sheet for an event that has been planned.

fish-o-haulic
06-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Ok there giving us A once a month deal. what more could you want. there not going to open it up everynight cuz its not cost effective. so thats out of the window. Havent read all the posts yet but if your asking for more thats sounding kinda greedy and ungrateful. Its not like they can just say oh hey wana have a all nighter even at irvine tomorrow, sure. it takes planning and most importantly money.

2quikmotorwerks
06-06-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm definitely down as long as its by boat

hooks
06-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Do you think that maybe you should let Irvine generate a list when they are ready and not you? This post sounds like from your wording that you are asscociated with Irvine lake, you basically copied and pasted Vineline's text.

If you are taking a poll then you should generate a post with a poll question so you can then pass on those results to Irvine, this reads like a sign up sheet for an event that has been planned.

:Sissy Fight::Smack::Pillow Fight::Nut Kick:

2quikmotorwerks
06-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Ok there giving us A once a month deal. what more could you want. there not going to open it up everynight cuz its not cost effective. so thats out of the window. Havent read all the posts yet but if your asking for more thats sounding kinda greedy and ungrateful. Its not like they can just say oh hey wana have a all nighter even at irvine tomorrow, sure. it takes planning and most importantly money.

Hold on peeps it still has to be approved first by the board, lets not start counting our chicks before they hatch

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-06-2011, 09:51 AM

no seal im not with the vine in ANYWAY....Yes i copied and pasted it so i could start another post...Im not to good with talking polls and making change...Im still trying to change the spelling on respond..lol....tey are talk, so let them talk......its not a sign up sheet......Im just showing that i willing to show up. DO YOU EVEN FISH FOR CATFISH?????????????

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-06-2011, 09:52 AM
hold on peeps it still has to be approved first by the board, lets not start counting our chicks before they hatch

you said they wouldn't respond many times.......

fish-o-haulic
06-06-2011, 09:55 AM
no seal im not with the vine in ANYWAY....Yes i copied and pasted it so i could start another post...Im not to good with talking polls and making change...Im still trying to change the spelling on respond..lol....tey are talk, so let them talk......its not a sign up sheet......Im just showing that i willing to show up. DO YOU EVEN FISH FOR CATFISH?????????????

PBC WHY ARE YOU YELLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. LOL. PBC it just sounds like your trying to make something official that isnt official. vineline said theyd talk about it. dont get overly excited about this. making this particualr thread i think was kinda unnecesary becuase now i think that alot people will take this out of context and start thinking something is set in stone. cause believe it or not thats how you made it sound.

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-06-2011, 09:56 AM
ok there giving us a once a month deal. What more could you want. There not going to open it up everynight cuz its not cost effective. So thats out of the window. Havent read all the posts yet but if your asking for more thats sounding kinda greedy and ungrateful. Its not like they can just say oh hey wana have a all nighter even at irvine tomorrow, sure. It takes planning and most importantly money.its better that nothing!

fish-o-haulic
06-06-2011, 09:59 AM
its better that nothing!

yes i understand. But in the wise words of 2quikmotorwerks. "dont count your chickens before they hatch" Your gonna make alot of people think somehting that simply isnt so. or stir the pot. Just saying your over enthusiasm about this will in the end having half the forum show up at the vine in a week from now at like 10 o'clock and have all them being sent home.

2quikmotorwerks
06-06-2011, 10:05 AM
you said they wouldn't respond many times.......

Never said they wouldn't respond, what I said was is that it wouldn't happen, and is still hasn't happened
What daniella said is that she would propose it to the board and go from there meaning that there still isn't 24hr.so I'll say it againg don't count ur chicks before they hatch

fish-o-haulic
06-06-2011, 10:07 AM
so I'll say it againg don't count ur chicks before they hatch

thank you !!!

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-06-2011, 10:07 AM
yes i understand. But in the wise words of 2quikmotorwerks. "dont count your chickens before they hatch" Your gonna make alot of people think somehting that simply isnt so. or stir the pot. Just saying your over enthusiasm about this will in the end having half the forum show up at the vine in a week from now at like 10 o'clock and have all them being sent home.

You should re-read what they said...

fish-o-haulic
06-06-2011, 10:10 AM

ok i re read it several times. point still remains your over enthusiasm isnt going to help anything. Reguardless of the fact that you arent sayin anything is final, your still making it sound it is. Im all for night fishing the vine. Just not gonna lose any sleep over it.

2quikmotorwerks
06-06-2011, 10:11 AM

You should re read it, its mearly a proprosal, and those get shut down all the time, so just chill out and we'll see how this unfolds

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-06-2011, 10:13 AM
When it happens i will buy your bait

fish-o-haulic
06-06-2011, 10:13 AM
You should re read it, its mearly a proprosal, and those get shut down all the time, so just chill out and we'll see how this unfolds

exactly. PBC your reading as if they said there gonna have it. they never said they were gonna have it. I think you need to comeback down to reality for a minute long enough to re read what they said. or take hooked on phonics or something.

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-06-2011, 10:16 AM
exactly. PBC your reading as if they said there gonna have it. they never said they were gonna have it. I think you need to comeback down to reality for a minute long enough to re read what they said. or take hooked on phonics or something.

Can i use yours

fish-o-haulic
06-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Can i use yours

Naw i threw it away a couple of weeks ago. Any way hooked on phonics wont help you here. Unless you offer it to the small children of the irvine board. =)

seal
06-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Well not sure what Hooks was trying to say but my only intent was to help possibly do things a more logical way. Have a poll with 2 questions, one for shore fishing 24 hrs and one for boat fishing 24 hrs, then you would have results in a place that could easily be passed on as opposed to a thread with idiots like me posting crap that doesn't pertain to the question itself then having to filter through all the crap to figure out what the results are.

And no PBC I prefer not to fish for cat's but night fishing for wipers and LMB's is of interest to me and although not currently an Irvine regular I've put more days on that lake in the past and partied in the line/camped more times than I can count, so I do have a little interest in this thread.

fish-o-haulic
06-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Well not sure what Hooks was trying to say but my only intent was to help possibly do things a more logical way. Have a poll with 2 questions, one for shore fishing 24 hrs and one for boat fishing 24 hrs, then you would have results in a place that could easily be passed on as opposed to a thread with idiots like me posting crap that doesn't pertain to the question itself then having to filter through all the crap to figure out what the results are.

And no PBC I prefer not to fish for cat's but night fishing for wipers and LMB's is of interest to me and although not currently an Irvine regular I've put more days on that lake in the past and partied in the line/camped more times than I can count, so I do have a little interest in this thread.

that sounds reasonable.

hooks
06-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Just sayin' (man, I knew I should of been out on the lake today!) they haven't even offered it yet. It's beginning to sound like it's for sure and some guys are making plans already or getting upset about it.
I'm in for this BUT it's a LONG way from happening now.
tight lines..

fish-o-haulic
06-06-2011, 10:39 AM
I dont doubt it will happen. Its just that PBC is making it sound like theres something set in stone. when there isnt.

blackberg
06-06-2011, 10:58 AM
well if enough people where to show PBC's enthusiasm, Irvine lake can see that there is real support, and when the board talks, they would be able to see that there at least a set number of people ready to give money to the lake.

I am sure they would like to have an idea of how many people are really interested before they spend more time and money into figuring out how feasible it is. Is it 2 people? 20? 100? you dont know, I dont know, they dont know...

-bb

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-06-2011, 11:04 AM
well if enough people where to show PBC's enthusiasm, Irvine lake can see that there is real support, and when the board talks, they would be able to see that there at least a set number of people ready to give money to the lake.

I am sure they would like to have an idea of how many people are really interested before they spend more time and money into figuring out how feasible it is. Is it 2 people? 20? 100? you dont know, I dont know, they dont know...

-bb

That all I'm doing.....

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-06-2011, 07:34 PM
That all I'm doing.....

vineline
06-06-2011, 07:53 PM
okay fellas take it easy.
Let me talk to the board and see what we can do.
The key here is support and so far, once again, its only a handful of you that
are talking about it.

I will do my best to come up with something.

Keep in mind if you qualify for the King of the Cats, it is an all night event.

Vineline:Cool:

fish-o-haulic
06-06-2011, 08:00 PM
are talking about it.

Thank you vineline for clearing some things up for us. Some of us got a little carried away.

Criss
06-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Thank you vineline for clearing some things up for us. Some of us got a little carried away.

I usually don't fish for catfish but one time I cought one at the duckt that was twenty five pounds. Then I sometimes fish for stripers but not usually cuz I thought maybe that it wasnt a striper but then it was. Trout usually will eat powerbait and knightcrawlers but not all the time..just sayin..Thanks vineline for your input on this.

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-06-2011, 08:39 PM
are talking about it.

if they dont support it i will never bring it up again.............

Hometown
06-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Maybe you can talk them into a event soon to gage the intrest example if 200 anglers show its a go and see what happens
are talking about it.

Keep in mind if you qualify for the king of the cats, it is an all night event.

Vineline:cool:

fish-o-haulic
06-06-2011, 08:41 PM
I usually don't fish for catfish but one time I cought one at the duckt that was twenty five pounds. Then I sometimes fish for stripers but not usually cuz I thought maybe that it wasnt a striper but then it was. Trout usually will eat powerbait and knightcrawlers but not all the time..just sayin..Thanks vineline for your input on this.

25lbs jeez. that was a monster.

Psych22
06-07-2011, 11:01 AM
I would love to do a 24hr session on the Vine, but by boat if possible.

hooks
06-07-2011, 11:18 PM
There is sure to be camping at the vine during this time. Some staff must(?) remain there for the campers, so having an extra guy for the patrol boat shouldn't be such a stretch and no need to have the store open any later then usual.
Hoping this happens.
:Applause:

LunkerBill
06-08-2011, 01:13 AM
If this is to happen,count me in as long as i can feesh from a boat.

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-08-2011, 08:31 PM
There is sure to be camping at the vine during this time. Some staff must(?) remain there for the campers, so having an extra guy for the patrol boat shouldn't be such a stretch and no need to have the store open any later then usual.
Hoping this happens.
:Applause:
me too...............