PDA

View Full Version : Swimbait fish... and i got a pluton

diamondvalleydaily
06-05-2011, 11:11 PM
sorry i haven't posted in a while, my phone sucks so i haven't been able to post. anyways, i cought two swimbait fish today and cought my first two yesterday!!!!!!!

Geraldlim
06-06-2011, 09:46 AM
What type of fish, how big, what swimbaits?
Pics please, if you have them.
Thanks.

tacklejunkie
06-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Where have you been Ivan? Been trying to text you. Did you break your phone or something?

What did you hook into bro? How you liking the crucial?

I saw your car down there the other day with my buddy but missed you guys.

diamondvalleydaily
06-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Srry no pics my phone is broken or else you would see them.. The first two were largies both about three pounds and the same the next day... The swimbait I have been using is the bbz 1 jr.

diamondvalleydaily
06-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah my phone broke so i havnt been able to talk and my pluton and crucial are so SICK!!!! i hooked some small largies nuthin over 4 pounds

seal
06-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Glad to hear the Jr. actually works, I've pounded Silverwood with that lure just knowing it should produce, I prefer working smaller baits, hate tossing 12" logs.

Congratulations!

jiggaman
06-06-2011, 06:35 PM
nice man!!!!!

tacklejunkie
06-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Yes the BBZ JR tears it up at Perris too. Good bait.
Got one today 5lbs 8oz lmb on the 8" punker at diamond on my new custom swimbait rod!
Congrats on the pluton. Will be next reel if my Luna ever dies.

diamondvalleydaily
06-06-2011, 07:41 PM
nice fish on punker ive been getting alot of followers and blow ups but no stick so ive been glued to the bbz1 jr. cuz its been producing..... i was gunna fish today but im to far away... Im glad someone else is catching swimbait fish... i guess they are just people that bait fish.

Booyah 2 Ya
06-07-2011, 06:34 PM
DVD - Glad to here you're back and sounds like you have your new gear. Great. Been fishing that spot you showed me on the other side. Picked up a 6.5 on Shell Cracker on the same bank you were throwing, maybe you should stick with one presentation for more than half a minute - Ha. Found a new spot just around the corner. Anyway, I'll be at my hot spot early afternoon on Wednesday and Saturday for sure....maybe Friday. Let me know if you will be around. No luck on Plunker yet for me. PS - Boys, in another post by TackleJunkie, he's dead on, this kid can fish, so next time your on your boat and you see a long haired kid fishing the shore, slow down, watch for a while and you might pick up a tip or two.

Matt_Magnone
06-07-2011, 08:31 PM
kid can hold his own for sure. i took him out in the boat with me not too long ago and showed him what i was doin. we wacked the crap out of the fish that day. 30 some odd fish a piece. we found a wild bite together that ripped for 2 weeks. the kid throws in a foot of clear water and gets bit. he sparked my intereste and my next few pitches were solid fish. good little fishin buddy! gonna try and get him out in one of the night derbies.

JAG107
06-11-2011, 03:18 PM
This has been a great thread. I just bought a BBZ 1 in Citrus, does that produce at DVL? DO stripers hit those that small, or am I better off with a "log"? Gonna go hit it tomorrow afternoon, I'll post up how it goes...

fishslayer22
06-11-2011, 03:53 PM
last weekend i got two to hit my triple trout (blue),both 5lb range.LOOKING FORWARD TO TOSSING MY SWIMBAIT ARSENAL.

sorry i haven't posted in a while, my phone sucks so i haven't been able to post. anyways, i cought two swimbait fish today and cought my first two yesterday!!!!!!!

CritrGitr
06-12-2011, 10:51 PM
jiggaman (shon), why don't you return the money you owe me for the reels that I purchased in April that you never sent.

diamondvalleydaily
06-24-2011, 01:28 PM
i never sold a reel to u????

tacklejunkie
06-24-2011, 04:54 PM
He's talking to another guy from the classified section of the website dude.

Sorry I've been lagging. Making new rods cause all mine broke or sold off. lol
See ya down there soon.

keepemlo
06-24-2011, 06:24 PM
You think that pluton is worth the mullah ,I'm on the fence .pluton or Luna if it's not that much better than why bother.

diamondvalleydaily
07-10-2011, 02:28 AM
i like the pluton and i think its worth the money but if u want in depth things a bout it ask tackle junkie he has great info about reels

kayakbass
07-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Buy it and use it. The reel never turned me down on lunker punker and 807 dobyns. Keep trying lunker different
variation speed you get them. Good luck guys

tacklejunkie
07-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Pluton and Luna are both amazing reels.
you will be happy with either one.
Sorry haven't been down to the lake for a bit guys. See you down there sooner than later. Catch a bunch of big fish for me. :Cool:

things are getting back to normal around here soon so I can fish again.

tacklejunkie
07-10-2011, 10:00 AM
If you can't afford the pluton go with the luna by all means or a Shimano.
I can't find any reason my Luna 253 needs to be replaced. I'd like to buy a pluton, but my luna has nothing wrong with it still and I beat it into the ground. No reason to replace it!

Booyah 2 Ya
07-13-2011, 07:26 PM
DV - got an open seat on sunday for you if you are around an a kill bass boat - TackleJunkie, if you hear from him can let the kid know he's got a PM? - that's if he hasn't used up all his minutes this month? Ha thanks bro, B2Y

tacklejunkie
07-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Haven't seen the lil bro in a while.
I haven't been down there much myself. Had a chance yesterday I should have taken and didn't!
I'll be down there soon. If I see him around here or there will let him know.