PDA

View Full Version : Nph 6/5/11

TroutKings3
06-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Hey guys,

My friends Jackson, Reed, and I hit NPH this morning at sunrise to wait for the tidal raise to begin. The conditions were great except for slightly mucky water at our first AO, and a colder water temperature than we wish it would have been. The arsenal today included 1/4 leadheads with 3" BH's in: X-Mas Tree, Red Herring, Atomic Punk, Key Lime, Ghost Shrimp, and Spottie Special. We threw everything at them, but only managed to land 4 total, with Jackson and I each getting 2 and Reed wearing the skunk. We did get horsed by 4 bat rays though, 3 of which decided to victimize me. :Evil:

Cheers!

(The pictures won't work for some reason, all the other photos in the album will except the two from this trip, bummer.)

PS. We also ran into 2 other groups of fishermen who were wearing the skunk. :Sad:

DockRat
06-06-2011, 06:36 AM
Good effort. How big were the Bat Rays ?
DR

TroutKings3
06-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Out of the three I hooked, the first one and the third one were big, and as soon as they realized they were hooked, they took off and robbed me of a bunch of line (12 lb P-Line holds surprisingly well) but the second one I could have landed, but the hook came out. He was probably 16-18" across or so.

Wingnut
06-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Try loading the pics through Photobucket. :Wink:
Yeah, those Mud Marlins will give you a run for the money. :Twisted:
My biggest one in the NPH was about 75 lbs on #10 lb test. :Shocked:
But we were on a boat. :LOL:
Thanks for the report. :Cool:

ryryk
06-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Go DUCKS
Thanks for the report :D

TroutKings3
06-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Try loading the pics through Photobucket. :Wink:
Yeah, those Mud Marlins will give you a run for the money. :Twisted:
My biggest one in the NPH was about 75 lbs on #10 lb test. :Shocked:
But we were on a boat. :LOL:
Thanks for the report. :Cool:

They are on Photobucket, that's the weird thing! All my other photos on there will upload to this site just fine except these two. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

murrieta angler
06-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Hey TK3!
I'm sorry I forgot your name but do remember the fishing.
Thanks for the rpeort,
Robert
<><