PDA

View Full Version : GVL 6-4 Dinkfest

phishin phool
06-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Fished from a boat at the dam for a limit by 9:30. Caught and released about 5 more. All dinks except one that went about a pound. All caught on red or orange power worms. Fishing was pretty good all around today that I saw but I'm pretty disappointed with the size of fish being planted at GVL, I caught 2 that were about 6".:Shocked: All I saw today was small fish. I know Jess Ranch throws in a few 6+ pounders but I guess the majority of them are dinks. I can spend $5 and float tube Jenks and catch all the dinks I want instead of payn $40. (boat) I know Im bitchin but I've fished up there for many years and just needed to vent.:Crying: Still an absolutly awesome summer lake, great scenery, people and management. Peace.:Thumbs Up:

fish-o-haulic
06-04-2011, 09:43 PM
at least thats another battle won against the skunk.

Cameron
06-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Should of put the 40 in the tank & drove up to BBL sorry ya just hit dinks but beats the skunk for sure.

Trout 1
06-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Fished from a boat at the dam for a limit by 9:30. Caught and released about 5 more. All dinks except one that went about a pound. All caught on red or orange power worms. Fishing was pretty good all around today that I saw but I'm pretty disappointed with the size of fish being planted at GVL, I caught 2 that were about 6".:Shocked: All I saw today was small fish. I know Jess Ranch throws in a few 6+ pounders but I guess the majority of them are dinks. I can spend $5 and float tube Jenks and catch all the dinks I want instead of payn $40. (boat) I know Im bitchin but I've fished up there for many years and just needed to vent.:Crying: Still an absolutly awesome summer lake, great scenery, people and management. Peace.:Thumbs Up:

I have fished the lake as far back as I can rember. I love GVL i call it my "home lake". My Uncle was up on thursday and seen the Jess Ranch stock, he said there was some monsters in there. Maybe you were hitting the DFG trout? I do know that the fishing hasn't went off yet, the water is still cold up there, the fish are sitting on the bottom right now. I will be heading up this week, Ill be sure to put a report up!

Drew

phishin phool
06-05-2011, 09:48 PM
fish o houlic: Amen to that!
Cameron: I've been debating on goin on up to BBL for awhile and tubing some bays or somethiung but I always do pretty darn good at GVL. Gonna give it a try maybe in a couple weeks. Any tips? Yep, cant complain about not gettin any at Green valley it almost always produces.
T1: Yeah me too bro, its my summer lake anyway, I know they put some nice ones in there, but I dont think its as much as they used to. You probably can remember the day when fish averaged 1.5-2 lbs, the last couple years they seem to be more around 1lb. thats an average, not the exception. But like I stated in my post its still one of the best summer trout lakes in so. cal. and I will remain a faithful customer and fan. And yep waters still a little chilly. I used my sonar on the rental boat and temp was around 54.

Trout 1
06-06-2011, 01:28 AM
fish o houlic: Amen to that!
Cameron: I've been debating on goin on up to BBL for awhile and tubing some bays or somethiung but I always do pretty darn good at GVL. Gonna give it a try maybe in a couple weeks. Any tips? Yep, cant complain about not gettin any at Green valley it almost always produces.
T1: Yeah me too bro, its my summer lake anyway, I know they put some nice ones in there, but I dont think its as much as they used to. You probably can remember the day when fish averaged 1.5-2 lbs, the last couple years they seem to be more around 1lb. thats an average, not the exception. But like I stated in my post its still one of the best summer trout lakes in so. cal. and I will remain a faithful customer and fan. And yep waters still a little chilly. I used my sonar on the rental boat and temp was around 54.

Yeah, Last year wanst to bad for me, I havent been up yet this season. (school) Last year my best day was, 25 fish everyone over 3lbs. biggest was 5lbs. Thats not the most I have got in one day up there though. Idk, alot of people bash the lake at the beging of the season, but they go back and have nothing but good things to say about the lake. Im sure they are putting smaller fish, the town isnt as big as it used to be, im sure you know the genral store is now closed. We should get together and fish it somtime, Iam sure I have seen you up there before.

Drew

Rot8
06-06-2011, 09:12 PM

I know what you mean about the Dinkfest Phishin pool. It is pretty frustrating because they are so small, you barely get a bend in the rod. I have been up twice so far and the action was slow. I realize the water temp is cold and I did see some lunkers being caught, but far and few between are the 6-7 inchers. At least they are tasty when they are pan-size but I go for the fight, not the food. Thanks for the report.

rot8

Ultralight
06-22-2011, 02:21 PM
What are they charging currently to fish from shore?

Thanks,
UL

phishin phool
06-22-2011, 07:57 PM
$15. Just set up and they will come around and collect.
What are they charging currently to fish from shore?

Thanks,
UL