PDA

View Full Version : pudd skunked again... help!

lwang0202
06-04-2011, 08:21 PM
i went to the pudd today and went to the east shore where theres like a lil cove. saw billions of huge carps jus swimming around but none of them bit! anyone know of any good carp bait? saw one catfish around there but then when i threw in my line with catfish bait it jus disappeared. anyone know of any good spots to fish at? PM me if u dont wanna make it public. im planning on going to pudd every weekend until i catch a fish! tired of getting skunked! so someone please help =(

rondog4405
06-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Wish I could offer some tips.. but that lake frustrates the hell outta me too! Was out there yesterday for a few hours. Threw alot of different baits without a single bite. Keep in mind I was shore fishind also. Im sure its prob more productive from a boat but im done with that place! I hate the pudd! Lol.. in my opinion ...prado lake has a 100x better bass fishing. Sure there isn't alot of big bass in prado.. but there are alot of good size bass in there.. and you don't have to fish for hours and hours and hours to get a single bite like at puddingstone. In fact ..I've never even seen a single bass in person there. Im sure theyre in there........somewhere...????

lwang0202
06-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Wish I could offer some tips.. but that lake frustrates the hell outta me too! Was out there yesterday for a few hours. Threw alot of different baits without a single bite. Keep in mind I was shore fishind also. Im sure its prob more productive from a boat but im done with that place! I hate the pudd! Lol.. in my opinion ...prado lake has a 100x better bass fishing. Sure there isn't alot of big bass in prado.. but there are alot of good size bass in there.. and you don't have to fish for hours and hours and hours to get a single bite like at puddingstone. In fact ..I've never even seen a single bass in person there. Im sure theyre in there........somewhere...????

yea the spot i was at i kept hearing some crazy splashes where the high grass and trash is. every 10 minutes it sounded like the fish were fighting in there. i had one bite where it bent my rod like crzy twice in a row but by the time i ran to my pole the fish was gone =( ivee been to prado. i usually go at night but i only catch cat fish there. not much of a fight. its like they walk towards u when u hook one

Oban
06-05-2011, 04:51 AM
The splashes you hear are almost always carp. They like to jump straight out and make lots of noise. On rare occasion its a bass chasing fry in the shallows, but I am convinced there aint no bass to chase the fry. :Razz:

I've been out of luck at Pudd for a awhile. I assume its the afternoon/evening bite that is completely shut off. I go a few times a week and was doing pretty good in April, but haven't had a bass in May.

I'm not the only one on the shore hasn't been catching anything either. I usually ask, and no one ever has had any bites. Walked around the lake with my mom on Memorial weekend (not fishing) and only one person had a fish, a recently planted catfish, on a nightcrawler. I blame the hundreds of bucket fisherman for my drought!
Friend got a pretty bass last week, but I think he must have photoshopped the bass into picture while I was around the corner. :LOL:

I've been playing with panfish on the flyrod so I don't get completely skunked, but even that is slowing to a crawl.

lwang0202
06-05-2011, 10:44 AM
yea i might end up going to a different lake. but does anyone know a good way to catch them carp?they were HUGE! i tried nightcrawlers and bread already but no bites. they'll jus swim right by my bait. i was so tempted to just net them when they got close but that jus destroys the whole purpose of fishing.

vanillagurilla
06-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Corn tortillas... Shhhh.

TheAsianGuy
06-05-2011, 05:39 PM
You can pretty much throw the entire refrigerator size bait of all sort into the lake, and they won't come. Same goes with Lake Evans. Carps and basses where flying out of the water right next to live and dough baits of all flavors right next to them. They just swam and danced around our baits like those baits were hot plutonium. Plenty of nibbles, ripping the baits apart. No solid bites.

old pudd fisher
06-05-2011, 07:14 PM
You can pretty much throw the entire refrigerator size bait of all sort into the lake, and they won't come. Same goes with Lake Evans. Carps and basses where flying out of the water right next to live and dough baits of all flavors right next to them. They just swam and danced around our baits like those baits were hot plutonium. Plenty of nibbles, ripping the baits apart. No solid bites.

I have noticed that i wonder why that happens ? Are they just to well fed or just smarter then us. Evans and the Pudd seem to be like that, at least for me.

lwang0202
06-05-2011, 07:47 PM
I have noticed that i wonder why that happens ? Are they just to well fed or just smarter then us. Evans and the Pudd seem to be like that, at least for me.

i would think they are SUPER well fed. those carp seem HUGE! hopefully its not the ppl that are jus going there to eat and bbq and throwing bread into the water to feed them.

TonyLisa
06-05-2011, 07:58 PM
i once read that carp are very smart, they'll recognice baits and stay away but i have caught them fly fishing

fish-o-haulic
06-05-2011, 09:56 PM
yea the spot i was at i kept hearing some crazy splashes where the high grass and trash is. every 10 minutes it sounded like the fish were fighting in there. i had one bite where it bent my rod like crzy twice in a row but by the time i ran to my pole the fish was gone =( ivee been to prado. i usually go at night but i only catch cat fish there. not much of a fight. its like they walk towards u when u hook one

go fish natural raised catfish, then talk to me about they dont give a fight. LoL haha. those natural raised catfish are like pulling a bathtub from the bottom of a lake. i do agree that stocker catfish are far too easy though. haha

smokehound
06-06-2011, 12:30 AM
i once read that carp are very smart, they'll recognice baits and stay away but i have caught them fly fishingThat's correct. Carp are also occasionally predatory. many an angler has been fooled into thinking he caught the park-lake bass of his lifetime, while tossing a big swimbait, only to pull in a behemoth carp, instead! The good thing about carp-fishing, is they adore people-food.

I've caught them on lunch meat, strawberries, greenbeans, and peas. Legumes are an excellent carp bait.

Catfish love them, too, especially stockers.

dday07
06-09-2011, 11:19 AM
fish for bass like me,i seem to end up with carp on my line

Cartman
06-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Find a quiet place for the carp and fish light (4# to 6# maximum) and be patient. Sometimes it takes a while to catch 'em, but it is so totally worth it. Fantastic game fish. They get huge and they fight like the devil. I have always had good luck with sweet corn, and I have caught some pretty big ones at the Pudd.