PDA

View Full Version : overnight at silverwood??????/

christainmetalhead909
06-03-2011, 11:06 PM
does anyone know if you can fish overnight at the damat lake silverwood?? i wanted to take my little brother on a few local overnight trips. not looking to set up a tent and make a campsite but just wanna fish most of the night and hang out. any one have any ideas???????????/

tacklejunkie
06-04-2011, 04:07 AM
Sending PM..

seal
06-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Nope Silverwood closes at sundown.

The sun shines 24 hours over Silverwood but the damn wind blows 24 hrs too!

evosamurai
06-05-2011, 12:25 AM
good question, i will be camping there in august, would i be able to fish throughout the night?

seal
06-05-2011, 07:32 AM
YES!!! But you will have to hike down to the lake the roads down to the lake close at 9:00pm.

Cameron
06-05-2011, 10:19 AM
YES!!! But you will have to hike down to the lake the roads down to the lake close at 9:00pm.

I agree we use to fish it at night when I was a kid with my older brother & some friends but always had to park outside & hike down to the water. I was real young so I just watched the adults get drunk & try to hit their bells with rocks,lol. As a child there was nothing better than a drunk stumbling to get to his pole after I hit the bell in the glow of a lantern.

christainmetalhead909
06-05-2011, 10:26 AM
haha thats hilarious!!! that will be us haha. thanks for all the info everyone, im excited to check it out. what type of fish should i try to fish for at night???? i really want to try and catch stripers but i dont know if they bite at night. ill be trying to fish for all species im just trying to catch some fish.

seal
06-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Nope stripers never bite at night, especially at Silverwood.

That was more sarcasm, night fishing for stripers is the best time to fish for um.

christainmetalhead909
06-05-2011, 12:07 PM
oh sweet thanks haha.do you know if they just hit bait at night or lures too?

also just wondering if anyone knows anything about that back road that comes around past the dam parking. i saw it on google maps. i never knew about that road

seal
06-05-2011, 08:06 PM
bait at night lures too?

Yes........

Hooked Up
06-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Yes, there is a back road that goes around the lake. It is used mainly by off road vehicles. The road is kinda beat up, but I didn't go to far back there. But there are some fishing spots if you do not mind walking a little. GL

seal
06-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Yes, there is a back road that goes around the lake. It is used mainly by off road vehicles. The road is kinda beat up, but I didn't go to far back there. But there are some fishing spots if you do not mind walking a little. GL

He mentioned camping so from the campground there are a couple walking trails down to the lake, you are talking about the back road behind the dam. The road is worse this year since the bad rains but I don't have any problems getting around with a 2wd truck but a lot of guys that go back there are driving like Honda's and stuff, wouldn't recomend it and if you do go SLOW, especially when coming out in the dark!!!!

christainmetalhead909
06-06-2011, 10:20 AM
He mentioned camping so from the campground there are a couple walking trails down to the lake, you are talking about the back road behind the dam. The road is worse this year since the bad rains but I don't have any problems getting around with a 2wd truck but a lot of guys that go back there are driving like Honda's and stuff, wouldn't recomend it and if you do go SLOW, especially when coming out in the dark!!!!

i was talking about the road by the dam. i dont think i will be taking that road i have a lowered mustang and it doesnt do well offroad haha thanks for the info though so i didnt try to go out there.

RTG
06-08-2011, 12:14 PM
i was talking about the road by the dam. i dont think i will be taking that road i have a lowered mustang and it doesnt do well offroad haha thanks for the info though so i didnt try to go out there.

No matter where you park you better put everything in a locked trunk. Lots of idiots out there breaking into cars and trucks, whether you park on Highway 138, or the dirt road. Better be careful!

christainmetalhead909
06-08-2011, 02:24 PM
No matter where you park you better put everything in a locked trunk. Lots of idiots out there breaking into cars and trucks, whether you park on Highway 138, or the dirt road. Better be careful!

dang man that blows, thanks for the heads up my car has a good security system on it but wont stop people from a break and dash real fast. i definatly wont be walking to far away from my car.

seal
06-08-2011, 02:30 PM
RTG is correct again, you are on a roll! I don't like night fishing the dam because of this, I keep too much fishing crap in my truck. There are a few turnouts further around the lake that are safer but if you come to a spot with broken automobile glass probably not a good spot to park.