PDA

View Full Version : San Dimas Reservoir

MRVRSICK
06-03-2011, 09:09 PM
A year ago I went up to the res and actually went up to the station right there to ask if fishing was allowed. The ranger said that as long as I could get to the water safely, it was fine. In fact, he saw no problem with me parking in the lot! Got to the water relatively easily, but didn't have any gear. Haven't gone since.

Just wondering if anyone has even thought of going up there, fished it, or has known someone who has.

Trout Daddy
06-04-2011, 11:47 AM
They used to stock that body of water with trout back in the early 90's went there with my grandpa alot. Im not sure when the last time they stocked it was.......

MRVRSICK
06-04-2011, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't expect any trout, I was thinking more in the bass and sunfish areas.

Oban
06-04-2011, 03:08 PM
I tried heading up there a week or two ago, but there was no parking and everything was fenced off.

There is a break in the fence where there is a 5 foot or so drop/slope that leads to the ramp down to the water, but the ramp itself was gated. I left because it would have been a long walk from the closest parking turnout, and I wasn't sure if it was legal. I should have asked the staff at the dam.. shoot.

CPT. Kirk
06-04-2011, 04:13 PM
I have caught bass their in the pass but it has been years ago it use to be a great top water lake for bass.