PDA

View Full Version : perchin Dave new PB

exfactor
06-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Did the 3 hour tour this afternoon up in north country. conditions were an hour before, and after low tide. sand crabs everywhere, swells were 2 to 3 foot, and rolling in. Started out pretty good, with a couple on the LC, and the grub. then we got to the ebb portion of the tide, and it went slow for an hour. As the water started moving again, they returned, but not the mamas like before. Dave had good fights 7 times today........................with the rocks,ting pow kablooey. lol He spent at LEAST an hour retying gear, and still caught 15. I only lost a couple rigs, and caught 10. Biggun today was 14 inch BSP.

Which Way Out
06-03-2011, 09:35 PM
How far did you and Dave go today Mikey? Roy and I went north yesterday(thursday) as well. We got scratch:Sad:. The both of us also got dunked at least once.:Embarrassed:

Congrats on the fishing.

Wingnut
06-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Nice session gentlemen... if conditions improves next week, I'll be paying you guys a visit up there. :Wink:
Gotta get up in a few hours, S.W.A.T. will be on an exploratory mission at greylight. :Secret:

Perchin' Dave
06-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Exfactor - Except for the first few minutes, it was a challenging day. It was only our skill and knowledge of reading the water that gave us results on a less than perfect day. But, wew! spending half of the fishable time retying? Sheesh. The last couple of weeks have washed away all the sand and there were rocks everywhere. For Saturday the water is -flat- in north county, and on the perch side of things, no waves of the right size, no movement, and that results in no perch bite. The salad was manageable however and the water looked healthy. Good to catch you on the water Mike. Perchin' Dave

bones
06-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Good job up north Boyz.......I have a favor to ask.....STOP BLOWIN up there will YA !!!
Yer damn wind swell has UPWELLED my whole A.O. and water temps dropped by 5 degrees !
It's June for crying out loud !
I know this hurts Dave......I want perch weather to go away now please!
Looking to visit you soldiers soon but hey......We just got some decent grunion runs down here....Yippie !

exfactor
06-04-2011, 11:37 AM
If I could make it go away, I would have done that a long time ago Mike. All the sand is gone in our AO, and its 52 degrees in the water. I hope the SWAT crew faired better this morning. But, it's flattening out on the ocean as we speak, and i forsee some good island counts this weekend.

DockRat
06-05-2011, 07:05 AM
14" is Huge. WTG
DR

murrieta angler
06-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Hey Guys!
Nice work with the perchies.
14" is a very nice size perch.
I know I will get up there sometime, just not sure when.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

flyngby
06-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Nice session gentlemen!

Still looking for my first piggie over 10"

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/CityShrimp.jpg