PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishermen Beware!

Hooked Up
06-03-2011, 06:49 PM
It has come to my attention that the new fad is, that women are buying the feathers (hackles) used to tie flies with. Some fly shops are actually running out of certain ones!:EyePop: I better stock up! :) Article is on Yahoo homepage today.

Oban
06-03-2011, 07:05 PM
It's been growing in popularity for awhile now. I saw articles written 6+ months back on some tying websites on how its killed hackle prices already.

Hopefully the fad passes quickly. Maybe PETA will swarm the fashonistas and browbeat them into synthetics.

gogreeenz4
06-03-2011, 07:57 PM
i jumpd on the grenade and made some for some bucks dood they are chargen 5 bucks for 1 single hackle feather so they pay for the whole pack of 20 for just 1 feather hahahahahahahahahha girls are bying um for 40 to 45 bucks a peice for 4 or 5 hackle feathers hahahahaha love this silly woman. they ***** i spend to much on fishing gear well there spendin way to much on fishing gear..ahahahahahahahahaha happy friday all

Geraldlim
06-03-2011, 08:18 PM
I did the reverse - bought hackle and marabou from Michaels targeted at women!
Good price too.

seal
06-03-2011, 09:07 PM
If you have an Indian Pow Wow in your area hit them up for material. They sell um for headresses and much cheaper than fly shops.

Hooked Up
06-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Good idea seal! There is a Pow Wow once a year 10 mins. from my house. I will check it out. Thanks :)