PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catching stripers from shore?

fasttimes90
06-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Hello was just wondering if anyone is catching stripers from shore and how? soaking baits or lures?

sweetfish
06-03-2011, 02:41 PM
An angler caught six from shore just east of the launch ramp using flies (blue /white) on Memorial day in the morning. Biggest going around 5 pounds.

flyman
06-04-2011, 08:17 AM
What baits are working out there at dvl for stripers??

Karyn
06-04-2011, 08:22 AM
I've gone recently and have seen this guy catch them on the plastic fish looking things. The ones he uses are pretty big- maybe 8 inches or so. I've seen them at Walmart. He tosses it out there, and reels it in- over and over again. I've seen him catch fish. He usually goes near the rocks. He said stripers are the best fish for eating? I've never had one, so I don't know.

HawgZWylde
06-04-2011, 08:39 AM
I've gone recently and have seen this guy catch them on the plastic fish looking things. The ones he uses are pretty big- maybe 8 inches or so. I've seen them at Walmart. He tosses it out there, and reels it in- over and over again. I've seen him catch fish. He usually goes near the rocks. He said stripers are the best fish for eating? I've never had one, so I don't know.

Sounds like a Triple Trout, or perhaps a Lunker Punker. Huddlestons & Castaics will work as well. But once shad start coming up, go with spoons and shad immitation swim baits...

fish-o-haulic
06-04-2011, 12:45 PM
My uncle tot me sometimes to use kastmasters like the really big ones, during a striper boil. ive caught like 4-6 lbers on them. but that was back when i would fish off a boat more often. i havent fished on a boat in like 2 years now. when pyramid gets there rentals back, or when castaic picks back up ill probably rent one again. Its gettin about time to troll for bass of the striped variety.

Ifishtoolittle
06-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Stripers are an interesting fish. A saltwater fish in a confined body of water they're almost too difficult to understand if one does not consistently fish for them.

jaggerbub
06-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Anchovies work great if u wanna relax and fish. Cut one up into 3 pieces. Pin one piece on a #4 hook with 8 or 10 lb line carolina rigged and toss it out.

jaggerbub
06-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Oh, and if u wanna work for them, pick up a pack of zoom flukes and a few lead heads. Work it near rockpiles or the damn and u should hook up a few nice ones. I was fishing the colorado river about 2 weeks ago and we were slaying them that way from shore.