PDA

View Full Version : Dear Irvine Lake, We as anglers WANT 24 hours fishing at IRVINE LAKE

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-03-2011, 09:14 AM
We love your lake. I want to be able to wake at 4 in the morning hearing my bell going off..... Not some big truck on the Hwy blowing his horn...I want to see other anglers catching fish, Not someone on the side of the road fixing a flat tire....just saying...

hooks
06-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Good luck with that.....
It'll never happen. :Sad:

2quikmotorwerks
06-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Good luck with that.....
It'll never happen. :Sad:
Ditto, thats never going to happen, it be sweet if it were to happen but lets face it theres only a few die hard catfisherman that would fish it if they did have 24hrs. even when they stayed open to 2 a few yrs ago there were only a handfull of us that actually stayed til 2.
Most the guys are off the lake by 11 or 12, hence why they changed the hour of close till 12.
And lets face it the bottom line is if it dont make dollars it doesnt make sense.

i feed fish
06-03-2011, 10:46 AM
I disagree with those who think there is no market for this. If I could I would fish that lake a night from say 11pm til 6am. I fish pretty much exclusively at night as it is but I think you are underestimating the number of people that night fish and not just for cats.

2quikmotorwerks
06-03-2011, 10:53 AM
I disagree with those who think there is no market for this. If I could I would fish that lake a night from say 11pm til 6am. I fish pretty much exclusively at night as it is but I think you are underestimating the number of people that night fish and not just for cats.sure there is a market for it but not enough to justify staying open 24hrs on weekend, even more so when the price double or triples, now yes if they offererd 24hrs for 22 dollars thered be a grip of people that would probly fish it but whats the odds of that happening, not to mention the crappy economy paying 40 50 60 bucks will be hard for some people thus limiting the attendance meaning the lake will actually be losing money.

It takes alot more to keep irvine running then a couple of mud holes

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-03-2011, 11:29 AM
sure there is a market for it but not enough to justify staying open 24hrs on weekend, even more so when the price double or triples, now yes if they offererd 24hrs for 22 dollars thered be a grip of people that would probly fish it but whats the odds of that happening, not to mention the crappy economy paying 40 50 60 bucks will be hard for some people thus limiting the attendance meaning the lake will actually be losing money.

It takes alot more to keep irvine running then a couple of mud holes

not true......if we demand it, and stop taking there side..it will happened!!!!!!!!

2quikmotorwerks
06-03-2011, 11:38 AM
not true......if we demand it, and stop taking there side..it will happened!!!!!!!!
keep thinking that, now dont get me wrong daniella and staff do a great job of listening to their consumers and do what they can to make us happy but dont hold your breath on this one

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-03-2011, 11:58 AM
i would even go for once a month doing the catfish season

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-03-2011, 03:26 PM
no reply...

2quikmotorwerks
06-03-2011, 04:15 PM
no reply...
your not going to get one, at one time or another everyone has requested 24hr fishing at the vine and nothing has and never will come of it, ur kinda beating a dead horse.

Hooked Up
06-03-2011, 04:51 PM
I have to agree with 2quikmotorwerks. If "Irvine Lake " thought it would be profitable they would do it. Maybe it's because SARL is open 24hrs. Friday & Saturday? Hmmm-I wonder? GL

Thisfool
06-03-2011, 05:09 PM
im sure if they were to do it as an event or 24 hour turnny it would make a butt load of cash

but the way i think about it irvine already has a kick *** sweet deal $22 and if you want you can fish from 6am to 12am that is 18 hours of fishing right there. plent of time to chase after evry spicies they have in the lake. last year IN August people with lead core and down riges were still catching trout on the troll and the water is even higher this year so you should be able to do that this year. im going to be chasing grand slams and hat tricks all summer.

hooks
06-03-2011, 05:26 PM
It was in late June several years ago, when I had a brown that was about 25 pounds swim up to the bow of my boat in the flats. I don't think many of really the big ones were caught this year. I'll be on the look out too. :Shocked:

smokehound
06-03-2011, 06:06 PM
No point in camping if I cant fish. Kinda stupid IMO, since kitties are most active past 12 am...

trollmiester
06-03-2011, 06:10 PM
i totaly agree exactly what 2 quick said.Talk is cheap and money talks.it would have to be atleast 60 dollars and it would have very little support.How many cold nights i have fished in the last 30 years and have seen only 5 boats after 12.Irvine has it down just perfect dont rock the boat,lolol

hooks
06-03-2011, 06:22 PM
No point in camping if I cant fish. Kinda stupid IMO, since kitties are most active past 12 am...

I usually start getting hit real well just as dark falls @ da' Vine.
The right bait is the key. The vine will probably be low on mack. this summer, (as it's hard to get this year for some reason). So be prepared, I like to use raw shrimp too!
I'd love to fish well past midnight too and do when I get the chance.
:Wink:

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-03-2011, 06:39 PM
i totaly agree exactly what 2 quick said.Talk is cheap and money talks.it would have to be atleast 60 dollars and it would have very little support.How many cold nights i have fished in the last 30 years and have seen only 5 boats after 12.Irvine has it down just perfect dont rock the boat,lolol

that what we pay for the other lakes....you have only seen 5 boats because its not 24 hr...they would get more support if we didnt have to drive home in the middle of the night...just saying

blackberg
06-03-2011, 06:45 PM
it might be worth if it was held like once a month, like that everyone who is willing to do it, can do it at the same time
-bb

Hitts0n
06-03-2011, 07:00 PM
it might be worth if it was held like once a month, like that everyone who is willing to do it, can do it at the same time
-bb

I agree with this. Or at least hold it back til 2am.When it closes at 12am,we only have like 2 hours of nightf ishings ince u have to be off the water
by 12am.So that mean u have to pack upa nd head off the lake by 11:20am when jerry tells us to.

Irvine.............Bring the night fishing back until 2am !!! At least !!

crappiemike
06-03-2011, 07:40 PM
I agree with this. Or at least hold it back til 2am.When it closes at 12am,we only have like 2 hours of nightf ishings ince u have to be off the water
by 12am.So that mean u have to pack upa nd head off the lake by 11:20am when jerry tells us to.

Irvine.............Bring the night fishing back until 2am !!! At least !!

summer time hours, it gets dark around 8 to 9 pm so you put out
your lights and it takes an hour or so for your bait to build,, then
wait for some fish,, its at least 10:30 ish before it starts to happen;
i'm with hitts on this one..............

2am closing is the best, or do some 24 hour fishing every once in
a-while ........

cm

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-03-2011, 09:04 PM
summer time hours, it gets dark around 8 to 9 pm so you put out
your lights and it takes an hour or so for your bait to build,, then
wait for some fish,, its at least 10:30 ish before it starts to happen;
i'm with hitts on this one..............

2am closing is the best, or do some 24 hour fishing every once in
a-while ........

cm

mike you and hitts......are right on.....

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-03-2011, 09:05 PM
-bb

thats right, let at lest try it once a month

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-03-2011, 09:06 PM
vine asst....im not going to let this go.......

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-03-2011, 09:10 PM
i know you are reading this post......just tell your great customers why you wont do it.......Do you still love us.....

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-03-2011, 09:14 PM
and for the people who are reading this...PLEASE SPEAK YOUR MIND!!!! THAT'S WHAT THIS SITE IS ALL ABOUT

2quikmotorwerks
06-04-2011, 02:32 AM
and for the people who are reading this...PLEASE SPEAK YOUR MIND!!!! THAT'S WHAT THIS SITE IS ALL ABOUT
hold up this site isnt about making demands and such. its about posting reports and sharing tips, second irvine lake is privately owned, either u want to fish there or you dont ,third you can speak your mind all you want 24hr just isnt going to happen, just except it for what it is and move on, its not going to happen.

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-04-2011, 07:49 AM
hold up this site isnt about making demands and such. its about posting reports and sharing tips, second irvine lake is privately owned, either u want to fish there or you dont ,third you can speak your mind all you want 24hr just isnt going to happen, just except it for what it is and move on, its not going to happen.

DO YOU WORK FOR THE VINE?............1.we can talk about anything, maybe i should have put it in another forum.2. I know its a private lake, but if they have enough people waning to come at night, and can make money at it they will. 3.DO YOU WORK FOR THEY VINE. 4. If you don't like this post stop READING IT.5. THis post is for the people who feel like i do....6.I love fishing the vine i will be there for the opening.

karalm
06-04-2011, 08:26 AM
PBC,
A private lake is like a resturant, they reserve the right to wait on or feed you. You are now banned from fishing the vine ~(:-)

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-04-2011, 09:05 AM
PBC,
A private lake is like a resturant, they reserve the right to wait on or feed you. You are now banned from fishing the vine ~(:-)

see you on the water

blackberg
06-04-2011, 09:51 AM
why would they ban him? a paying customer that wants to fish longer hours

and like any business, if there is a demand for something, and if they think they can make more money than it costs them to do it, ie a profit, then there is a chance for them to do it.

-bb

2quikmotorwerks
06-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Pbc, you can go on and on with this, its just not going to happen, and no I don't work for the vine however I fished the lake for a while now and this subject has been brought up over and over again and nothing has came from it. Like I said it there simply isn't enough people that would fish the vine for a 24hr. If they barely had enough fishing to 2am why in the hell would they have 24hrs on fri and sat?because they love the customers so much? Lol yea right. Its because there's no money to be made for maybe the 20 fishermen that might fish it.lets see lets say they charge 60 a person and they get 20 people, that's 1200 a night so 2400 bucks for the weekend, now after they pay security, someone to stay in the shop, dock workers etc etc not to mention the extra fish that would have to be stocked oh and lets not forget insurance where do you see any profit made? Like I said man dollars and sense.

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Pbc, you can go on and on with this, its just not going to happen, and no I don't work for the vine however I fished the lake for a while now and this subject has been brought up over and over again and nothing has came from it. Like I said it there simply isn't enough people that would fish the vine for a 24hr. If they barely had enough fishing to 2am why in the hell would they have 24hrs on fri and sat?because they love the customers so much? Lol yea right. Its because there's no money to be made for maybe the 20 fishermen that might fish it.lets see lets say they charge 60 a person and they get 20 people, that's 1200 a night so 2400 bucks for the weekend, now after they pay security, someone to stay in the shop, dock workers etc etc not to mention the extra fish that would have to be stocked oh and lets not forget insurance where do you see any profit made? Like I said man dollars and sense.

I know they probably want do anything, just wishing. If i could have drummed enough support, and people wiling to fish (maybe a few 100)lol. Then who knows. I will buy you a beer when i see you on the water.

karalm
06-04-2011, 02:10 PM
see you on the water

No you will not, you are Banned from the Vine......

blackberg
06-04-2011, 02:43 PM

So are you a vine-troll or something? all but two of your posts have in the irvine lake forum
-bb

catfish 17
06-04-2011, 02:55 PM

wow, people just need attention.

bluehunter
06-04-2011, 04:23 PM
2quick is correct on dis. They would be losing dollars to do it like Sarl is doing. Very few people be out there past midnight over the 25 years I been fishing ity. Heck they use to close at 11pm and had 2 sessions way back n the day ( day and eveining). At one time they did have a 24 hr thing a few times I can see doing that once or twice during the cat season. But not every weekend. Can not have these lakes like the open waters off in the boon docks where you can fish all day and night. Plus it would take paying personnel to make that happen too just not applicable for the Vine at this time when especially anglers are cutting back on there fishing and not going as much as they use too. Yall know it aint going to happen so might as well move on to the next thing thats doable and applicable.

B

karalm
06-04-2011, 07:23 PM
So are you a vine-troll or something? all but two of your posts have in the irvine lake forum
-bb

BB, your doing too much homework for this forum.

troutdog
06-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Persoanlly I would be happy with a couple of Saturday nights a summer where the lake is open till 2am, gets dark around 8:45-9pm during the middle of summer leaving 2.5 hours of fishing the "night bite". I would think a late July and a mid August datewould be ideal (maybe charge an extra $5 that day), the reason people didn't fish past midnight a couple years back because it was so damn cold in June and the first 2 weeks of July. Nothing better than beating the mid summer heat than being outdoors under the stars. Besides Jimmy is going to need the extra hours to pay for his engagement ring! :LOL:

A couple Saturdays open till 2am this summer and I'm doing cartwheels...c'mon just a couple dates this summer!

TD

BRING IT
06-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Persoanlly I would be happy with a couple of Saturday nights a summer where the lake is open till 2am, gets dark around 8:45-9pm during the middle of summer leaving 2.5 hours of fishing the "night bite". I would think a late July and a mid August datewould be ideal (maybe charge an extra $5 that day), the reason people didn't fish past midnight a couple years back because it was so damn cold in June and the first 2 weeks of July. Nothing better than beating the mid summer heat than being outdoors under the stars. Besides Jimmy is going to need the extra hours to pay for his engagement ring! :LOL:

A couple Saturdays open till 2am this summer and I'm doing cartwheels...c'mon just a couple dates this summer!

TD

engagement ring thats is as funny as 24 hr fishing. j/k norm

fish-o-haulic
06-04-2011, 10:12 PM
I see nothing wrong with it being opened for at least a couple a nights a year or something. maybe once a month or once every other month. as far as all the time i kinda doubt it. Theres just not really a demand for it. yes some of you are demanding for it now, but 5 or ten people wanting the hours of a lake to change which would mean losing money for the lake isnt worth it. besides its not about some of you would fish it sometimes all night. it would have to be alot of people (more than ten) fishing it nightly, night after night, not just five of you doing it sometimes. you also have to think about that. As much as im sure the people at irvine would love to open this lake up at night it wouldnt be worth it for them. If they can make a consistent amount of money off of it, enough to keep it going then its not worth it. Again once a month or once every other month would be fine.

blackberg
06-05-2011, 12:46 AM
BB, your doing too much homework for this forum.

you mad because I called you out? didnt even take 2 minutes.

-bb

smokehound
06-05-2011, 01:24 AM

TDThat's reasonable. A couple of late-nighters wouldn't hurt.

No you will not, you are Banned from the Vine......Welcome to FNN. Your post was moronic. Just 'sayin.

dixoncider
06-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Seems like if they did it on a Saturday night it would only be a few more hours of labor costs. If they close at 2400 and open at 0600. Night guy stays 3 hours late on O/T and the day guy comes in early on O/T..Do they not have somebody there anyway's due to people camping.? Not that I want to be out there all night.

blackberg
06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
kind of similar to what castaic is doing during the summer with their moonlight fishing...4 times during the summer, they stay open till 2am.
-bb

fish-o-haulic
06-05-2011, 04:40 PM

please tell me that was a joke, not something serious. cuz that sounded really stupid.

Bebop
06-05-2011, 05:04 PM
People should not be banned for asking to be heard about their suggestions. Where is the Customer Satisfaction. The Customer may not be right but the questions or suggestions are thoughts that should not convict them to be banned. Take some customer classes on how to deal with people and not to convict them for a question. Sorry but we deal with customers all the time and it is all about customer satisfaction that gives us 52 million a year.

blackberg
06-05-2011, 05:41 PM
please tell me that was a joke, not something serious. cuz that sounded really stupid.

when 55 of 57 posts are in the Irvine lake forum, and no "official" response from the Irvine lake staff, it may just be real. Would be easy for Irvine lake to come in here and tell karalm to STFU if they are not related.
Otherwise it looks like an official stance.
-bb

hooks
06-05-2011, 06:00 PM
when 55 of 57 posts are in the Irvine lake forum, and no "official" response from the Irvine lake staff, it may just be real. Would be easy for Irvine lake to come in here and tell karalm to STFU if they are not related.
-bb

You're joking, right? :Idiot:

fish-o-haulic
06-05-2011, 06:50 PM
-bb

I was kidding about if he was serious or not. I know what he said was dumb. Its called being sarcastic. lol

evosamurai
06-05-2011, 07:16 PM
what if it would stay open all night for like a team 57 event, maybe get the money in advance and then allow it could that be possible?

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-05-2011, 08:17 PM
i was kidding about if he was serious or not. I know what he said was dumb. Its called being sarcastic. Lol

ru sure.......................

karalm
06-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Congrats to fish-o-haulic!!
He figured out that my comment was being "sarcastic", was not an official line by vine officials and in no way was meant to harm PBC. This is a public forum and is here to provide a means for everyone to express their positions (either way) and to provoke spirited discussion when the topic is a special opinion or desire. Irvine Lake's lack of response IMHO is their is no business case (even one night a month) or the cost to have security / boat and store mgmt, insurance liability, etc is too high for the too few. We will see as the catfish/ night season starts this Friday. Good luck to all cat hunters!!

vineline
06-06-2011, 08:11 AM
We understand that some of you hardcore catfishermen love the 24 hr. fishing. With that said there is only a handful of you that would actually take advantage of the 24 hour fishing. I will propose to the board that we do a 24 hour fishing event for a "price" once per month. Here's the catch, in order to make it cost effective for Irvine Lake it will only be shore fishing. That way we don't have to pay dock workers, patrol on the water and we don't have to keep the store open. What do you think?

vineline
06-06-2011, 08:20 AM
.In addition to the 24 shore fishing. We can try to do a 24 hour fishing event for boaters. Once again for a "price" by reservation only. In short I would pre sell the event and see what we get. If I get enough people signed up and its cost effective for Irvine Lake then we will do it.

What do you think?

hooks
06-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the response. I, personally, wouldn't do a 24 hour session if I couldn't launch my boat. I would do it though by reservation or whatever means you deem necessary to make it happen for boaters.
thanks again!

fish-o-haulic
06-06-2011, 09:20 AM
HA! vineline backed up what i said unknowingly. cuz i said once a month, and that probably not all the time becuse theres not enough of you. aaaahhhh alright im back to being bored again.

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-06-2011, 10:10 AM
your not going to get one, at one time or another everyone has requested 24hr fishing at the vine and nothing has and never will come of it, ur kinda beating a dead horse.

You said it...lol

2quikmotorwerks
06-06-2011, 10:27 AM
You said it...lol
And still nothing has besides a proposal,so just chill

i feed fish
06-06-2011, 01:06 PM
I think you guys are forgetting that its not just cat guys that fish at night the bass guys would probably be a bigger market if you pushed for it.

TaperSteve
06-06-2011, 01:21 PM
+ the night time crappie guys thats when you get the bigger slabs.

I started a poll about this subject. Go vote! Lets see if we can make this happen!

Either way this summer is sure to be amazing at my favorite lake, the Vine!

TS

Hitts0n
06-06-2011, 07:31 PM
I think reservations for a 24 hour event is a great idea! I'm in for that one!
I'm ready to sign up now !! Let us know Vineline ! Im ready to be sleeping next to pontoon n trolly :ROFL::ROFL:

Hometown
06-06-2011, 07:34 PM
You mean between Pontoon and Trolly
I think reservations for a 24 hour event is a great idea! I'm in for that one!
I'm ready to sign up now !! Let us know Vineline ! Im ready to be sleeping next to pontoon n trolly :ROFL::ROFL:

Hitts0n
06-06-2011, 07:42 PM
You mean between Pontoon and Trolly

As long as Trolly doesnt cut 1 loose ! lmao !