PDA

View Full Version : Casting Rod

reservoir dog
06-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Hello FNN'ers, just looking for opinions and suggestions on a decent casting rod for LMB. Looking to upgrade my rods and curious to know what's out there. What do you use or what would you recommend?

Sorry guys just realized I just posted this in the wrong section...my bad!

fish-o-haulic
06-01-2011, 04:36 PM
uh oh uh. I dont fish bass. i have this medium shimano spinning reel that casts pretty good. but i only use it for trout. ive caught a lmb on it before though he was about 4lbs.

sshernandez
06-01-2011, 05:57 PM
uh oh uh. I dont fish bass. i have this medium shimano spinning reel that casts pretty good. but i only use it for trout. ive caught a lmb on it before though he was about 4lbs.

Hes asking for a casting rod bro why would you post if you dont know.. Sorry guys but I cant stand when people go out of subject..

fish-o-haulic
06-01-2011, 05:59 PM
bored i guess. just a post bro calm down. its not like i came here to jack up his entire thread.

Which Way Out
06-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Hes asking for a casting rod bro why would you post if you dont know.. Sorry guys but I cant stand when people go out of subject..

What subject are youuuuuu talking about. None so let it pass

sshernandez
06-01-2011, 06:04 PM
I have an boyed duckett cranking series 7"11 micro gides and I love it. I got it on a 200 curado e7 its so light and cast like a dream. it goes for about $185 . Well thats my info on that good luck

P.A.W.
06-01-2011, 07:06 PM
There will be all kinds of suggestions from $50 to $200. I have started collecting a few rods in the last year as it's my first year into LMB and striper fishing. I am really happy with my St.Croix Mojo series rods. There are like 8 different ones, all specific to different presentations, but some can be used for a few different things. They are priced right at $100 +- each. Very lightweight and all work well.

I would question whether a realative newb should spend any more on a rod because you probably wouldn't feel too much difference. After a couple years and much use then you can start looking to upgrade. Just IMHO.

DarkShadow
06-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Are you gonna be using it for a particular application, or are you just looking for an 'all around' rod?

What is your price range?

vanillagurilla
06-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Abu garcia veritas and vendetta rods are the best your going to find for around $100, light, sensitive and strong. I've talked to purple that use them instead of there cumaras, crucials and loomis rods.

AngryAgent
06-03-2011, 01:23 PM
If money wasn't a problem and I could have any 2 rods to fish the whole spectrum of bass I would suggest these two:

Loomis-IMX 782-for all your lighter presentations up to 8lbs. I like the IMX model a bit better then the GLX for this one because the IMX is a bit faster. I use this rod for dropshot, Texas-rig, Carolina and fishing live crawdads. You can also pitch spinners, jerk and buzz baits if that's your thing no problem.

Loomis-GLX 843-I use this for everything 10-12lbs. This rod is great for fishing big worms 7-12" any style and live crawdads. This is a great big bass rod and handles those nasty ones that love nothing more then to come up and head shake on the surface and then rip you a new one going back down. Plenty of back bone and super sensitive. I also use this rod for fishing in the Harbor and have ripped up some legal Halibut no problem. This is probably my favorite bass rod..

JMO..

reservoir dog
06-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Abu garcia veritas and vendetta rods are the best your going to find for around $100, light, sensitive and strong. I've talked to purple that use them instead of there cumaras, crucials and loomis rods.

If money wasn't a problem and I could have any 2 rods to fish the whole spectrum of bass I would suggest these two:

Loomis-IMX 782-for all your lighter presentations up to 8lbs. I like the IMX model a bit better then the GLX for this one because the IMX is a bit faster. I use this rod for dropshot, Texas-rig, Carolina and fishing live crawdads. You can also pitch spinners, jerk and buzz baits if that's your thing no problem.

Loomis-GLX 843-I use this for everything 10-12lbs. This rod is great for fishing big worms 7-12" any style and live crawdads. This is a great big bass rod and handles those nasty ones that love nothing more then to come up and head shake on the surface and then rip you a new one going back down. Plenty of back bone and super sensitive. I also use this rod for fishing in the Harbor and have ripped up some legal Halibut no problem. This is probably my favorite bass rod..

JMO..

Actually I've had my eye on either the Veritas or Vendetta which should go nicely with my Revo. But I've also read good reviews on G.Loomis rods. I'm sure any of these rods will get the job done and live up their reputations. Thanks for the suggestion guys!