PDA

View Full Version : NPB= Grueling. NO PICS.

smokehound
06-01-2011, 02:51 AM
Began around 1 pm, a low tide of only 2 feet's difference made for a slow-slow-slow brutal session. (got stranded again LOL!) What's the deal with pay-phones beings so freaking rare in newport?

Tossed some hammers around, for alot of short bites.. Watched a little asian dude at the channel catch a massive 17-inch spottie, and keep it. RIP.. that fish was OLD!

I should have purchased some 3-incher hammers.. the dangerous surf was impossible. I can manage a rip current, or two, but this was just ridiculous. It wasn't as bad as monday, with the insane washing-machine conditions, but still DANGEROUS.

A big thanks to the gentleman that smoked me out with the romulan spliff. That really helped me out.

A whopping ONE fish, care of the halloween big hammer, near via lido.. barely ten inches..

I WAS gonna try around 15th st, but that damn low tide really screwed things up for me.

What good is a massive high tide, when there's hardly a low tide? :LOL:

I'll be back.. X(

DockRat
06-01-2011, 06:41 AM
Not being a Trekie I had to look it up. :EyePop:

Romulan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
Romulans
Romulan Star Empire
The Romulans from Balance of Terror, played by Mark Lenard (left) and Lawrence Montaigne
Founded circa 5th century A.D
Home world Romulus and Remus
Capital(s) Romulus
Official language(s) Romulan (see: universal translator)

The Romulans are a fictional alien race in the Star Trek universe, designed to resemble Romans.[citation needed] First appearing in the original Star Trek series in the 1966 episode "Balance of Terror", they have since made appearances in all the main later Star Trek series: The Animated Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise. In addition, they have appeared in various spin-off media, and prominently in the two films Star Trek Nemesis (2002) and Star Trek (2009).

Throughout the series they are generally depicted as antagonists, who are always at war or in an uneasy truce with the United Federation of Planets, the show's galactic organization of which Earth is a member.

The Romulans also act as a counterpoint to the logical Vulcan race who they look very similar to and share a common ancestry with. As such, the Romulans are characterized as passionate, cunning, and opportunistic — in every way the opposite of the logical Vulcans. The Romulans are the dominant race of the Romulan Star Empire. Star Trek Star Charts place the Romulan Empire into the Beta Quadrant of the galaxy, however, in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, they are referred to as an Alpha Quadrant power.

stepchild
06-01-2011, 07:29 AM
you'll gettum next time...also DR are you serious????

murrieta angler
06-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Hey Smoke,
At least you didn't get the skunk.
Robert
<><

exfactor
06-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Paying your dues............you got 2 go fishin dude, its all good

AngryAgent
06-01-2011, 09:40 AM
I float tube that joint all the time, I think Stepchild hits it up frequently too. We should have a session.

vanillagurilla
06-01-2011, 09:53 AM
lets hit it on foot agent! i dont have a tube :( lol. i could probly get one to use.

ghetto dad
06-01-2011, 12:42 PM
sounds like he got the skunk...but a different kind LOL

yeah conditions this year are horrible so far....

great report tho brother

SUCKS about the bucket brigader keepin that bass :(

GD

smokehound
06-01-2011, 05:20 PM
"Sounds like he got the skunk, but a different kind"

LOL! Indeed!

I still had fun, it was great to get out and finally do some baybassin again.

I'll check things out when the tide isn't so damn wonky.

I'm down for a foot session, if you guys are.

ryryk
06-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Super romulan back in the day put me on my butt. Lol.
I think that lil asian dude is there all the time ...
Thanks for the report.

vanillagurilla
06-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Hit me up when u want to foot it smokehound, I'm in anaheim also.

smokehound
06-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Super romulan back in the day put me on my butt. Lol.
I think that lil asian dude is there all the time ...
Thanks for the report.He's there alot. I cant hate him, he's a REALLY nice guy. But still, I wish he spoke better english, so I could educate him.

@VanillaGurilla -- I'm down. Might go tomorrow morning, or afternoon.. depending on the tide swing.

Sublime-Steve
06-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Ever just stare @ the waves and forget ur fishing? lol

FishinLBC
06-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Ever just stare @ the waves and forget ur fishing? lol

lmfao just did that the other day w/ a fish on my spare rod did not even see it fish and game guy was like i think u have a fish on lol